Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Back in Town...

s
    silafirion

Temple shades his eyes as he steps off the bus in the afternoon light. The sun seems so much brighter when not hidden behind the tinted windows of a charter bus.

Temple thanks the driver as he is handed his duffel bag and hefts it over his shoulder, walking up the sidewalk just a bit. Damn, where to go first?? He had not expected to take the sudden journey back to his hometown in B.F.E. but it was a bit of a family emergency. The real downside to it all was that he had to lose the lease on his apartment.

He pulls out his partially crushed pack of Camels and lights one up, getting himself ready for the potential trek all over Sacramento. Well, I suppose I'd better find a place to crash for the night. I'll see if I can't locate some of my buddies that might be willing to let me loaf on the couch for a bit. At least until I can get some sort of money to be able to afford a place again. God, I fuckin' hate being homeless...

Temple lifts the duffel bag and puts his arms through the handles of the bag in order to wear it in a back pack fashion. Taking another long drag of his cigarette and exhaling it with a sigh, he begins his walk towards someplace where he might run into one of his old friends.

Temple walks into Capitol Park. It's a sunny and hot afternoon in Sacramento, and the shade from the park's many trees feels good after walking in the sun.

Making his way through the park he finds himself at the Veteran's Memorial. There, leaning against a lightpost, stood one of Temple's old buddies - just as Temple had expected. It was Randall, one of the first people he'd met after coming to Sacramento. He appeared nonchalant and bored, but Temple knew better. Considering the way his eyes kept scanning the horizon and his constantly turning head, this man was here on business.

s
    silafirion

Ah, Randall... It's been a while since I've seen him.

Randall had been one of the few guys that had first helped him out when he'd first shown up in Sac. They had met while waiting for the bus, which was running extremely behind, and out of boredom, they had struck up a conversation. It never ceases to amaze Temple that druggies can spot another of the "brotherhood" a mile away. You get to look for those tell-tale signs: sniffling, or itching, or the tight jawline that was a sure sign of a tweaker. Or maybe you can just tell by the look in their eyes. That constant scanning of everyone and everything around them. Temple still hadn't figured out if it was from paranoia or interest in learning everything they could about all that surrounded them.

Temple bounces around adjusting the giant, military sized duffel bag he's wearing as a backpack and starts walking toward Randall. He walks at a slow casual pace so as not to freak anyone out that may be scoping Randall out. Not sure what kind of business Randall is here on, but I definitely don't want to interrupt in-case it's important. Once Temple gets about 50 feet away, he waves and calls out,"Hey Randall! Fancy meeting you here."

Randall nearly jumps out of his skin when he's called out by name, and he looks around frantically for a second before his eyes fall on Temple. His face breaks out into a big grin and he walks over to his friend.

"Yo, Temp! What's up, man? Where you been?"

s
    silafirion

"Not a whole lot." Temple approaches Randall with his fist extended for the classic fist bump. "Just got back in town. Had to go back home for a couple months. Family shit."

Temp hefts the duffel bag off his back and drops it on the ground with a grunt. Pulling a cigarette out and lighting it, he offers one to Randall.

"It was kinda of a shitty deal. I had to drop everything here and now that I'm back I gotta start all over again."

Randall looks concerned "You need a leg up, bro? I know this one dude who may be able to front you up. Get some cash in your pocket, ya know?"

s
    silafirion

Relief floods Temple as he hears this. He'd been banking on finding someone who'd help him out, but didn't figure he'd find one so quickly.

"That'd be awesome. I'm also looking for a place to crash for a while. I'd like to avoid the few homeless shelters in the area if at all possible, ya know?"

It must have been the way he was raised cause for some reason, he cringed inside as he said this last part. He hated asking for help. That's part of the reason he liked Randall so much. He seemed to know what Temple needed and did him the favor of offering before Temple had to ask.

"Of course, I'll give whoever a cut of what I make for letting me stay..."
    he adds, just to make sure nobody thought he was a free-loader.

"Shit, man. I'd let you stay with me, but I totally just moved back in with my mom so that shit ain't happenin. Maybe Phineas will be able to help. We'll ask him when we talk to him."

It was beginning to get dark in the park. Randall asks "You ready to go?"

s
    silafirion

Temple resists the urge to make a Phineas and Ferb referance, but decides against it. Not everybody is such a child at heart. Cartoons are a guilty pleasure of his, except that he's not guilty about it at all.

"Sure, let's get the hell out of here. This place gives me the creeps at night anyways..."

Temp reaches down and picks up his duffle bag and slings it back on his shoulders, backpack style and waits for Randall to lead the way.

"Lead the way..."

Kharn

Randall nods, and just as Temple said, he leads the way. They head to Phineas' place, hoping he can hook Temple up.

End Scene

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.