Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Telephoning Ruby

THREADID

Jordan spun the lock on his safe, how holding not only the cipher key and the ledger, but pages and pages of translation. It was fascinating, the way the same runes meant different things based on geography and idiom. But now he was far along indeed in translation of the ledger, and it was time to confer. The contents were portent-ridden.

He went into is living room and plopped himself unceremoniously into the chair. Picking up his land line, he dialed Ruby.

"Ring...ring...ring.

Ruby is about to let her phone go to voicemail, but she sees that it's Jordan.

The sounds of the park make it difficult to hear, and traffic along the nearby intersection competes for attention.

"Hello, Jordan. How are you?"

Jordan smiled. "Propping my eyes with a couple of matches. Ruby, the cipher book gave me the key to interpreting the runes in the ledger. I'm well into the translation, and what I see is very interesting indeed. I'd like to meet and discuss it, and next steps. What's your timetable like?"

"Well Jordan, we're now right in the middle of lookin' for a man who might help us make sense of that information. We're out at Tower Bridge Park. Might be helpful if you were here to speak to him."

"If you don't have time, I've got some time comin' up this week. We can just set aside some time."

Jordan reflected for a moment. Then he nodded, and glanced at his wristwatch.

"Tower Bridge Park? I can be there in about 20 minutes, barring complications."

"Well, we'll see you then. I suggest you dress light, it's gotten terribly hot out now."

"See you soon!"

Jordan hung up. Everything was in the safe, but his memory was still outstanding. He went to change...and left

Closed Thread