Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Partying around Town

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

PRE

As the song changed, Tracy caught a glimpse of someone from the corner of her eye. It was no other than the proprietor of the Avalon, who also happened to be the Prince she had sworn to serve. The Gangrel figured he had probably noticed her by now, or rather noticed the presence of her Beast. Thus, she offered a slight nod in his direction in case he happened to look her way.

Perhaps I'm not the only one that enjoys spending time around the Kine like this...

The petite redhead returned her attention to the man in front of her. She let out a soft laugh and gave him a sweet smile. "Alright, but you'll have to take the lead," she said as she tried her best not to step on Roman's feet. Clearly, this was a style of music she was not really used to. And fumble she did...

It is so much easier to dance around an opponent in a ring...

don't say I didn't warn ya! :P
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-12 18:01:34 Tracy Burns rolls 2 to this isn't "murder on the dance floor" this is "murdering the dance floor...with my silly moves" (10 Again) 4, 7 failure

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa returns the Gangrel's nod, and as she begins to dance with her partner, watches her fumble. Moving smoothly through the crowd behind her, he places a guiding hand lightly on her waist to help her feel the slower beat.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-12 19:23:14 Asa rolls 11 to PRE + Exp + Specialty + SL (10 Again) 8, 3, 9, 10, 8, 7, 8, 1, 7, 4, 8, 1 6 successes

This is a Teamwork roll, @Tracy Burns ( Jag ) can add Asa's successes as bonus dice to her own roll.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

C
    Cross

James was pleased to see Tracy having fun, and turned to survey the room as the music changed. His performance thus far had been pretty good, and he was having a great time. When Murder on the Dance Floor came on, he chuckled and changed his dance style, catching sight of Vaeltia and moving toward her, his groove remaining quite intact. His Beast thundered amongst the crowd. It was angry, as per usual... but he certainly wasn't. He was having a blast.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could've sworn he saw a flash of the Prince, next to Tracy. The law remained very much in the forefront of his mind - none shall harass His Majesty. He certainly wouldn't.

Approaching with a smile, his brown eyes locked on Vaeltia's, an interested look from one fairly decent dancer to another.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-09 02:32:26 James Calloway rolls 6 to To Keep On Dancing (10 Again) 8, 3, 10, 4, 8, 1, 4 3 successes

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia noticed the man in the suit, the way he walked was familiar enough, as was the look on his face. Is that...Crap...I should probably apologize... she said as she turned to see where he was going as he waded through the dance floor.

It was the spark of red hair that made her recognize the model she was currently painting, the fact that it seemed as if the man who had left the gallery because of Kite knew Tracy. Interesting, perhaps there is some benefit I could find there. It totally wasn’t the police woman talking, that was completely the artist-business woman speaking.

She turned back to her own dancing and the music, perhaps later she would be able to have that conversation, Tracy at least deserved a heads up. As she turned, her blue eyes found the brown of another, and the smile on the man’s lips at least was something of a suggestion.

She smiled back, and tipped her head, an acceptance. A dancing partner was always welcome.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

s
    shotgunlo

Well, at least it wasn't false modesty, Chambitas thinks witnessing the attempt.

Half-supporting Tracy and half-attempting to dance "Easy now. Awkward as it feels, you do have a natural grace. Just relax yourself into it. Breathe and go."

The sweaty press of the crowd was invigorating for the Mastigos, but he felt maybe shortly he should rescue his dance partner from the trepidations of dancing. Perhaps drinks were in order.

With the lighting in these places Chambitas couldn't be sure, but was that Clark Miller sneaking behind his dance partner? Had a feeling that running into this one would happen again sooner or later.

PRE

Tracy was trying her best to follow the beat of the music, and Roman's lead. Perhaps that was the root of the problem; trying to do both at the same time. Regardless of what the cause was, the poor Gangrel seemed a little lost on the dance floor. That was the case, until a guiding hand rescued her from a total disaster.

What the...

The redhead turned slightly over her shoulder, trying to identify her savior. For a moment, she thought it may have been Sally, but she was wrong about that. Her eyes caught a glimpse of the Ventrue's handsome face, and those eyes...those dreamy eyes. She couldn't imagine that there were a lot of women in Sacramento, or anywhere else for that matter, that could resist Asa's charm. Besides, he was her Prince...how could she deny him?

The thought of doing such didn't even cross her mind, nor did she want to. After all, the Ventrue exuded a certain degree of confidence, which just made him that much sexier to the petite Savage. Tracy offered him a shy smile and then turned back to face her current dance partner.

"Would you excuse me for a moment?" she said politely to Roman, not wishing to be rude. The Gangrel offered the Latino man a pleasant smile before turning away from him.

She turned around smoothly in a calculated move, her lips still curved into a smile as she faced the handsome Lord. "Good evening," said Tracy in a polite tone, realizing that she wasn't sure of how to address the Prince in a public setting such as this one.

Would Mr. Clarke be ok? What if he goes by a different name like the Reeve or Deputy Grigoriev?

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-13 08:37:33 Tracy Burns rolls 8 to Dex+Expression (-1 untrained)+6 (because Asa is full of awesome) to "give it another try" (10 Again) 5, 10, 7, 1, 5, 6, 5, 9, 2 2 successes

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a moment when Asa's eyes found Roman.Maybe they conveyed a casual dismissal, like Roman's own dismissal of him. Maybe they said that Clark Miller, professional party crasher, was crashing his party. Maybe they said Ventrue Always Win. Or maybe it was just the light. It was, after all, just a moment. Maybe Roman was just in the right place at the right time.

"Good evening yourself,"
    Asa answered, smiling down at the petite Gangrel as he gave her his full attention. The smile was genuine, and amused, and seemed to say 'I know you have a secret'. Because he did know her secret; that @Tracy Burns wasn't the innocent she seemed, or the artless, wide-eyed virgin she appeared. He'd watched her with Jillian. Of course, if he hand't seen it, he might not believe it. Looking down at the little ingenue, his eyes and hands certainly didn't agree.

"I didn't realize there would be casualties of my sense of humor,"
    he continued, nodding upward to the music.

"...Which makes me responsible. Thank goodness that the whole bit about ongoing responsibility about saving someone is only a literary device. I wouldn't want you to feel like you had to dance with me,"
    Asa added with a wink, a subtle tell that he wasn't playing the 'Prince' card.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Max Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Presence 3 (Loveable Goofball)
    Blush of Life active

*Max makes his way into the public area of Avalon, wearing a simple outfit of jeans, shirt, and boots for the evening. He wasn't here for Court, tonight was an excuse to get away from the Chapter House and have a little fun out in public. As he steps into the club, he pauses a moment; fully expecting a crush of Beasts to wash over him as he looks around the mass of people that had come out to enjoy themselves tonight. He was surprised when he only felt two other Kindred in the area; both familiar, and one intimately so.

Scanning the club, Max quickly finds the petite form of Tracy Burns on the dance floor. Dancing. With the Prince...

That alone was a surprise, but it paled in comparison to the surprise Max felt as his Beast reacted with a fury and intensity it had not displayed in years. It raged and snarled, throwing itself against the chains Max kept tightly bound around the mindless monstrosity; the thin Mekhet looking down to the floor as he tried to place the strange emotion coursing through him.

His eyes dart side to side, as if trying to follow a cockroach as it scurried across the floor...

Fear? No, it's not fear... Anger? No, but close... Jealousy? That's it, jealousy!

...Isn't that interesting?
    He thinks to himself.

The cause of his rage thus identified, Max quickly quiets his snarling Beast and returns his attention to the dancing Kindred. He knew Clarke's interest in beautiful women; and in some strange way it comforted him that the Prince found the same attraction in Tracy that he did.

Well aware of his own short comings when it came to modern dancing, Max decides to head to the bar. Besides, so many people, so close together? Bumping into and jostling each other? It was probably safer for everyone if he was far away from the crushing throng of Kindred and Kine.

Moving around the edge of the club, Max hears a familiar voice whispering from the dark reaches of his mind. Snide and condescending, a heavy middle eastern draw colored the masculine voice that spoke only to him. Max tries to focus on picking his way through the ever shifting crowd; knowing he cannot simply ignore the disembodied voice of his Sire...

Looks like this one is going to turn out like the last, Max...

It's just a dance...

Coward! You should march over there and...

And what? Demand he release her? First, he's the Prince; he can do whatever the hell he wants. Secondly, it's not like we're exclusive. We've never actually discussed what we are to each other. What am I supposed to say? "Excuse me Sir, would you please stop dancing with the woman I'm casually fucking?"

Fine, go to the bar and sulk. It's not like I care.

I'm not sulking, I'm...

Watch out, drunk blond trying to Dougie...

Max quickly sidesteps the inebriated mortal, watching in detached horror as she stumbles her way towards dance floor. A few more steps brings Max safely to the bar; the thin Mekhet flagging down the bartender and placing his order.*

"Whiskey, on the rocks please..."

*The wonderful thing about water is it expands as it cools. As it melted, the level of liquid in the glass would go down, giving the illusion he had been drinking the amber liquor. And if anyone pointed out how much was still left in the glass?

Well, who wants to drink watered-down whiskey?

Hey, think he's going to get her a collar?*

"I hate you..." *Max mumbles under his breath to no one in particular as he waits for his drink.*

Max's Outfit

9. Likes West liked this post
    s
    shotgunlo

Clark Miller, presumably someone who gets around, got around. Ill-timing. His dance partner seemed to know him. Perhaps he was some kind of local big-shot. Small time fame that didn't reach past Sacramento which is why a newcomer like Chambitas had never heard of the man. He did have a certain undeniable appeal Chambitas couldn't help but notice even in the middle of the receiving end of the man's attempt to cock-block.

Attempt. As yet, Tracy hadn't told him no, just later. The Hope kept him there on the dance floor. No matter how stupidly he felt, he stood there and grinned. The power to reshape reality to his whim, and he was smiling like an idiot in the middle of the crowded dance hall. The Mastigos could appreciate the power of choice; of allowing free will to decide.

If anything was meant to happen it would, and if it wasn't it wouldn't. To most this would be humiliating. Chambitas did have to admit, it did sting his pride. Pride? Chambitas made his living in sales, he had no room in his life for pride.

PRE

The ability inherent to Kindred to imitate the living, by forcing some of their potent blood to flow through their bodies had many uses. Unfortunately, it also had its downsides. For example, the dead don't blush, but the living certainly do. And that's exactly what Tracy happened to be doing as she stood in front of the Prince of Sacramento, trying not to make a fool out of herself. It was already bad enough that he had come to her rescue, when she pretended to know what she was doing out there on the dance floor.

Gosh, this is embarrassing...

The petite Gangrel let out a soft laugh. "If anyone is responsible it would be me," said the redhead. "I should've invested some time on taking some ballroom dance lessons or something..." she let her words trail off, realizing that perhaps she wasn't helping her case much by speaking about her inexperience on the dance floor.

The Ventrue's wink caused Tracy to blush once again, and she hated herself for it. "Not at all," she said in response to his words. "I don't feel as foolish now that I'm dancing with you." A smile formed on her lips as she said those words. "Who knows, maybe I'll even learn a thing or two," she added as she tried to keep up with the tempo of the music, and Asa's perfectly-timed movements.

While the redheaded Deputy was lost in her Prince's smile, she failed to notice Max Heinz as the Mekhet walked into the club. The fact that the Shadows had a tendency to hide their Beasts did not help the case, for the Gangrel's Beast was perfectly calm and quiet at the moment and did not howl in defiance at the presence of another one entering the room.

This better not be a dream! If that bitch Jillian knocked me into torpor, well...I guess I would've had that one coming...

Page 3 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread