Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Whatever possible answers Ciara was expecting from Zach, the idea of a central fortification certainly wasn't one of them. In fact the proposal sounded almost Carthian in nature. If anything, she had expected every Invictus to invest in a personal security system as she had.

It also reminded her of the air raid shelters that had been set up all over England during the Blitz. She was thankful she had the luxury of passing the war in her Father's Estate out in the country, far away from anything that was worth the Luftwaffe's attention...

"If I understand you, Soldier Griffiths, you're proposing a sort of city Panic Room, are you not? It's certainly an interesting idea, one that I have not heard mentioned before. My only concern would be with stocking it as an Armory. Given the recent events in the mortal world, a large collection of armaments; especially here in California, might drawl unwanted attention to the site.

But on the whole, I think the idea has merit. Tell me, would it be a place for all the members of the city, or would it be reserved for those of the First Estate and those appointed to protect the city?"

Given the way some Unconquered viewed those outside the Covenant, Zach's desires could run in either direction; from protecting the entire Kindred population to simply those Kindred of Quality. And she didn't think the Reeve would get behind the idea of protecting a building that members of his congregation wouldn't be allowed to use...
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2
    (quietly stares, speaks calmly)

Zach smiles and responds to the Lady's question.

"While recent events have indeed increased the mortal concern for weapons, there's no way for them to stop us arming ourselves if we buy, or better yet, steal manufacture equipment, and the designs for any weapons we want. With the proper facilities, we can build our own weapons, completely off the grid. No serial numbers to remove, no paper trail for bureaucrats to keep, no ballistics records for forensics officers to use against us. Most weapons nowadays are designed by teams of engineers, and the designs are kept on servers in research facilities that are poorly guarded. Stealing the manufacture tools would be harder, but the solution is simple, since those are also designed. Steal those designs, and then steal the raw materials, and we have ourselves our own arms plant. If the mortals build a new or fantastic weapon, we simply steal the designs before it's built, and build our own. In this way, we will always be ahead in the mortal arms race, as well as keeping ourselves well stocked and defendable."

And for the Lady's second question, Zach has an answer as well.

"There's no reason it can't be both. We could keep a sanctum for The Covenant at large, and one for each of the others, or we could let out space for boons to individual members of the domain. Something akin to a survival shelter that is paid for in boons and service to the domain. Private quarters for those wealthy or powerful enough to obtain, communal quarters extended as a gift from His Grace to all, with options to upgrade at a price. If the Covenant Heads or Prisci wish to have quarters and rooms for their respective bodies, they pay the price. Brilliant idea! I'm glad you thought of it."

Zach looks to the other two Kindred, seeing if they have anything to say.
    Zach Griffiths Invictus Gangrel
    BP 1 Presence 2 (quiet and calm)
    [Center]"Zachary speaking" [I][COLOR="#009900"]Zachary thinking[????????
    Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes, and by fulfilling them. - Henri Frederic Amiel

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

48 hour nudge
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich continues to sit patient and quiet.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Ciara listens intently to Zach's reply, resisting the urge to shake her head. She was pretty sure someone stealing weapons designs would raise a major red flag among the authorities, but if Zach wanted to try, more power to him.

Once he was finished, she nods her head at the praise from Griffiths; then turns to address both of the other Kindred. "Very well, gentlemen. I've asked for explanations of your intentions, and you've provided them. And I have been asked to provide you with assistance, which I will, in return for similiar considerations from you both in the future...

If you can get permission from His Grace."
    The Priscus turns to Zach once more as she adds the last little bit. She then turns her attention back to Erich.

"As for your plans, Speaker Passions, I possess contacts within the judicial, governmental, media, and financial sectors that may prove advantageous to you should you feel need to make use of them. Since the Prince has approved your proposal, you simply need to provide me with a list of your goals and I will do my best to aid you in achieving them..."

Ciara then pauses, letting both men digest her words before continuing. "Does that sound equitable, gentlemen?"
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2
    (quietly stares, speaks calmly)

Zach nods his understanding, confirming Ciara's words. No point in building something that's not the best, right?

"Thank you for your time and considerations, Madam. I will of course be willing to aid you in any future endeavors in return." Zach offers the respectful bow, and again ponders over ideas.
    Zach Griffiths Invictus Gangrel
    BP 1 Presence 2 (quiet and calm)
    [Center]"Zachary speaking" [I][COLOR="#009900"]Zachary thinking[????????
    Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes, and by fulfilling them. - Henri Frederic Amiel

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread