Ended
Watch
21 - 26
DISPLAYED
The Laundry Room

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    t
    theblackhermit

"Oh!" Jan squeeked as the lights flickered. "Dammit." She glanced at Em "I need a drink," and then laughed wearily.

Emily remained silent during all of January's report, but while she was arguing with herself whether to believe this story or not she kept a friendly face. She just wanted to tell Jan that dreams meant nothing, even when one has them in a haunted house, but as she opened her mouth the lights flickered - just like the last time.

She wanted to laugh it off, to joke about her telling the landlord, but her mouth was too dry to speak right now. Her face now was only a parody of the 'everything's gonna be okay, girl'-face she had a minute ago. "Fuck.."
    Emily looked at the washing machine - this load will be done soon. On the one hand she had some more clothes to wash, but the idea of having a drink - hell, of smoking a jay - was too good to pass up. She fumbled with the clothes in her basket, anxious to find the buried pack of cigarettes, while she talked. "You know what? That's a great idea. Maybe I can get Seth to finish this for me and we can get something to calm us down." Finally she found it; her shaking hands barely got a spliff out of the packet without spilling all the other ones. She lighted it up and after a few draws she offered it to January. "This does the trick for now, but I would happily get out of here and have a drink.. maye talk this out.." She was right, she seemingly calmed down, the shaking ceased. Whether it were the drugs working their magic or the effects of a addiction satisfied wasn't exactly clear, but Em didn't really care right now. The laughter or disbelief Jan expected didn't come, but maybe a little scepticism would've helped to shake off the belief.

t
    theblackhermit

Em's outburst made Jan's mind up immediately. Something was defectively going bad in the place.
    She brushed her hair back out of her face and nodded. There was no more talking about how she was tired and working too hard. Once she'd blurted it out it was in the open and for everyone to see. There was no backing away from it. em's sudden shakes were all she needed to agree to damn near anything as long as it took her up out od the damn basement and away from the apartment.
    "Oh yeah, sounds good to me." Goose flesh rose along the backs of her arms as she stopped the washer by lifting the lid. Reaching down into the suds she pulled her clothes out and simply dumped them dripping into the basket before dumping the rest of the piles on top.
    "Let me change. Meet you out front. Im the pale blue Camry with the UK front tag," she said, dropping the book back into the basket and hauling it off the table.
    She put every once of willpower she could muster not to fly up the stairs. Instead at the top she stopped and held the door open for Em.

Emily took a few deep draws and after that a few deep breaths - good. She almost regretted her precipitous reaction and leaving the laundry room head over heels wasn't her style - but maybe it were just the drugs taking over. She stepped the the foot of the stairs and called up. "I just dump the wet clothes into the dryer and talk to Seth. Let's meet outside." After a second remembering Jan's scared face she added "Or stay here with me until I'm done, your call."

The marijuana calmed her down and her thinking seemed somewhat clearer - she was never the type to lay in a corner giggling after smoking a spliff - so she finished stuffing Seth's and Jenn's black clothes into the dryer, started it and made her way up the stairs. "Noone's going to steal the clothes until Seth gets down here.." she muttered as she took the stairs, step by step, trying to stay calm.
    She did a pretty good job, actually, as long as she didn't think of any other kinds of renters.

t
    theblackhermit

As Em passed her Jan stepped out of the arc of the door and let it bang closed.
    "Sorry," Jan apologized. "Little too much creepiness for me down there. Plus, Im not washing my boyfriend's clothes so I can just dump my stuff and come back later...like tomorrow." She grinned half heartedly and followed Em to the stairs.

"I wont be long. Just wanna get out of these old things," she said stretching one leg out awkwardly, indicating the denim shorts.

Once back in her own place Jan dumped her clothes in her room and stripped out of the tank and the shorts hastily.
    She wanted to get out of the apartments for a good long while. Em seemed like a good person, if a bit quirky and Jan was looking forward to getting to know her better. Getting sloshed was optional.

Quirky says the ghost girl. Oh yeah babe, check the hypocrisy in the mirror on the way out, k?

Pulling on a thin, low cut royal purple blouse and black skirt, Jan pulled her hair back away form her face, pinned it in place and then examined herself in the mirror.

Frowning she removed the pins and shook her hair back out.
    Marty had always hated when she pulled her hair back.

Wonder what Em would like?

The thought, sudden, and complete, came out of nowhere and caused Jan to look at herself like she was seeing someone entirely new. A wave of heat turned the faint freckles on her cheeks bright red.

She let her hair go. She slipped the small silver crucifix her aunt had given her around her neck and nestled the delicate symbol between her breasts. Pausing one final time to look in the mirror she shook her head and removed the chain.

Dont want Em to think Im a prude.
    Prude?! Hell youre lucky she doesnt think youre a nut job!

The blouse was tight against her body and displayed her curves rather well. Its low neckline also put a generous portion of bosom on display and she grabbed a jacket just in case they were out late and it turned cool.

As she headed back for the door, snatching her purse from her dresser, some small part of her clicked into reality for a moment and she pulled free her cell phone.

Typing quickly she let Kel and Amber know she was headed out for drinks with a friend and to not wait up and then dialed a local taxi service for her and Em as she shut the door and locked it.

Pick a place to go and start a new thread for Em and Jan going out.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3