Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
Dead Men Don't Dance

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8

"You mean, have him magically recover from the bruises he's expecting, which will also wake him up as we're trying to leave? That sounds like a bad idea, and I don't do impersonations, either." Tug takes the locker key in lieu of the wallet, then the battery out of the phone; maybe the cops didn't have a lock on their position yet. This was bad, bad, bad. Maybe the guy had recorded their conversation onto a machine in a locker at a train station or something, much more difficult to find than an address of a license. Obviously. "Okay, new plan. Can you change the color of my truck and the numbers on my license plates for an hour? Hopefully not to a stolen vehicle's, but we'll make do with what we get. We got no time to bury that guy here, we gotta go. Unless you can clear enough earth to bury my whole truck right now." Tug sighs. "Or you can walk away from all this right now, take his motorcycle and go. It's my damn fault, I'll take whatever heat comes. Your choice, cowboy."

Rosh

PRE

Cowboy? Wasn't Tug- "Listen up Raider. He is hurt, you hurt him. If he is healed, what can he pin on you? All he has is a voice on a recording device from a phone he owns. I'll change your truck and drive it. You have his keys. Lets go-" Rosh turns for the car and tries to remember the proper steps to do what needed to be done. Tug could do whatever.

PRE

Tug can't believe he was considering working with this guy. As he pats the guy down for anything else useful to determining where the key might fit or where this guy lives, he informs Rosh, "'Assault' can simply be a push, man. Any contact whatsoever. And I'm not worried about going to jail for assault, I'm worried about going to jail for 'murdering' the guy you spilled all over my backseat, dude. No, I ain't gonna heal his ass, because even more important than not going to jail for murder is protecting the Mysteries, which I guess you don't understand." Libertines. "You want me to give a sneaky stalker reason to be suspicious that there are things ought there he can't explain, but that I might be a key to? You are crazy as hell. Gimme my keys back, I'm driving. If you're comin' with, change the truck like I said and let's go. Otherwise, best of luck to you, you can have his bike keys if you want, but I'm not wasting another second arguing with you."

1 sux Wits + Larceny

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Tug comes up empty-handed; maybe the saddle bags on the bike have something useful?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Rosh

PRE

Rosh sighs and hands the keys back. Tug had a point. But Magic could fix-

Hadn't Rosh grilled Jimmy for the same idea.
    Resigned at his plan falling apart(again) He hurries towards Tug's truck. The spell was simple. Make SUV green.

Drained from making a mess in Tugs truck, Rosh frays his pattern to have enough juice for the- oh lord almighty. The Abyss cracks through the Lie and strangles Rosh. He screams out in pain and fury and madness. Half his mind intent on finishing what he started the other trying to keep the Abyss from sundering heaven and earth. The third half wishing there was a nice hole to hide in.

The former Councilor falls to the ground. Smoke rising from his still from.

Yeah, Libertines. Never finishing the damn job. Probably should find a better work horse Tug. 1L7B all Resistant 2Mn 1 Will left [B

PRE

Tug looks at the fallen, smoking, unconscious body of their ticket out of here. "Well, that's just great." Donnie turns his head to the heavens, asking, "Why do you hate me so much? What did I ever do to you, except be awesome all the time? I just wanted to ball, goddammit." If Rosh was conscious, he wouldn't have to worry about being chased by the cops- he could figure something out, shapeshifting is helpful that way. What's he gonna do now? Scenarios play out in his head, each flawed in some important way. They all left Rosh holding the murder bag, and despite how unhelpful the Libertine has been tonight, his duty as an Arrow was to protect him.

There was nothing for it. Tug had to trust that Fate would protect him from the authorities long enough for him to dispose of the evidence. The 'Perfect Moment,' heh, is definitely over, so he loses it to free up his pattern from interference, along with his spell to sense living creatures nearby. Then he chants and calls upon his Watchtower to make him strong, and Fate to keep the cops away long enough for this to work. The Wilds shine upon their famous son, but She barely notices his request. Sooooooo typical.

Tug drags both the jerk's, and Rosh's, bodies about fifty yards away from his truck. Then he takes his shirt off, tears off a lengthy shred, opens the gas tank, and shoves it inside, so that some small amount is hanging off. He uses the dash lighter to set it on fire and runs back to the bodies, collecting Rosh's in a fireman's carry and waiting to make sure his favorite Lady goes up in flames before running off with the former Councilor.

Rolls

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The SUV is slowly consumed by fire as Tug watches. Were it not for the conflagaration before him, he might have seen headlights miles away. As it is, they're only a half mile away when he realizes that they're heading his way. The burning vehicle must suddenly register; red and blue lights suddenly come on, and Tug can make out the faint whine of a siren.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

The response team is much quicker than Tug thought. He had underestimated how much California cops like to arrest celebrities. There was probably had a hasty game of paper-rock-scissors involved. He beats feet back the way he came, through the woods, as fast as he can, hoping that the fire and rescuing the unconscious photographer would be enough of a distraction to buy him a minute or two before they actually started looking for him. He also hoped the firefighters were much slower than the cops...and that Robbins PD didn't have a helicopter. Once he's got some serious distance behind him, a mile or two, he'll put Rosh down for a second to text message Animus. He needed his friend to get Tom's dogtags, his brother's anchor to the this world, before the cops could. And Biscuit, too. Can't forget Biscuit. He was worried if he waited until he could get back, disguised of course, Banishers would have already taken the opportunity to raid his house, as soon as his name was announced on the news as a fugitive.

At least he isn't driving a white Bronco away from the scene, that would be so cliche.

Note, Question

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Tug makes his getaway!

OOC

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread