The Haunts Converge

(Under Control) Broken In Half
May 1, 2014 - May 29, 2014
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

O-Yama looks down at his katana, swiftly pulling the weapon from his belt loop and regarding it, blade hidden away in its sheath. "I see no reason why it would impair the reunification of our clan, brother, but if it bothers you I have no issue relinquishing it." He asks, but dismisses the question with a shake of his head.

He turns to Gary ready to hand him the weapon his attention still given to Culler. "I trust that it will be well kept." O-Yama says, but despite handing over his weapon, he pushes the blood out, strengthening his muscles.

If Culler brought the fight to him at any point, he would be ready.

O-Yama notices Dirge enter and moves to assist her to a seat, and ally was an ally afterall. He turns back after doing so and remains silent, waiting for Culler to begin.

1 Vitae to fuel Vigor for the scene, just in case

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff nearly swallows his tongue when he sees Hatori has brought his sword. The last time he had seen the man armed at a Clan meeting, he had tried to run the neonate through. He considers donning the Cloak and leaving everyone to whatever fight they were going to have, then coming back to pick up the pieces later. But that simply wouldn't do for such a prominent official. Not yet, anyway. Thankfully, O-Yama agrees to have it placed in the ghoul's care and everyone can relax just a bit easier.

"Good evening, Hatori, Dirge," he says, nodding to her, then the newcomer Flores. He wonders, has he seen this man before? Is this some ringer brought in by either Culler or Hatori to provide an extra vote? Should it count, seeing as the man has not been Acknowledged? Well, he thinks, that depends entirely on where he casts it, doesn't it? "Good evening, Mr. Flores, is it? What a fortuitous time to arrive," he croaks innocently. The Seneschal then takes a seat at the round table, anxious to get down to politics.

Anton lets his canvass sack dangle down his back, having watched the sword-bearer submit his weapon. Anton nods at Culler and Heathcliffe. The movement contorts milky scar-tissue crossing his windpipe into a strained smile. It didn't take a statesman to sense a certain divisiveness staining the meeting. The showy sword was something of a tip-off. Too early to decide whether to let things heal or pick at it, he decides, letting his dry throat open to address his greeters.

"That it is, on the first count," he affirms to Staley, in a buzzing drawl. "I wouldn't know on the second count, I confess. Good evening to you." He faces Arnold Culler "Mr Culler. Evening there. It's Regent Culler now, isn't it?" Anton looms over an empty chair, gripping the seat tentatively with blade-painted arms.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

NOS
    PRE

Michael takes note of O Yama's sword and watches as he hands it to Gary. Damn, I should have placed bets as I probably could have made some money. Well I wonder how long this will last before Culler busts out his ax. He remains silent as he watches the exchanges between everyone. Nodding to those who greet him and choosing not to really make smalltalk as at this point doing so could show signs of favoritism which in this room tonight could prove lethal.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Arnold continues to smile as he watches O-Yama hurry off to help Dirge. It seemed that the old adage about birds of a feather was still true.

Looking to Anton he nods "And Priscus, as of the moment. One can also say that I'm the Sheriff, though that position is somewhat up in the air at the moment."

Once everyone's taken their seats Arnold leans forward and speaks in a firm voice, loud enough to be heard "I'm glad to see that everyone could attend tonight. Most of you here were at Court the other night, and after the showing our Family made that night I wasn't sure of who would heed my meeting notice and who would not. I am happy to say that I am pleased at the turnout."

"Let me take a moment, however, while I have the floor, to voice my opinion of how those matters were handled. Business between the Nosferatu should remain business between the Nosferatu. At this moment the entire Domain sees us as fragmented, conflicted, and weak. Even if this were the case it should not be so obvious that the entire city should know it. What I am saying is that none of us should have to be informed by the Prince that one a family member has a bone to pick with them."
    Arnolds eyes lock on O-Yama as he says this last bit. It's obviously meant for him.

Moving on "Where I come from the Nosferatu maintained a unified network of information, tirelessly upheld by the cooperation of its membership - cooperation focused primarily on keeping the matters of the Clan secret from those whom it did not concern. From what I hear it is like this in many places, with Haunts even going so far in some cities that they are able to form vast underground markets for goods, services, and information that are all beyond the influence of Kine and even most Kindred. This is all achieved through one principle, I believe, and that is keeping the Blood to the Blood. What I mean, of course, is that family matters stay as such and are usually resolved before bubbling to the surface and embarrassing us all."

"It is my vision that we come together and accomplish a complete turn-around. Let the city think that the Nosferatu fight amongst themselves and meanwhile we will gather our strength in the shadows, as we are fit to do. As far back as many can remember the Nosferatu have always occupied a place of power in Sacramento, and I believe that it must always be so - even if our power is not so obvious as a bestowed title."

Like Reeve

He finishes his speech and looks around the table, waiting for the comments and opinions of his family members.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

"I agree with you wholeheartedly, Priscus Culler," Heathcliff croaks, addressing him by the title Culler felt needed to be reinforced, looking pointedly at O-Yama. "This matter should have been handled privately. Especially since you had no solid proof, Hatori, no evidence. The Prince dismissed your rhetoric as such, and thus, two of the most prominent Nosferatu of Sacramento were made to look like bickering children that needed their father to step in and tell them that if they weren't careful, neither would get to play with the toy." His fingers begin to drum on the lid of his briefcase.

"In fact, Hatori, your feeble attempt to wrest power from your Clansman would have utterly failed had Priscus Culler not made the second grave political miscalculation of this event when he reached out to Dirge." He looks at the blind Haunt. "Kudos to you, Miss Dirge. Had you spoken in Culler's defense, O-Yama could have been branded a loose cannon, a malcontent, and we could have ostracized him publicly for some time and continued the image of our clan united and strong. Instead, you took your opportunity to make your own grievance, against him and myself, and open the door for one of our rivals to take the important position of Reeve. And for all your complaints, for your grand ideas of bussing the homeless out of town, or creating a media frenzy, or leaning on them politically, have you tried to do any of these things? Have you sought any support outside those who do not believe this plan will work and thus find honor for yourself in its accomplishment, instead of sniping at your Clan publicly?"

Heathcliff looks back to Arnold. "You have made many political mis-steps. Your first was rebuffing your Clansman, O-Yama, when he sought his position of Priscus, quite publicly, for which I do not blame you. Another clumsy grab for power by Hatori. Why did you not follow up with him in private, knowing he had the ability to beg a public inquiry into your position? Why have you let your office come under public scrutiny in either case? Laziness on the job can be hidden for years, decades, if only you've the support of the right people."

Heathcliff looks around the table. "What did you all see at Court? Are you all as blind as Dirge? The Haunts of Sacramento are already under attack. We hold much power in this Domain and our enemies want to take it. The Ventrue mock us, with our most powerful forced into silly outfits, for the court's entertainment. Did you miss the ornaments the Keeper used, the torpored Azmi along with Dirge's fool lover, Markos? Or how Victoria Stamford has used her position of Harpy to weaken your position, Priscus? Meanwhile, the Mekhets seek to usurp us. Do you have any idea how many new Shadows have arrived recently? And one of their Regents has opened their territory to them, to strengthen their clan. Meanwhile, your brothers and sisters are left to their own devices. The Mekhet hold two Domains; the Nosferatu hold one. One, while the Clan looks splintered publicly, while your position in the Domain looks so unsteady as to invite competition. Do you truly wish to invite conflict at this time? You are not even certain who is an ally."

His fingers continue to dance tunelessly across the slim leather box. "I should think, Priscus Culler, that in your goal to retain the position of Reeve, that you pursue it as single-mindedly as you have publicly sworn and relinquish unnecessary responsibilities, such as Nosferatu Priscus. I would be willing to accept this burden, and would make a wise choice. I have not publicly taken sides for either yourself or Hatori, choosing to abstain for performing for our enemies and under my leadership, will be able to once again present a united front to the other Clans. Until, unless, you secure the position of Reeve, you are a political liability at present. And Hatori's outrageous behavior should preclude him from the office," he says, waving his hand dismissively. "I understand the complexities of the Danse in ways your lack of foresight," at Culler, "or self-control," at Hatori, "have failed to demonstrate. Make no mistake, the Priscus is a trifling position and our goal as a Clan ought to be to insure that Reeve Culler remains Reeve Culler. And Regent. The defense of your Regency is also of grave importance."

...Silly costumes?

Anton's eyes glinted like murky pools in the room's low light. He watched the speakers, heard them say their piece. The Beast continued to protest the presence of the other damned. Anton's ragged, half-gone fingernails bit deeply into a calloused palm while he waited for the serpent's fire to wane into a hoarse pulse. Despised and nearly divided, proposed empowerment; the clan's circumstances were concerning in a way which was almost predictable. Anton gazed wordlessly at the others, awaiting rebuttal.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge sat quietly doing her best to listen carefully as she was quite interested in how these two men would respond. However, as she sat there they droned on, and on, and on. Then when it sounded like Culler was finished Heathcliff jumped in with is maddeningly long speech.

Dark Goddess do these two enjoy hearing themselves speak, she thought to herself. She held her irritation and anger in check at the way the Seneschal talked down to her, and then when he mentioned the display at court she couldn't believe her ears. No one had bothered to mention anything to her, not so much as a word or even a snicker. She silently and carefully considered the insult that the Keeper gave her and the Crone.

When Heathcliff was finished Dirge finally spoke up. "To answer your question Seneschal, yes. I would also like to add that I have made more progress there than any of you and all I had to do is what any one of you could have done and that was talk to the Prince. I found him quite interested in my assessment of the situation and my proposals, thank you very much."

"I have nothing against Priscus Culler or yourself for that matter, but what do you expect me to do when I have done nothing but issue warnings for months and no one with in my own clan listens? You all are too busy sceming for Priscus to actually do anything. But at least the city's Nosferatu will be united as the city burns around us. Your all too busy looking at the fancy titles, rewards, and patting yourselves on the back to see the big picture, and that is there is stuff that needs doing."

"Now, that being said I believe some of what the Seneschal and Priscus Culler have said is of benefit. I think we all could have something to gain by presenting a united front to the city."

Idiots...what a waste of my existance.

NOS
    PRE

Michael listens to the back and forth between Staley and Culler then Dirge and Staley. At the mentioning of all the who did what about the homeless he resists the urge to snap. Fucking meritocracies. At least we're not in court this time for everyone to see this.

"I agree with Dirge and the Senechal's assessment." he says after she's finished. "From an external viewpoint he does seem to have a more friendly standing with others in the city, this is apparent because he's been appointed with the command of the four interested in the position as Reeve. I think this change in making the Senechal Priscus will show that we do not stagnate when there are apparent rifts within our clan and it will also give others a sense that there is an objective viewpoint representing the Nosferatu as opposed to a possible subjective viewpoint if Priscus Culler remains being that he was one side of the arguments made during Court. I would think that this also shows that he does have a determined interest in maintaning the position as Reeve if it shows he no longer has to focus on maintaining the title of clan head. I know the Seneschal was keeping tabs onto the homeless situation because he appointed me with a task investigating it as well as Dirge. Appointing him with Priscus is more than just a fancy title, being that he does seem to work with many other kindred of the city in coordinating problems, by making him Priscus will give off a sense of unity amongst our clan within the grand scheme of things."

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

O-Yama listens, first as Culler speaks, and then as Heathcliff speaks his mind as well. He makes no show of reacting to any accusations, nor does he rise to any of the insults, however minor, shot against him. Part of him, deep, dark, the Oni, begs him to feed, to rip into them and devour their souls, but as he has done often since awakening to this new life in America, hundreds of years of seperation from his diablerist past, he quells the Bearer of Lanterns into silence. He listens as Dirge repeats her protests she had already spoken in Court, with mild amusement.

Finally, Mr. Hall speaks up, and O-Yama nods once he is finished. "I agree with you, Priscus Culler. We should stand united, as we always have in this domain. I admit freely that my attack, if you could call it that, was rash, and not thouroughly thought through. I was heated, freshly released from Horizon, after so long an imprisonment, it left me seeking battle in whatever form I could find it. Your denial of my return to my former status, however foolish it was, merely stoked the flames within me and caused me to single you out as a target of my wrath." O-Yama says, pausing, allowing a moment for that to digest. "I would formally apologise for that. We have been friends for a long time, it was stupidity on my part to cast that aside in a brash move for power, and if you would accept it, I would have us return to our former comradery."

"Seneschal Staley, I would also cast my approval that you be named Priscus of the Haunts. Reeve Culler, your Estate must remain solid and as steel before any apparant enemies. I would lend my katana to keep your lands clean of poachers if you would have me, a gesture of good faith that I have set aside this pettiness. We must stand firm, and destroy any enemies that come before our clan, our domain." O-Yama says, growing silent once again.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread