Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 27
DISPLAYED
Echoes (ATTN: Jack, Nott, Ruby)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

PRE

Finally, I can be useful.

Jack looks at the keyboard quizzically and then wracks his brain as he tries to remember what keyboard style this was, though he hasn't studied foreign keyboard layouts that extensively or recently.

Does he remember?
    Unfortunately, he can't seem to come up with anything useful on that regard, so Jack continues with the next important matter – probably more important than some stupid layout – involving this thing.

"Hey, uh, Ruby? Couldja come here for a sec, please?"
    Jack yells in a polite tone to the other room as he sits on the bed and sets the computer on his lap. "I found his computer, but I need to know if you have any idea what the password might be? What are some of his favorite things? What does he hold dear to his heart? Was he in any way computer-savvy enough to make strong passwords?"

Jack also looks around the room as he's spewing these questions, looking for any pictures and/or posters that have common appearances/themes among them.

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Jack dear, it's fine. You don't have to get in right now. We'll have plenty of time to look through these things when we get back. For now, let's just focus on makin' sure we've got everything."

PRE

But I wanna be useful now, Jack thinks as he sighs, trying to keep the sigh inaudible from the other two.

"You're right. I'm sorry... Got a little excited is all..." he yells in reply.

Jack closes the clamshell of the laptop and unplugs the AC adapter from the computer. Then, he follows the cord to the wall socket and pulls it out as gently as possible.

Finally, he brings the computer and power cable out with him and puts them carefully into the non-laptop big pocket of his backpack that he left in the main room.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Narration

As they continue to go through the apartment, nothing else catches their eye as clues to the ley lines. They do make two more observations, though.

The first, is that most of Theo's personal books are in German.

The second, is that the flowers in the vase have been dead much longer than Theo's death would have accounted for.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Nott, you ready? I think we might be right to make it in one trip."

she clears her throat gently and readjusts the few things she's carrying

"Do you mind if we pick up those flowers there too? Think they belong to someone." Maybe she could press them, make something nice for Kyle.

He needed something, anything physical to make up for the fact he'd never see where Aaron rests.

She's ready to go.

L
    Lankin

Making sure the last of the documents were securely placed in his backpack, Nótt scanned the room one last time before answering. He'd more or less collected anything that looked like it might be relevant to the Mysteries, but he knew damn well it was easy to miss stuff.

At last satisfied that they'd covered everything, he responds "I believe myself to be finished now, yes. And by all means, do bring the flowers."

Passing Ruby he comments in a low and confidential whisper "Heck, I still cling to a couple of shirts that aren't mine. Giving a memento is very considerate of you". Then he moves on to load the car, acting as if he hadn't said anything.

Familiar activity

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Narration

Satisfied with their search, including Peter, they make to leave.

Start a new thread for location change, please.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread