Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Konrad calling the Bishop

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad's unsure of himself, of his next move, and Kenneth has always been there for him. Well, most of the time. And maybe a little spiritual advice couldn't hurt. Konrad didn't exactly have a Movement to turn to, and the Lance was like a second Covenant to him.

When or if the line connects, Konrad says. "Hey, Kenneth. It's Konrad. I've got a few problems I'm having over here. Think you could hear me out and tell me your thoughts. Just over the phone like. It's sort of urgent and I'm not comfortable moving around too much right now."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Away from the Reeve, Prince, and new Priscus, Kenneth received the phone call in private. Or at least as private as over the air communications could afford. This was his chance. Maybe the one chance he would have.

“Hello, Mr. Konrad.” Improper term of address. He hoped Konrad would understand what it meant. At once referring to the position he was referring but still a first name to show who it was really meant for.

“Miss Antinori and Katya have already explained… everything,” There was nothing more Konrad could add at this point. Would he notice the term he used for Alessandra? “To Mr. Clarke, Miss Stamford, and myself. Enough to their satisfaction.” Thiers, not his. “However, if you would like to tell the story from beginning to end, they are willing to set up a meeting. In fact, I'm afraid they may well insist.” He was skirting the edges now. Who else was listening? 'End', 'set up', 'afraid'; key words to what was really going on.

“Whether you like it or not. You need to move. Now.” The last word was a hiss through the phone. The worm's curse coming through in full force. It was a snake speaking on the other side. Rattling its tail in the hopes to drive away another predator. A friend and ally. It was a risk. Konrad hear beyond my words he desperately thought.

“Brother, do you understand?” Change the title, change the message. Did he understand? Please let him understand.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Before he even has the chance to explain anything, Kenneth has brought up the subject of his inquiry. How did he know? And why mention Clarke? Konrad feels his Beast stir and shift through his veins uncomfortably, nearly dropping the phone in the effort not to crush it. There's silence on the line as Konrad takes into account the implications.

His thoughts settle enough to formulate a response. "I understand. Thank you, Brother." There's more he wants to say, but the veiled speech leads him to believe Kenneth isn't alone.

Kenneth, the vile worm who everyone had steered clear of until Konrad had approached him last year, seeing the potential within. Their arrangement, an understanding that allowed them both to display their value to the Reeve. And a shared faith that linked them beyond Clan ties. His last ally had come through in a way he did not expect.

It could have gone a different way. For now his luck held out long enough to get through another night.

Closed Thread