Ended
Watch

(1411) Mekhet Clan

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    P
    Pmcv

Samuel relaxed in his chair as the meeting seemed to get under way. Clearly this David Regan has some already strong thoughts on the Priscus, I wonder, how many around this circle share his concern? He watched as the Priscus handled the questioning fairly well, but what else would one expect from someone who's earned the title?

As the topic of Whip got brought up the Shadow briefly gazed around the room, trying to figure out who would step up. The Hierophant surely had his own covenant to worry about, and he doubted any of his fellow new arrivals would be elected for the position. He was a little surprised when the smaller Kindred Rina offered to be the whip. I was half expecting her not to speak up this entire meeting. But quickly followed by a complete lack of surprise when David offered himself for the position. As his cousin in blood continued, Samuel noted that David brought some seemingly legitimate concerns to this meeting.

Very content to sit back and enjoy this show growing between David and the Priscus, Samuel turned his gaze back to Daniella since he did not expect anymore of his clan to go for the position.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'Thank you Priscus, I'm glad to be here.' So far the pleasantries of the meeting. Now to business: a Whip. Not a new Priscus. Chris has no interest in the position, he has enough on his plate. And going from former Priscus to Whip is just awkward.

That said, he can still act like one.

'Well, Mr Regan is it? I may not have been present in the city at that time, but I've been here long enough to know that changing the Priscus has become a bad habit of Clan Mekhet. It's not good for our reputation, and as you can see, one of our most esteemed family members doesn't even bother showing up anymore.' It doesn't sound like he's blaming Erika. 'So either you don't care about that, or you really think that Priscus Sage has been neglecting her responsibilities. In any way, your claim would have been far more impressive if you just organized a meeting yourself. You could have even let the Harpy spread the message, I'm sure she would have been glad to.' Enough people heard the bitch fight at Court.

'But five months later, the Domain still stands, and I understand you have done nothing but wait for someone else to step up? Truly urgent then? Now we're all here to talk anyway.' He shrugs, and then he smiles nicely at everyone. They should feel free to continue, Chris is not going to make himself a Whip candidate, and he has nothing more to say. He just felt the need to make clear that he supports Daniella. New arrivals shouldn't get the wrong impression of their Priscus at the first meeting already.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

3. Likes Matamune, Orianna liked this post

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

As the conversation progresses, the slight smile Max had worn at the beginning of the meeting slowly fades. At first it diminishes to a look of neutral indifference. As the talk of Whips and political wranglings and deflections continue, however, it soon takes on a definite scowl.

The Dragon had learned early in his Requiem that everyone wore a mask. Some wore it to cover weakness. Some wore it to cover pain. Most wore it to conceal the monsters they had become. But whatever the reason, everyone wore a mask. And if you could break past that facade, you could see what truly lay beneath.

And Max prided himself on his ability to maintain his outer persona. It took quite a bit of bullshit to break through the easy-going, affable personality he presented to the world. It took even more to get an honest, emotional reaction out of the Mekhet. And right now? The bullshit was being carted in to the room by the cubic meter...

Finally, the dam breaks; and Max throws his hands up in absolute disgust. "Oh for fuck's sake. That's it, I'm done.

First off, let's cut this bullshit about needing a Whip. At this point, we don't even need a fucking Priscus. Why? Because we aren't a united Family. Hell, we aren't even a Clan. The only connection we all share is a great-great-to-fucking-infinity-grandsire somewhere, millennia ago. We're as related as a Welshman and an Aboriginal. And it's been that way since I first to this city; which was a hell of a lot longer than anyone else here tonight.

Now, as for whatever the fuck this is..."
    ,Max pauses a moment to point fingers at both Regan and Sage,"Allow me to try and explain. Several months ago, one of the Mekhet in the city, Aileen McFarlane, was murdered. How did this happen? Why did this happen? Who killed her? All very good questions, and I'd love to tell you all the answers. But here's the problem. I can't.

I.

Fucking.

Can't.

And why is that? It's the same reason we aren't a Clan. No one fucking talks to each other. Not the members of her Clan gathered here tonight. Not the member of the Ordo Dracul, of which she was a member. Not even the people who where there that night. Not one single-fucking-one of them has explained a GOD. DAMN. THING.

At this point, we aren't even Kindred anymore. We're fucking squirrels; guarding our precious little secrets. Coveting them, hiding them, storing them away where all the other Mekhet can't find them. Here's the problem: Lately, the universe has been replacing these delicious little nuggets with walnut-shaped packages of C4. And they've been blowing up all over the whole fucking city.

We have had Kindred meeting Final Death. We have had open attacks on the city's Covenants. We have, at this very moment, a subversive outside influence in the heart of the city; and no one has said a GOD. DAMN. THING.

Now, if you all want to keep playing kingmakers and nominating Whips and questioning Prisci, be my guest. I'll excuse myself and you can all play politics while the whole fucking city comes crashing down on top of us. Otherwise, I suggest we cut the political bullshit and start figuring out what the fuck is going on while we still have time..."

Somewhere in the middle of his rant, the thin Mekhet had stood up out of his chair; and his fangs had distended, likewise unnoticed. His anger and frustration finally vented, Max collapses back into his chair; looking to the other Kindred and awaiting their response.

Nice speech. You do realize we're probably dead now, right?
    Ehh, it was worth it...

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

I'd like to make an OOC statement here that Team Crimson asked Daniella Sage to name a whip, so there wouldn't be a leadership vacuum (Acknowledgments, etc) in case of an absence. So, please temper IC judgment with OOC understanding on this small point
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

6. Likes Matamune liked this post

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

At Max’s outburst, she places her hands on the table and stands, having reached her limit.

“First of Mr. Regan, if you are finished with the smear campaign,” she replies, “You did mention wanting the Family to meet again to address a matter. But you did not call me to let me know the severity of the matter, nor the urgency. Was five months too long to wait for a meeting, yes. But in all fairness, I cannot know how important a matter is to you, or anyone else here if no one uses their words to express it.”

Her eyes then move to Max, “I agree with you Mr. Heinz, we need to be united as a Family. And that was one of my goals, which I mentioned, when I became Priscus. I want to unite us, I want us to come together as a Family and work together. But we cannot do that with finger pointing or placing blame on others.”

Her tone then softens, “The loss of Miss McFarlane was a painful blow to our Family and the Domain as a whole. She was a valued member of both, and I too, would like answers. But, like you have pointed out, it is hard to gather answers when no one talks or shares information on what is going on. The only information I have on what happened was that she was looking into something for the Domain. What I would like to see happen is that anyone with knowledge and information on any matters share it and we work as a Family with the Reeve’s office to bring down whomever brought our Cousin her Final Death to justice.” There was an edge to her voice.

“Second, I did not know there had been any attacks on the city’s Covenants. With this now known, I would like to offer my assistance to get it addressed.” Her words were sincere, and she slowly lowers herself back into her chair.

“With that being said, those of you with details about either the loss of our dear Cousin, or the attacks on the Covenants are expected to step forward and share. We are a Family known for keeping secrets, and like Mr. Heinz said, keeping those secrets is causing more harm than good. We cannot work as a team or a Family if we are not open with each other. And it stops,” eyes move to each present, “tonight. A Family divided cannot survive or succeed.” Her tone was soft. “Now, lets figure this out.”
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

8. Likes Psychangel, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

As Max spoke, Rina began to positively vibrate with rage. How dare this little, insignificant shite of a thing violate the meeting like that? It was bad enough that people were interrupting what had already been established as an itinerary for insignificant mud-slinging, but for one to get in the way of things happening simply because he wanted to complain about things that had already happened? Did he think the meeting existed so he could voice his complaints in the middle of actual things happening? There was a time for that, set aside, at the end. Or there should be in. In either case, the discussion about the selection of a Whip was the furthest moment from it.

Rina glared at Max, barely restraining herself from lashing out and jumping across the table to tear him apart for his crimes against the principles of Order that had been set up ages before, in a time he could probably only conceptualize about. But, she considered the ramifications of lashing out. Especially now, that the Priscus had decided to be calm and not beat the rebel into submission. A mistake. Rebellion and dissent had to be squashed before it could fester and act. It was Ruling a Group Rule #1, from what Rina remembered. But they had to show a unified front, as little as the Asp wanted to. She carefully bottled up her hate, saving it for a later time, when she could let it out without herself violating Order. Instead, she turned to Daniella nodding in agreement with her, and held her tongue. If she opened her mouth, she was sure, her anger would spill out and she wouldn't be able to stop it. Better to stay silent.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

T
    Talmheck

Nogushi took in every word, honestly surprised at the...emotion displayed by one Mr. Heinz. Either he was terrified of some implications of this lack of unity or he truly cared for the now deceased kindred mentioned before.

"If it would please the family, I would like to make an offer as a show of good faith. Should Mr. Heinz be willing to supply me with a short list of names I would be more than willing to allocate my time to investigating the Final Death of Aileen McFarlane and share the information discovered with our fellow Mekhet."

These meetings were definitely more interesting than the ones from back home in Atlanta, to say the least.

The Mexican woman had posed a question…

It remained unanswered amidst the commotion that ensued. The young looking Shadow waited patiently, her eyes were looking to the thin line of vanilla scented smoke that came out of her e-cigarette, apparently lost in thought, or maybe trying to avoid making others notice her growing exasperation.

She had to be acknowledged by the Priscus, no matter how irrelevant for her Requiem the current discussion was, no matter how weak her Priscus came across…

But when Max Heinz fangs distended there was a silent change in attitude. Gray eyes scanned the surroundings in a split second, the cylinder shape in her hand was now held in a slightly different way. She focused on the man, not on his words or on his message, just on his hands, his eyes, his mouth, his movements. Waiting for any telltale sign of wassail, of violence. She would react.

When he stopped the eyes moved to the rest, maybe one of the others would initiate violence?

”Shit!” She muttered between teeth.

Madre I just want to get acknowledged!

C
    Casitive

David is rather stoic as he weathers the Hierophant's retort, but it is Max's rant that garners David's undivided attention. The Libitinarius takes in a breath he doesn't need, the general motion the only real sign that the man is considering where and how he can and should start. But first thing is first however, and as a simple response to Daniella, David reminds, “A smear campaign is predicated on lies. Since most of the information is with Seneschal Villiers to explain, as you know from the original invitation, it is the Priscus' responsibility to make sure we are all informed.

A pause, as David returns his attention towards Max. “I will explain what I know as I was there when Aïleen,” warmth suffuses David's tone as he speaks her name, “met her end. I will try to explain what little I know of two ongoing investigations.

The Dragon wearing blue-chambray, a color that is signifigant given he still claims membership in the Order explains, “First, an Investigation that predates my more than a year of residence. There are quite a few parts and from what little I've had explained to me, involves the deaths of two other Kindred, a former tyrannical prince, a fairy-tale book, a steel puzzle-box, and a Torpid Elder.” Unchained as he is from the main Chapter, the Mekhet doesn't see the point of keeping this investigation as quiet as Martha has. It is all in an attempt to get to the weed David seeks. The Shadow pauses as he considers the phrasing of the next part, “Given my Heritage as a childe of the Libitinarius, I was brought into the investigation to examine the torpid elder soon after my arrival. The puzzle box itself, took quite a bit of time to attempt to understand even a fraction of its use.

Another pause, collecting his thoughts, “The night I performed a visual, surface autopsy on the Torpid Elder; Aïleen had custody of the Puzzle Box. The surface autopsy was illuminating, showing that everything that decorated the torpid elder is little more than field kabuki – a way for the agents working against the Domain to transport it here. Something that Aïleen and Mr. McCann thwarted some time ago. My findings are concurrent with a Caucazoid woman. That same night, Aïleen was called to the side of one of these agents.” A mournful tone sneaks in to David's voice, lingering just outside of syllables, “Deputy French and myself attempted to intercept but were seconds too late. I only know the woman by her motorcycle and black leathers. As to the whys and the hows, I'm afraid those answers lie with others. I've been searching for Aïleen's killer since.

Lapsing into silence, David attends to the second, “The other, that Mr. Heinz has touched on, is a group that Madame Yui,” a nod towards her, giving her credit, “has also contacted me about. The Society of Penelope which is currently based in Folsom. They attacked the Order's Chapter House in Florin mid-last Summer, using veterans, weaponized ghosts from an Ur-Civilization, and a strange woman – named Servant.” A note of silence drops here as David inclines his head towards the Asp, “Recently, Madame Yui and Father Galilei of the Lancea et Sanctum asked me to assist them with an investigation that just so happens to be attributed to the Society.

I have met their leader, a Hierophant Vanderboek. Potentially, he is a former soldier himself who suffered an injury that might have been the end of his career. He leads the Society and is well-funded and has an international presence. This is a front for the Secret operations of their Society, including murder and destruction of antiquities. It is my opinion that they are bent on removing any competitors for Occult Secrets.

David quiets, still uncomfortable with holding the floor for so long. But his goal of fulfilling a promise to a woman in black, supersedes any desire to hide.

P
    Pmcv

Samuel turned towards the Hierophant, listing as the Crone's Child effectively scolds David as if he were a spoiled child. I guess that settles the question of his thoughts on the matter, I wonder how old he is? I would not like to be on his bad side. As the weight and meaning of Chris's words finally settled into Samuel heads a new voice of passion spoke up.

Max's speech left Samuel's mouth agape, he quickly tried to compose himself, but the shock of such an outburst... this was not what he had expected from this clan meeting. The death of a fellow Kindred, that is a pain that I know all too well. As Max continues, Samuel realizes that if conditions are even half as bad as this speech implies his friends in New York did not prepare him properly for his time here in Sacramento.

As the tension in the room grows, and fangs get let out, instinct almost overrides Samuel's control, his blood trying to make him vanish from sight. Luckily, his speech done, Max resumes a far less threatening posture.

Samuel listened with full attention as the Priscus responded to this outburst, knowing he was still only getting half of the story of what ever happened to this Kindred Miss McFarlane. It seemed that no matter what plans the Priscus had before the tone for the meeting had now been set, the question was could she keep them focused long enough for something good to come from it.

David's follow up held Samuel's full attention as he tried to piece together what his fellow Shadow was sharing with the group.

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread