Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Ghosts Spirits and Grenades Oh My

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Inside the Circle

The Ghost’s eyes track over the mage and he raises a see-through eyebrow on his intangible face before he shook his head and shrugged before touching the herald in the head and giving her a smile. You’ll do fine.

Steve looks over at the man in the room, and nods at him as well; perhaps there is something a little more in his smile. After a quick look around the sanctuary, the ghostly-guardian looks at the door before drawing in what could have passed for a breath..

( Kelreth Ariadne Shouldabeenadog Rose Hearst )

Outside the Circle

The cabbie takes the cash with a glare at the roughly spoken customer. When the Hearse drives up her opens his mouth as if to say something before a glance at the body causes him to drive off without a word in response.

With the Cab gone both mages can see the twisted mass of pale flesh. The body is completely naked, and is obviously missing hands and feet. It seems to have been thrown out of a car in haste.

( Ixidor Wolven Pryde Mike Tamwood Dark Passenger )
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Hands off buddy!" Rose calls to the ghost, readying some very mean thoughts as he tries to protect the Epopt. However, this new complication finally stresses Rose past the point where calm and laid back don't work. "Will someone tell me what the fuck is going on before I start shooting everything!" He growls out to the room at large.
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

'Hey Ixidor, let's drag the body inside before someone sees it.' Mike steps closer, trying not to take a too deep breath. Corpses normally don't have a very pleasant smell. 'Is it Rosh?'

Before really inspecting him the Sentinel knocks on the closed doors of the Circle. 'Ariadne, are you there?' Then he slowly opens the door, looking inside. Without any enemies in direct sight he decides that things are safer in there than out here.

With the door open, he runs back to his car, grabs an extra pair of leather gloves from his dashboard. He hands them over to Ixidor. After they have dragged the body inside Mike plans to lay him somewhere close to a source of light. Then he nods in a greeting to Ariadne and the man he hasn't met yet. 'Ariadne, sir, I think there are no threats anymore. What happened?!'

'This is worse than I thought... let me try something.' The Moros thinks of an image, the Abyss only winks, and then a spell is cast.

Assumptions and spells
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Wits + Composure - 2 for Body Recognition

Tamwood, you did not make the roll, sorry.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne flinches as the ghost ?touches? her head. She looks at it with a hesitant smile. "Alrightttttt..." Rose yelling pulls her attention. Not a Henry.

She holds out a raised hand to Rose then points at the ghost. "Seemingly friendly. Also don't shoot me please." The last is added just in case that anger has underlying triggers.

Blue eyes dart to the front door as it opens. "What happened? We were discussing business then something pulled up outside and there was a thud. Then Rose let me know there were people around. Which unless you've just stalked around the place. There still are." It rattles off before she gets a clear look at what Mike brought inside.

"god...." She looks away from Mike back towards Rose and the ghost. "Rose watch the door. This is not making any sense." Blue eyes look at the ghost for a moment before Ariadne decides not to ask it anymore questions.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-27 11:22:47 Ariadne rolls 3 to Percep-2 (Wits2+Comp3-2=3) (10 Again) 10, 10, 1, 4, 6 2 successes

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor answers his phone as the cabbie takes off, frustrations at the night's twists and turns of events fairly evident in his warm and fuzzy greeting. "Who is this?"

There is a visible wince on his face, along with an annoyed look around at the scene, as if someone overhearing what was just said on the other side of the line would fit in quite nicely with the clusterfuck thus far.
    "They-what? Well yeah, this is Ix. What can I do for you Jonny? Talk quick, I'm in the middle of something pretty wierd, here."

Ixidor's annoyance becomes a look of mild surprise. Perhaps even curiosity, or concern. He flashes Mike a look of suspicion. Silently telling him that there is more going on than the body at their feet, here.
    "You don't say? ... Huh. I'm actually in a similar situation here, but it may or may not be under control. Who's the other three you're instructed to contact? Have you, yet? Names only over the phone, Jonny."

After a pause for the man on the other line to respond, the rocker's face suddenly twists into an angry grimace. "My mother was a witch. Thankless little bitch. And yes: I am evil.

"Now, you look."
    Ix stabs a pointing finger to the air front of him, before his voice builds into a intense growl. He doesn't yell, but he definitely gets a little louder...

"Continue to throw around words others shouldn't hear over the GOD-DAMNED PHONE, and I'll throw you at the judges' feet and ask for you to be brainwashed myself. I'll be there as soon as I can, sweetie."
    He immediately pushes the button on his cell to disconnect the call, giving Mike a shake of his head, and a pained expression. "Y'know, I can be pretty reckless sometimes, but damn."

Withholding explanation on the conversation until things settle down a little, Ix assists the Sentinel in getting the body indoors. It's kind of disgusting, but it isn't the first corpse he's had to shuffle around. Don't ask. Unfortunately, though, the avoidance of his gaze eliminates any chance of him identifying the body.

His nod of greeting to the Herald and the other guy is pretty congenial, though. All things considered.

Zilch
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-27 11:34:55 Ixidor rolls 2 to identify a body (Perception -2 (10 Again) 5, 5 failure
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Rose moves up to the door. "Door watched." He calls back, and looks out, seeing what he can see.

2 success perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-27 21:53:50 Rose Hearst rolls 4 to Wits+Comp (10 Again) 10, 2, 4, 6, 8 2 successes
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

As the body comes into the light of the Circle, those gathered can see the prominent tattoos that are displayed on the canvas of dead flesh. On one arm a wolf with spade for an eye is spitting fire, on the other an eagle displayed is clutching a key in it’s talons. Up one side of the body’s torso stretches a dark tribal design.

The body can only just be identified as male do to the muscle structure of the torso, as the other signifier is missing. The empty sockets where eyes should have been stare blindly at the Herald as if pleading with her, and the mouth hangs open, equally empty.

Ariadne can identify the body as Rosh.

Rose there is nothing but night air and mosquitos outside.

End Scene

Good Job, everyone.
    The next thread will be up shortly

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread