11 - 18
DISPLAYED
(1301) Aileen & Arnold

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Arnold did not think much of the answer, unless the small revelation that Aileen was more comfortable with the known than unknown was of any value. Given that most were, it was not. It simply inferred that Heinz had not abused her in some way.

"I came out of curiosity," Culler answered, selecting the last option of her original question.

Certainly, there were many facets to his curiosity, but he was satisfied that his answer was as complete and informative as her own had been. Thus, the agreement was met in equal value.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

It was frustrating talking to that wall of a man, in more than one way. Well, what had she been expecting, really ? At least, he hadn't come to support anyone, so any preference he may have were not strong ones.

I see... well, she didn't, not really, but what else could she say, honestly ?

Do you have a next question, then, M.Culler ? it seemed that if they were playing tag-questioning, it was the giant's turn now.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The fedora tilted to the side; a thoughtful pose, as he considered the question.

"Yes. Why did you choose to speak with me first?"

She didn't really strike him as a Size Queen.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

That question wasn't much of a give-away, so Aïleen answered truthfully. Truthfully, not fully.

I have come to Sacramento to meet people, so I did exactly that. There were only you and Regent Brady, whom I already know, when I entered. she smiled, trying to be pleasant. M.Culler wasn't unpleasant, after all, merely blunt.

Is it odd that people would talk to you voluntarily ? it was after all in the spirit of his question.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"For various meanings of 'odd', yes."

The giant moved slightly, turning his attention to Erika when Aileen mentioned her, then back to Aileen. Aside from the Prince's Archon, Erika and he might be the longest residents of the Domain. The number that had survived the Lost Nights could now be counted on a single hand.

"What do you expect to have accomplished by meeting me?"

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

To get to know the Domain and its inhabitants better, mostly. I may live here for a long time, after all. and get closer to the source of my Nightmares, to put an end to it, perhaps... she answered with her demure smile.

In which vicinity could I expect to meet you again, M.Culler ? she kept on. Of course, it could be understood exactly as the opposite "where should I not go to avoid you ?, but it seemed a sincere question. Unless he be a skilled actor, Aïleen didn't think someone with a character such as he would be devious enough to haunt people from afar for days on end.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

There was the briefest sound, a mixture between an rumble and a hum. It was a amusement.

"Court."

The simple fact was, Culler did not expect to find Aileen anywhere that he went. Thus, there could only be one answer: where she had already met him. Still, she should be careful with her words; another might take it for an invitation, and be quite perturbed if it were not.

He shifted as the Prince spoke, giving the upcoming proceedings his attention.

There was a pause, then a softer rumble that would not interrupt.

"Good evening, Miss McFarlane. It was a pleasure speaking with you."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aïleen was quite surprised by the sound coming from the darkness where should be a mouth, but took it in stride, as well as the answer, which was informative on its own. The proceedings then started, and she was glad he would follow the rules, and focus on the oncoming debate.

Good evening, M.Culler. Pleasure was mine. and she nodded in thanks once more. She would have to think about the man further though, for he was remarkable in many respects.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread