Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
(C Tears) Midnight in the Garden of Bloo

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Peter is certain what the large machine is.

It's obvious.

It's a dead man's switch.

A bomb.

He'd already used an hour destroying cameras and moving bodies. How long did he have?!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

As Galloway re-entered, Baldwin stepped back quickly from the bomb. "Mister Galloway," he said quietly, calmly, with an edge in his voice that suggested they had all manner of problems. "That is a bomb." He nodded to the device. "Unless you are skilled with explosive devices, we need to spread the gas, light it up, and leave immediately."

His life for the Masquerade, of course - any Kindred faced with a breach such as this was expected to die rather than leave it open. But he had his accelerant, and they had vehicles. What he did not have was a match. Or a lighter. He looked about, popping into the closet to check the pockets of the dead fellow, who he pulled out and placed in the area where the accelerant was going to be concentrated. He didn't need the whole place to go up, just the evidence of the breach of the Masquerade. "Do you have any matches or a lighter?"

Katsuro Tomori

"Certainly, for my pipe tobacco." he said reaching into his pockets and pulling out a box of matches. He was in fact not skilled with explosive devices, and had an inquisitive eyebrow raised as he passed over the matches and large can of gasoline.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin accepted the box and the can. "Thank you, sir. Prepare the vehicles such that we are able to leave quickly and safely. Keys in the ignition, engines on." He produced a piece of paper and wrote down an address. It was Jennifer Hazelton's flower shop. It would do for the moment. They needed a place to regroup. He offered it to Galloway. "When we leave, please take the van with the person in it to that area. It is a place I have permission to use. Find somewhere quiet to wait nearby. I will phone you when I am there. First, I must secure our third."

Hazelton needed to be safe. His home would do, for the moment. He could tend to her there.

"Any questions? I'd like you to be away from here before the fire begins, for your safety, sir."

Katsuro Tomori

"Certainly certainly, I'm familiar with the location." he said reassuringly holding up the flower shop address. He set about doing as he was told, making sure the car vehicles were where directed and then unless asked anything more he was heading out to the van and driving away to the meeting spot.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin nodded, glad that the Ventrue was good at following directions. He secured his fudge sample and the needles and pipes. Then, he took a moment before lighting the place up to look over the device. Were there any identifying markers on this bomb? Knowing where it was made could be helpful... good Lord, he didn't have long...

That was all the time he dared.

Baldwin's plan for spreading the gas is to snake it around, pour a bunch on the body, some on the walls, then make a trail back out the door like a snake. He wants the last bit to be just outside so he can flick a match at the trail and have it burn its way into the building - so he can be safe. Do you need any rolls for that, or is that straightforward enough? I'll make a post doing it next.

2 sux to PER any identifying markers on the device
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-25 22:25:01 Sir Baldwin rolls 6 to PER (10 Again) 4, 6, 10, 4, 4, 2, 8 2 successes

P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin took the dead chef's wallet, ID and anything else interesting out of his pockets. Checked to make sure Galloway did his job right and left the car in a safe spot. Then, knowing time was of the essence, the Knight set to setting the place up to burn. Gasoline on the body. Gasoline on the walls. A trail of gasoline back, back, back to the door, with just a little tail to the door...

It took a few minutes. The bomb didn't go off. Fantastic. Time to toss a match...

Flick. WHOOOOMPH!

He thought he'd be fine. Turned out, his Beast didn't stand a chance against that inferno. For the second time that night, Peter jogged.

Running past the car. Running through the overpass. Running, running, running. Maybe he'd see the trains again?

Fear frenzyyyyyy

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

August Galloway leaves with the straitjacketed person.

The building burns.

For the second time that night, Peter runs.

...and the cold, Torpid body of Jennifer Hazelton watches the building burn from the abandoned car.

Scene Ends
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

10. Likes Jaqen, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread