Ended
Watch

Alvin Ailey Dance Show

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Miach

PRE

"I have the radio up while I drive, but I'm not really listening to it, it's just... there..." Miach said while shrugging. "It's possible I've heard dozens of new artists, and I can't remember it."

When she started singing low, her interpretation of Bohemian Rhapsody was so... intense... that Miach couldn't help but be stirred into trying to follow her lead, and tapping his feet on the ground to the rythm.

"Mama, just killed a man
    Put a gun against his head
    Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
    Mama, life had just begun
    But now I've gone and thrown it all away
    Mama, ooo
    Didn't mean to make you cry
    If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
    Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters"

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-23 11:34:31 Miach rolls 4 to Pre 3 + Expression 1 (10 Again) 1, 9, 8, 3 2 successes

Catherine laughed when he stopped singing. Not at him, but at the sheer absurdity of the situation.

At least you have heard of that song, that is a start.” she clapped politely at the singing. “I would continue, but I think we might be distracting those around us.

The bard gave a barely perceptible head tilt, and used it to change the subject.

So you are from Sacramento then?
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Miach

PRE

Miach looked around to see that they had indeed gathered more attention than he was comfortable with, given the circumstances. He was not one to so easily blush though, and smiled abroad, seemingly unfazed. But he spoke back to the lady in a quieter voice.

"Ooppss..." though he didn't seem to mean it much. Perhaps it was the wink that gave it away...

"I'm not from Sacramento proper, being born in LA. I just came here on a job opportunity. What about you, then ?"

Catherine raised an eyebrow at Jonathan, and determined that he wasn’t afraid to get noticed. She figured if the woman who had encouraged him to go to a dance performance, either liked dance, or new he was secretly also a fan...or gay.

Which in her opinion would make everything that much more awkward if she tried to hit on him. Considering that was easier than saying ‘want to get a bite to eat.’ and meaning ‘want to be a bite to eat.’

Cat grinned at his coy use of suggestive body language. “From all over, one could say I was born in the back of a car.” That was true enough. She had never actually seen her own birth certificate.

I move frequently,

If by frequently you mean every decade or so.

Miach

PRE

Even though she kept on with her play of the mysterious woman, Miach thought she was being truthful. He wanted to believe it, at least, and not that it was only vain wordcraft for an empty charade.

"I used to move too, a few years back. I'm settling in here, now. It's an... interesting... city." he said with a smile, his eyes looking around at the Mondavi Center's shiny appearance. Nice building. Toren would love it, I think.

The Acanthus then gave the unknown lady another look of appraisal. From her eyes to her silver chain necklace. From the necklace to the details of her blue robe. From the robe to her silver shoes. Classy. Nothing stood out, and he felt relatively safe. But still... One shooting had been enough, and he wondered if he shouldn't do some willworking to be on the safe side.

Catherine nodded. “Sacramento county has plenty of interesting cities.

The statement was in agreement. “Perhaps that means that we might see each other again in the midst of the tens of thousands of people.” She decided the man was just too...stiff, for feeding. Not her particular flavor at the moment, but then he didn’t know what he was missing.

And he didn’t know she had been planning it so that was good enough for her.

She grinned again, before glancing at a clock on a wall. “They will be calling us to our seats any minute now.

ooc

Miach

PRE

Looking at the clock, Miach could only agree. The evening had started well, with a pleasurable chance meeting, so he hoped it would be a good omen for the remainder of it. "It seems so, yes. I look forward to it." Whether he meant the show, or seeing her again, was anyone's best guess.

OOC

Good.

And just after her words an announcement went through those gathered to find their seats, as the show was about to begin.

I wonder where your library acquaintance went, I would have given him my old seats.” she whispered before she began heading in to watch the show.

End Scene

L
    LoneRanger

end scene

Mr. Rossi enters the theatre where he enjoyd the rest of the evening

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread