Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 17
DISPLAYED
Stowing a Corpse

Apr 14, 2016 : Interested Parties
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

Plan B. The easy to suppress urge to sigh resurfaced once more. Kayta should already know this. “Plan B is to perform immediate data extraction and destruction on both the video and information.” Not the best plan. They’d have thirty seconds to a minute or less till a response was on them if the police were already there. Still, if neither Harding nor Roth were willing to extol how bad the situation was if they decided to move now, Kenneth would lay it out “I can do some committed research to computers on the ride. Attempt to override the Raging Wire firewalls and networks to destroy the evidence they have. Then do the same for the PD complex and evidence lockers for the video footage. Assuming Konrad can’t find a hacker willing to do the same while staying silent.” Not the best option, but those were limited and hard to come by at the moment.

“If not," Plan C "I can attempt to steal the tapes as they are transferred, using the touch of shadow and cloak. That will leave any digital copies potentially in the hands of civilians until the police notice the recordings are missing.” Again, not ideal.

“We have the uniform and ID I stole,” Gilroy indicated the shirt and card he had stolen “but the Curse will make it hard to get close on the presumption I’m a victim.” Even with the weak voice he was speaking in, the threat of betrayal lingered around the Haunt. In a perfect situation Konrad would get his hacker, but they couldn't depend on that. An answer was needed now.

He looked again for direction from his superiors on how they would act.

s
    sumthingpositiv

"Just to clarify, I hope by saying "making calls" that means you won't be returning to Raging Wire. I think that is wise, I'd much rather you spend time finding a way to erase the footage remotely. If you can't find someone in your contacts. I can try to see if there is someone in the domain who might have them instead." she says to Konrad. She sighs and says, "It's likely we're going to need to seek outside help depending on what they know." The Families' Savagery did more damage than good tonight, and the shadows could only help them so much.

Turning to Kenneth she says "Go ahead and try to listen in on what the police know if you are willing, and any names of witnesses and how the camera footage is actually stored, the more we know the better we can develop a plan to get it back. However, it's not worth you being spotted either, so use your best judgment. As for 'Plans B and C' as important as it is to wipe the files physically, going back to break in and physically destroy the evidence tonight is too risky and will more than likely lead into making things worse in terms of breaking the First. You yourself said with the cameras there your cloak will not hide you. Unless they sent two Barney Fife's to handle the case who are dumb enough to leave the footage in an unlocked car, just focus on getting intel." The unfortunate part was that this was still the beginning of a long cleanup.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"You manage that, Ken, and I'll owe you for it," adds Konrad to give further incentive to the Haunt Priscus. "But she's right, just do what you can and don't risk anything you can lose. If you see an opening, take it, otherwise just keep your ears and eyes open."

Konrad moves around to the back of his van and opens the cargo doors. "I'll just move Miss Hastings. Keep us posted, Ken."

"Katya, if you're going to be asking for help among our networks, you might check with Nell Cooper. She's one of Regan's and says she's pretty decent around computers. I've got her number if you want, or I can just call her if my contacts fall through."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth nodded to both his on his 'team'. The night had certainly not gone according to plan. Time continued to march on and every second ticked the breach wider and wider. How were they going to fix this all, he still wasn't sure.

He waited a few more moments for any final orders, then he prepared to leave.

We good to close?
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

s
    sumthingpositiv

"Go ahead and call her first if you find you'll need her expertise, I will need to speak with Priscus Regan on this matter before asking him about letting one of his Friends and Family help with this task now that circumstances have changed." they had Prisci on this evening, she didn't know how David would feel bringing in a new member of his clan into this now that Rhayna was involved.

"I will be speaking to Josephine as soon as I hear back from you Kenneth, it will be up to the both of you if you wish to be present. Once I know more about the fate of that security guard, you and I will need to discuss Miss Hastings as well Konrad. Good luck to both of you." she says as she offers a bow, waiting to see if either of them has anything else to add.

I'm good to close if you guys are

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad offers his thanks with an understanding nod, first to Katya then Kenneth. Adversity seems to have motivated them to a singular goal tonight, and they would all play a part in the result. He detests being in such a vulnerable position with so few options and angles. So close to the Harpy chair, and yet this had to happen. The Savage would rather not have to face the Reeve after this embarrassment.

He moves to Katya's SUV and opens the back, placing his hands on Brittany and using his Discipline to mask the body before moving it. Always a chance some random passerby might see a body being moved between cars. With her safely in his own van's windowless cargo space, he feels ready to move her through the Port's front gate.

ToS 1 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-10 09:09:04 Konrad Roth rolls 4 to use touch of shadow on Brit corpse [WIT+Larc+Obf-4(Size 5)] (1s Subtract) 1, 10, 8, 7 1 success
    Ready to close. Let's detail following actions in the Raging Wire OOC Thread

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Touch doesn't work on people, comatose/Torp'ed or not. Only when they're All The Way Dead(tm) and considered an Object. Cloaking another person requires Cloak the Gathering.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread