Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Call To That Goth Chick

THREADID
    C
    Cadence Behr

Cadence had kept thinking of her as the hot goth chick, even after she learned her name was Cynthia. She had been thinking about her a great deal, in fact, since she first laid eyes on her at the tournament. Reminded her a girlfriend she had had a lifetime ago. All hair gel and attitude, it drove the Anarchist up the wall. She'd waited a while after Alice had given her the phone number to actually call. It took a few days to calm herself enough to pick up the phone.

You're hot shit. You got this. You got this. Okay.

She took a deep breath and dialed the number.

Let's do this ...

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia Weiss stared at her phone as a string of numbers with the words Unknown were displayed on her smartphone. Hesitating for a moment, she answered.

​"Hello?"

C
    Cadence Behr

"Uh, yeah, hey. This is Cadence. We met at the tournament. I got your number from Ms. Hart, I hope you don't mind." Will she mind? Cadence hadn't thought about it until now. Oh, jesus, I hope she doesn't mind.

"I was calling to see if you'd, uh, wanna get together, maybe show me around the city a little bit. I'm still getting my bearings, ya know?"

The Anarchist hoped that Cynthia couldn't hear the nervousness in her voice. She began to realize she hadn't really thought this through...

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"​Oh yes. I remember you." Cynthia was a bit surprised Alice had been handing out her number. But she supposed she had her reasons for doing so.

"Welll I don't know the city too well myself but I suppose I could show you a few places here and there if you really wanted."
    The artist offered, sounding a little puzzled.

C
    Cadence Behr

Aw, shit. I'm bombing. She sounds confused. Salvage this. "Uh, yeah, forgive me I know this is all a little out of the blue. To be completely honest, I saw your aesthetic and I thought, damn, I need to get to know her. You know what I mean?" She laughs nervously, and continues awkwardly rambling. "Like, if this is, uh, if this ain't kosher it's all good I'm not trying to intrude but, like, yeah. I thought we'd, uh, we'd get along, you know? You seemed like uh .. Yeah. Haha, sorry, man. I'm in some sort of way tonight, ya get me?"

She pauses for a moment, despite the awkwardness of the silence, to try to collect herself.

"That's my spiel. You wanna meet up, we can chat, see the city a little bit. Or not, ya know? It's all good. Your call."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

There was silence on the other end of the line.

"Uh. I suppose we could." Now she was starting to sound confused. ​"Anywhere in particular or...?

C
    Cadence Behr

Pull yourself together jesus christ this isn't middle school! Acting like you never had a crush before damn ... Cadence finishes scolding herself and after a moment replies more calmly, "I couldn't say, you know, being new to the city and shit. I'm down for whatever, bars, clubs, aimlessly wandering through the city, you know."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Well I haven't found any clubs I really like so far. I guess we could hang around Capitol Park around say...[date]."

C
    Cadence Behr

"Sounds good. I'll see you there."

END CALL

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 7

You do not have permission to view the list of names.