Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1610) Jacob and Myriam

THREADID

His feet obeyed a lazy rhythm as they crossed the floor of the Court. He took her to where his own Priscus had acknowledged him, a corner with a few couches; he did not wait for Myriam to sit down. Crossing his legs and clasping his hands Jacob looks to Myriam "Before we begin I'd like to discuss your letter." He pulls it carefully from his pocket, it had been folded into thirds and he presses it out on his leg. He looks up at her his face neutral, "and the Traditions." He proffered the letter, "you will notice your use of a title in the letter. Imagine if this was intercepted, by an intelligence agent or officer and they would probably write it off. But, if that same individual were to find another, similar letter. If someone were to disappear in an unfortunate feeding accident related to one of the people you contact with this title -- a corpse bled dry. That individual starts looking real hard at a weird religious title, a mention of a 'dark path'" He shrugged, "Suddenly we all have a cult investigation hanging over our heads, made all the more serious as there are hunters in Sacremento. Hunters that would understand exactly what a corpse drained without an injury on its body means."

He paused for a moment, "it was in all likelihood an innocent mistake. But, innocent mistakes that could breach the masquerade are weighty." His face retained neutrality as he looked at the Priest, wondering at her reaction.

"If you understand then we can continue." There was no malice in his tone, only caution. His skin was on the line as well after all.

2. Likes , unlimited sink liked this post
    S
    Silverfaun

Myriam's smile fades and her own mask of neutrality takes hold. She endures the lecture calmly and quietly, her gaze fixed upon Jacob's with a simple intensity. There wasn't a person alive, dead, or otherwise that enjoyed being spoken to like they were a child and the priest is no different. Still, she maintains her composure, hands clutched together tightly. If it weren't for the fact that she is deathly pale, a Kindred in their 'natural' state, it might be easy to notice how tightly those hands are clenched.

"It took significant effort to find out how to contact you in the first place, Priscus Maddox. I could not afford to be so vague that my... affiliations were unclear to you." The Shadow closes her eyes, collecting herself before opening them again. "I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you. I will strive to ensure that any further communication between us is more secure."

He frowned very slightly, "I do not wish to beat a dead horse. But, if you foresee not being able to afford the precautions that keep us out of the kine's limelight we will have a problem. In any case, there was no lasting harm, I hope, or inconvenience to me." He just hoped that laissez-faire attitude wouldn't get her in trouble, caution kept them alive. Even more worrying was that it seemed she apologized for appearance sake. He cocked his head to the left a couple degrees, "moving on."

"Aside from the three Traditions, the laws of the domain." He points without raising his hand to where they are posted, "are also enforced. A couple important notes: one, do not feed outside of the communal zone; two, do not feed on first responders or hospital employees. If you haven't read them, I would now. If you have already read them and have questions please ask away." He ended smiling softly.

S
    Silverfaun

"Priscus Maddox," Myriam replies in as conciliatory manner as she can, eager to move the conversation forward. "Yes, I am aware of the Traditions. Thank you for providing me with some more information about them. I will, of course, make sure to keep current with local customs and laws. Beyond that, no questions come immediately to mind. I know every domain has its own particular ways of handling things, so I am curious to know how I should go about receiving acknowledgement from the Prince."

"In our domain, the duty of acknowledgement is given to the clan's Priscus. As such, I have the power to acknowledge you." He left it unsaid that he also held the power to withhold acknowledgement. "To best sate your curiosity I would give another read over the laws. Finally, I ask if you have ever broken any of the traditions in the past?" It was the last question of note. Otherwise, the Shadow's success or failure in the domain largely rested on her own shoulders.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Before Myriam can respond, her phone rings and she excuses herself and leaves.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

8. Likes White liked this post
Closed Thread