21 - 26
DISPLAYED
Of the People, By the People, For the People

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"I'd like to think I'm fairly reasonable," Asa replied. There was a slight shrug. It was simply a comment, neither inviting agreement nor dissent.

A soft laugh, then, "Oh, I think you would have infuriated Miss Brady; she was Irish, and thought she invented 'inscrutable and alluring'. As to the city's history... perhaps Oracle Shadow has a chronicle, if you're interested. It would certainly be the least biased account, I'd imagine."
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Mmm, but I'd had to disturb the Oracle, she seems to value her privacy. I'm sure I'll be able to piece it together as I go along. *She can't help but smile at the description of the former Seneschal* Your Majesty, most beautiful women, and all Irish women, believe that to some degree. Why do you think the Irish men drink so much?
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Honestly? I thought it was rightly deserved masochism for playing that godawful game they call rugby instead of football," Asa replied. The amusement in his eyes clearly admitted he knew how many things were bad and wrong with the statement.

Asa paused, considering, then added, "If you are truly interested, aside from a decade in New York, I've spent the majority of the last century in this city. We were mostly urbane anarchy until Straiphen's praxis in the 'sixties."

Leaning back, he crossed his legs, plucking at the fabric bunched under a knee.

"What have you heard, and where would you like me to begin?"
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara smiles, she could play that little game as well.* First, one does not "play" rugby, one survives it. And we do play football, its just you Yanks insist on calling it "soccer", a word that exists no where else in the word but America.

*She's silent for a moment, turning over the questions in her head.* It's not so much what I've heard as what I do not know. People will make references to events or people I do not know of. Such as Ms Brady. It is simply... disconcerting not to know the frame of reference in a conversation. I suppose I could ask you for the full history of Sacramento; but I'm sure you have better things to do with your evening than play Professor... *She smiles, pretty sure she knew how Clarke would rather be spending his night...*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

It was disconcerting. In an existence where nights could bleed together until decades had passed without anything to signify the time, Sacramento had been broken and re-formed twice.

There would come a time when faces became so familiar, and timeless, that he wouldn't be able to remember if they were friend or foe; simply, that they had always been. Now, though, the list of those who were only memories was longer than than those he knew.

Who would ever have thought Karsh, or even Freddrick, would find Final Death? Or that Gideon and Headstrong would simply leave?

"Well, that just depends on how bad your grades are, and how much extra credit work you need to do,"
    Asa replied, smiling. It was lackluster, a half-hearted response for appearance sake more than anything else.

"Tobias Strapiphen was deposed by an alliance of the Covenants, and shortly thereafter, Freddrick took the Princedom. Karsh the Bloody was his Harpy, Brandon Davis his Hound, and Ishani Naetesh his Sheriff. Kisten Maze served as his Seneschal for over a decade before meeting his Final Death and being replaced by Twist," Asa began, summarizing.

"Last year, a vampire powerful enough to be a progenitor named Eric Rose and Diablerized Freddrick, Karsh, Davis, and almost all of the other Elders. He was stopped by a biological attack that killed almost all of the city's Kindred. Those that didn't die spent several nights in Torpor, fighting off the... 'infection'. We have come to call those the Lost Nights."

There was more --much more; the Gardeners, Vash's betrayal, Marcus' death sentence.

"But I won't bore you with more than the rough outline, and I appreciate you making time for this meeting,"
    he concluded.

Ciara thanks Asa for his time and departs. Scene ends.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread