Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Size: 6
    Health: 8

PRE

John chuckled, still cupping Sasha's hands in his own, finding the touch of her skin comforting. "I think I've been adapting for most of the evening, Sasha. But...yes...I think I am adapting to the circumstances," he said before correcting himself.

"I mean, we. I'd like it if we were adapting, maybe to coffee?"

Because, even if he was a stubborn fool, his flesh had started to goosebump without his jacket. Besides, he once watched a movie where the couple went for coffee and talked some more. It seemed the right thing to do.

"Or we could head back to the charity and try some more dancing if you'd prefer?"

S
    Sasha

If it weren’t for the chill in the air, or other factors, L’aire could have probably stood there with John all night. “I think you’re doing just fine.” The Fairest said complementary to his words.

Then John said we. Maybe it wasn’t crazy after all. The Dancer wished her thoughts and nerves would relax, but this whole situation took her by surprise. She too was adapting. Well, to some things, she thought. L’aire slipped her hands from beneath his and ran her hands over his forearms. Her fingers moved over his scars on either one. The Fairest only looked at him briefly but still wasn’t the time for her to ask. “Yes, coffee would keep us both warm. I really feel ridiculous for going out without a coat.” She laughed gently.

“Yeah something physical would warm us both up too.” L’aire mentioned as he mentioned the bike show thing. “Dancing at the charity.” She looked up to him again, in slightly closer proximity as her hands tried to softly move over his arms for warmth. “Which ever you’d like I’d be fine with.”

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Gauru

Urshul

PRE

As Sasha's hands ran over his scarred forearms, John didn't flinch, which should have been unusual. This was the first time anyone had actually felt the ritual scars, and John was actually allowing them to do so.

"How about both?"
    he suggested, still smiling. "We could head back to the party and then grab a coffee a bit later, that is unless you need to be up early for work or anything?" the chaplain added quickly, not wishing to sound too....irresponsible.

S
    Sasha

“Both.” L’aire said without hesitation and maybe too fast. “No, my classes aren’t till later tomorrow.” She said while her eyes looked away in thought to recall for a moment. “I don’t mind pulling an all nighter, John. We only live once, hm?” Her smile may have been happy as she agreed with his compromise, but there was something that passed through her eyes.

L’aire’s hands were still on the sweet man’s arms and she felt the chill. The Dancer suddenly realized John should have his jacket before they headed to the bike show. “Oh, hey you should probably have this while we head back.” She began to pull one arm out. “You’ll be at the wind.” She also wondered about that guy John was standing next to when she arrived. No, no, not gay. Unless that other guy was, this could be awkward.

The Fairest could probably never compare to the selflessness that John probably had done in his life. L’aire already began realizing things in John that she admired.

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Trained Observer
    Status (Police) 1
    Dalu

Gauru

Urshul

PRE

The moment Sasha began to remove the jacket, John leaned across to stop her, and pull it back across her shoulder. "Sasha, its fine, you can keep it on," he smiled without any thought to himself. It was only the wind, after all. Taking hold of Sasha's hand, and placing it in his arm, John continued to smile as he walked slowly back past the locked gates of the Fort and towards where they had left his trike.

"I will, however, ask that you hug me tight on the way back. You know, to conserve body heat."

S
    Sasha

Who said chivalry was dead?

Nodding she grinned “Okay, thank you John.” L’aire couldn’t believe a lot of how the night was going. It was almost too perfect. She kept waiting for something to go askew. She could say something stupid at anytime. The Fairest had ticked off Danny by switching things around. Although that felt like the blind leading the blind anytime they spoke.

Of course this is similar to how it all began with Lorenzo. The womanizer extraordinaire that hooked her with all his flattery and charms.

The Dancer walked beside John, occasionally glancing to him. She laughed gently and added. “I don’t think body heat exchange would be a problem.” Chuckling again she shook her head. “Hugging you that is.” With a deliberate pause and a sweetened look in her eyes she added. “Tightly…” As her eyes flashed and held to John’s an extra moment while they walked.

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Trained Observer
    Status (Police) 1
    Dalu

Gauru

Urshul

PRE

John could feel his cheeks redden slightly, the first time that evening yet managed to hold Sasha's lingering gaze, a gaze he could look into until the city burned. Taking a breath, John smiled. "Well, we wouldn't want you to fall off, Sasha? Tightly is probably for the best."

Reaching the trike once more, John took hold of Sasha's hand and helped her onto the pillion seat before taking his own seat behind the handlebars and starting the engine, its noise shattering the silence around them. He turned to look over his shoulder at Sasha, once again making sure to get a full view of her violet eyes. "Sitting comfortably?"

S
    Sasha

Again she was reminded by John’s words that when they first started, she didn’t care if she fell off or whatever may had happened. It was simple moments like this that changed one’s way of thinking, immensely. Laughing she grinned. “Hmmm probably not.” L’aire winked to him, and saw color in his cheeks.

The Fairest breathed in slightly, almost unprepared for the sudden noise.

This time, her body was not adverse to being near him. L’aire’s legs moved in line with his more than the had before. John’s jacket was unzipped as she moved against his back remembering his note about body warmth and smirking. Nodding to him while meeting his eyes, she spoke up a little. “Yes… I believe I am. Whenever you’re ready.” L’aire’s hands moved in a slow stride from the side of John’s ribs around to his stomach and encompassed him a little tighter than their journey to the Fort. She was indeed, comfortable.

We can fast forward, or keep going. Entirely your call.

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Trained Observer
    Status (Police) 1
    Dalu

Gauru

Urshul

PRE

With a final look into Sasha's eyes, John grinned as he faced forward. With a gentle twist of the throttle, he began to ride the pair of them back to where they started this rather interesting, and wholly unexpected evening.

And it had been one of the best evenings of John's life.

End Scene. Rejoining the Party.

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread