(Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She might not be able to see the flames, but the Wraith knows exactly when the lighter flickers to life. Alice keeps herself still. This is just the same as the candles. A flickering light in the darkness, nothing to worry about.

The Wraith's coils tighten, as it's tail flicks, restless.

At Henri's words understanding lights the Doll's face. Test, and trials. Alice nods a jerky awkward nod, "I can understand that Monsieur, I do something similar. But for different reasons."

"Nothing malicious, or accidental." Alice answers Henri's query. "More...of a lack. Knowledge, I mean. When it grows, evolves, strengthens....many things can happen." with her monstrous Blood, Alice is thankful that she only lost her eyes. "Yes. It was." and she leaves it at that.

"I was ready to." Alice admits. "We have a problem with arsonists. Those of my faith...ran towards the fire, while I stood frozen. I was terrified by their fervor." the sight of the farmhouse aflame, the screaming, the frenzy flash before her mind's eye before being replaced by the scent of fuel, the crunch of glass and plaster underfoot. "Then, the stars aligned. My eyes. My walk. And now I am as you see me." Entirely truthful while being as clear as mud.

"Now, when I was on my walk. It seems like Mister Maddox found his way to your door. But you, a new arrival is further learned then he is. But he's....well." Alice didn't want to get into her feeling on the Shadow Priscus by default. "How are you finding yourself?" Alice asks, willing to hear any reply he's give. Not wanting this conversation to be a one sided thing.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

2. Likes unlimited sink liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

It *is* a test! Henri Michaud , roll for Frenzy requiring 1 Success per RAW.
    And unless I'm missing something, it'll be at -1 for Hungry (4 or less Vitae)
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, unlimited sink liked this post

Frenzy Check, 1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-10-06 13:41:26 Henri Michaud rolls 3 to Resolve2 + Composure2 -1Hungry (10 Again) 9, 3, 5 1 success

After one last drag, Henri flicks the cigarette away into the night with a sigh. It never stops the complaints, no matter how hard he may try to scold it. At least not as of yet, he reminds himself. After all, he is still young in the ways of the Dragon.

At her description, vague as it is, of the loss of her eyes, Henri smiles, though ruefully. "Yes. Change never ceases, even for us. It is good to see you embrace it rather than run," he pauses thoughtfully before adding: "So many do tend to run. Or simply give up."

Listening attentively to her story, Henri can sense, beneath her words, a complex of motives and accidental encounters. A whole world of insinuations, but there's no way to press her on them. Not here, not now. "Well, I would love to hear more about your...conversion. Another time, perhaps? In a more private setting?"

He shifts slightly in his seat at the mention of Jacob. "And Mr. Maddox, he and I have yet to speak extensively. I'm hoping to remedy that situation soon," he replies, noting her tone when she speaks of the Slave. "We all have so much to learn, though. Don't you agree?"

"As for me, I find myself well. Sacramento is a very intriguing city. And our...scene is quite engaging. Again, so much to learn, yes?" He pauses before turning the conversation back toward the Blind Doll, "And how long have you been here, Ms. Hart?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Before Sacramento I might have ran. I was doing a whole lot of that, before I found my home here." It's weird. Alice thinks, as she speaks to the man beside her. Her porcelain face turned to the park surrounding them. Considering all that had happened, and how she had changed.

Alice nods, "Anything more, would have to be behind closed doors." Whispering secrets and truths in the night air tended to find ears they shouldn't.

"I wish you luck in speaking with him." Though maybe the Priscuship might have changed the Shadow that such an endeavor would be pleasant. "We do. It would be a sad day indeed to realize that you have nothing left to learn. But perhaps that would only be your ego speaking." even with forever, there would always be something out there to learn.

"It is that. And very much so." Alice is quick to nod. "Eight-no, nine months." the twist of her lips looks like a smirk. "I know that doesn't seem like a long time, especially for us. But...there's something about Sacramento. It either pulls you in, or eats you alive." Thinking of all that had happened. "Sometimes...sometimes it's both."

7. Likes unlimited sink liked this post

"Well, it is just when we think we have nothing else to learn that something teaches us otherwise. Usually in a very uncomfortable fashion." One day things simply do not work out, whether we like it or not.

Her words about Sacramento are...interesting to say the least. He can't help but wonder what the Blind Doll has seen here, literally and figuratively. "I'll take your sentiment as a kind warning then and watch out for the teeth."

There is a pause as the Daeva studies the landscape around them, astute eyes probing the darker recesses of the park.

"What do you think it might be, about the city, that makes it so...unique?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"A truer thing has never been spoken." Alice says in her own agreement.

"Just...don't be so cautious to never put yourself at risk." Alice says, "The cliche holds true. Without risk, there's no reward. It's a delicate balance."

"...I don't know."
    Alice frowns, wondering after the uniqueness of the city she calls home, "Maybe it's the river." Alice finally says after long moments of silence.

"Maybe we can study it." is offered after another length of silence. "With our two very unique viewpoints...." Alice trails off, because the Dragon was smart enough to follow her unspoken words.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

"Just so," the Daeva replies. "I will be sure to spice my nights with risk then." But who's risk? Why take the risks yourself when the same reward might be derived from positioning others such that they throw the dice...

Alice's hints are not missed. "Ah," that small exclamation says it all: Henri is interested. "Now, there's an offer of cooperation that I find very attractive. After all, something more than simple "friendship" is at stake here. Something that might prove more immediately useful. How long has it been since anyone's mapped the lines of this city? Vast, untapped potential could be present in the Domain, just waiting to be explored, harnessed. The prospect is enough to help him overlook the fact that he's dealing with an Acolyte here.

"However, in the spirit of full disclosure and cooperation, I must admit I am not very experienced in such an endeavor. Though," he adds, "I am a quick study." He pauses, studying her. "And you, Ms. Hart?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice had a feeling that any risks that Henri would take would be equal parts amusing to the watcher and horribly embarrassing to the suckers involved.

"See, stay a while, in the silence of a park and all sorts of interesting sounds can be heard." Maybe it was just the this conversation had been going but Alice was quite enjoying the vague way she was speaking, as well as the double meanings that threaded themselves into her words.

"Truthfully? I find myself in a very similar position to you." Alice admits with a nod, "And, much like yourself, I think it's safe to say that I'm a quick study." She had to be, with everything that has happened.

13. Likes unlimited sink liked this post

Henri's laugh is low and melodious in the quiet of the park. "Yes, very interesting indeed."

Not for the first time tonight, he studies the Priscus of the Haunts, intrigued by her strange composure. "Well then, we'll learn together it seems." Whatever that might mean...

"For now, though, I should be going. As the Good Doctor Matheson so aptly reminded us: the nights are always shorter than they should be."

She'll hear him stand, arrange himself, and then: "Bonsoir, Ms. Hart. I'll be in touch about our studies." If she does not stop him, Alice will hear his footsteps as Henri retreats into the darkness.

Figured we could get this one in the books and begin planning their little collaboration. Thanks for the fun!!

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice listens to Henri's melodious laugh, and wonders if she could replicate it.

"Leaning with someone is always better then doing it alone." Alice says, wondering what this collaboration would bring, and just what else the Blind Doll might learn from the Frenchman. "Different perspectives are a welcome thing."

"That's true enough. But it's nice to see the lengthening of the nights as the Winds turn colder." Hearing him stand, Alice offered him a small-though-too-wide smile in goodbye. "Have a pleasant remainder of your evening Monsieur Michaud."

The Blind Doll nods, too looking forward for their continued collaboration.

Aaaand Scene!
    This was fun! And yes! I cannot wait to see what sort of shenanigans Alice and Henri get up to!

16. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread