Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Man in Black) Does Crime Pay?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

Spdr
    Patrl
    SumCor
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes
     Son of the Herath, 
      Toll and Good Customer Pledge, tip, Fairest Blessing

Hardened Mask, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Kray says the words connections, Circe perks up, smiles widely, and waves her hand hello at Sofia.

She chuckles as she cannot think of Sofia deferring to anyone. Unless a new don of dons comes to be. "Thank you. I'd prefer your way, honestly. It sounds much less stressful." And less chance of getting shot by someone wanting a 100% discount.

"Oh ho ho ho! True," she nods as Sofia reminds Circe that everyone is doing something naughty if they are here. She sends a glare at the person who made her rib hurt, causing the fool to move away. "Yes Kray, your skills with information are noteworthy. As are mine in gun work. Shipping or building."

Circe sips the drink, "I somehow got some commissions. Not for trying to get difficult to supply guns, eeeveryone is doing that for some big buyers overseas scrambling for ANYTHING," she chuckles at that, "Nay, I mean customized work. Like a hand-cannon looking like a Chinese dragon, mouth as the muzzle," she shakes her head, "Oh ho ho ho. Impossible to aim, buuut hand cannons are shit for hitting anything anyway. Doubt the buyer even knows how to reload it."

Circe could keep going on the subject. Sure, she had no problem making her own prettied up show piece, but the piece is still able to function as a gun. She'd even try to get a fiberoptic that matches color, but only if it was functional.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Formidable)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Usually a good start.” Leaning back and listening while still observing the room. “Information you say? Are you the type best suited to gather it or provide it?” her guess would be gather, probably with his size and intimidation. “Have you been in the trade long?” from his teeth and face, more than likely.

“Then John it is.”
    The Savage could be polite when she wanted to be. Charming? Not really, but she tried sometimes.

Oh, so Mary offered him work before. An amused look to Mary.

Chuckling, raising her glass to take a sip, “Oh, my way comes with plenty of stress. I just take no shit and can be selective with who I do business with. To many people’s disappointment.” But that was how it was at the top.

“Everyone here has something to offer,” she says, “if you ask the right people and offer the right services.” Her? She provides the pay.

Shaking her head, “I’ll never understand people like that. I like my guns to be functional and do their job, they have one purpose and one purpose only.” She could have worn them in, but she didn’t want to, they were secure in the Aston with Gabriel.

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Likes , , liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 3
    Public works 2
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes
      Wyrd Stone requirement
      Unyielding voice (Troll blessing), seal pledge
      Ogre blessing (+2 str) + wp for smash

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

The two well established criminals might be looking around, observing the who's who and what's what but where would be the point in him doing so, who else would he look for or to converse with? So while he does relax into the seat a little, much to its complaints, pale eyes do not really diverted from the two at the table only to follow and see things that were all to real to him but not so for any other. "Hm. Well gathering leads to providing, that's where the deals side of things comes in." Well it was a lot more then just that but that was what he is here to promote for today. "And I got more more then a few folk willing to pass useful things my way for favours and help with their own projects." And from there its just a matter to develop those relationships, best as he can given the wyrd makes details of him harder to recall for mortals. Her next questions elicits a toothy grin. "Oh. This business, it's something of a new page in my book I won't lie." This manifestation was something new for him. A pause as he considers how much to say. "Uh. Back in my youth I did plenty of wet work." Criminal through and through.

A raise of glass as she agrees to the first name basis, only for it never to reach his lips as Mary outs a second of his names, one he would really prefer she not have. And the glass in his hand is suddenly covered in cracks form the reflexive tightening of his vice like grip. "Ah. Shit. Dam it, sorry." He cares very little for the clothes in truth they just serve a purpose so the fabric jacket will come off to start trying to absorb what's left of the leaking drink. Hoping the commotion will in some small way serve to pass over what was said. There would be words about this one, boundaries needed it would seem.

He grunts as he wraps the glass in the now wetter jacket least it splinter into many pieces. "Ah. Now Mary." Focus, keep reasonable. "I wouldn't say that, compared to what you've taken the time to establish, to build up for yourself I would say your much better known." He just had enough to get in the door was all. So far anyway.

Pale eyes tracking back through the malaise of his suffering clarity to find rest on the queen of crime. "Oh. I do not doubt for a moment they do." That was the point. "Hm. But I have no need to move to fast, no need to try and wrestle in on things. I got the time, I'm in no great rush." He wasn't here to cast a boulder in the pond and watch the water levels change. "No. Tonight is about feeling out the circles, putting names to faces and faces to names, an eye of where my skillset and trade can be put to use." The slow and steady burn, the insidious weaving of strings into a pattern, slowly with care.

Deciding to weigh in on the pretty gun talk. "Eh. Way I see its about image, and reputation. The right." A meaty hand waves around a bit. "Bits and pieces can help sell an image or a reputation." Something Iconic, something timeless, something tied to your legend. "Only many seem to rush that bit and go for the image piece before the rep thinking it confers it." A flash in the pan they used to be called. The phrase one he had forgot. Being here walking into the world he had known from long before doing just the smallest amount of good.
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

6. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

Spdr
    Patrl
    SumCor
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes
     Son of the Herath, 

Hardened Mask, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe is curious as to what Kray was doing for information brokering. Gathering or analyzing? She knows some Lost can gather foresight from dreams or by entering a mundy's dreams. He'd not admit to that. "Well, I wish you good luck with whatever spy ring you have made John. I can totally see you being quite the ring master, just respect your contract labor's right to unionize. And do let me know if you need anything to return to the watery career."

When Kray spills on himself, Circe blinks and winces, wondering why he did that. She'd have to get him a better suit and, oh! Crap! She shouldn't have flummoxed his real name like that so easily. Kray getting out was kind of cray. Wait-a-minute. "Thank you John. You know something? In hindsight, it isn't at all cray-cray you are going into this line of work. You are good at digging stuff up John," she tries to cover for herself slipping up. Fortunate that his name was close to a slang term for crazy. "How many bets have I lost to you because of that skill you have?" She grabs a few napkins to give to Kray to help with the leaking glass, "Cheap glass? Cray that they'd skimp. Oh, idea! If that drink ruins your outfit, can getting you a new suit cover one of my lost bets? Maybe even a Kevlar one?"

And she owed him for her slip up. If Kray wanted to give a number, she would make the favors back to him.

She nods along with Kray's assessment of being subtle as he gets to info brokering. "Slow and steady wins the race. Especially in the race where the speedy folk swing crowbars and cattle prods. Ummm," she looks between Sofia and Kray, "Ha ha, that metaphor wasn't so good was it?"

"Aaaah," Circe sighs as Sofia mentions her level of power in the underworld. "Envious I am of you Sofia. Buuut if I was at your level, I'd probably have bought and used a rocket launcher on somebody's car for taking my favorite parking space. And I not so cray-cray as to think I'm ready to handle 5 star alert status. Yet, oh ho ho ho." She was joking. She could quite easily ditch them using the Hedge.

She nods in agreement with Sofia, "Right Sofia. Functional is most important, the decor shouldn't hinder. Like all the Western Colts, beautiful but still functional." She uses as an example. "I'd be happy to combine soldering and engraving barrel decor, even coloring flowed to match a fiberoptic sight that looks good but it is fully functional." Circe has actually thought on this. Ways to make guns better or prettier AND better. It was why she never bothered to tape together duplex clips for the AKM.

"Ah," she nods when Kray pops in on the gun talk. "Bragging rights. There are a certain, hmmm," she thinks and wonders how to say it. How to say dumb muscle, young newbies, or cannon fodder. Then notices the example in the crowd again. Nope. "Fanculo, I'm not going to be nice about amateur criminals who think blinging up the guns makes them be cool. Especially since they're the same type that hold the gun sideways and don't know how to aim. I have got SHOT," she growls out the word, "By one such dumbass. Right out of the that Travolta movie with Cedric. That kind of criminal thinks it is cool. Maybe civilians too, probably teens." So it could work to establish leadership amongst the next generation. And then become and old shame. "Kind of the Excalamune factor. More memorable is more scary when you threaten somebody with it. Hmm," she thinks and has an image of a knife in her mind. Circe isn't sure where she saw it, but it was an example. She just wasn't sure how to phrase it.

ooc: D'oh! That was a player error ReubanBrightwood, but I posted it, so it has to be played. Fortunately, Circe knows some outdated slang to work in.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Formidable)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Providing leads isn’t a bad place to get started, if the information is useful and checks out.” Nothing against him, but it paid to be cautious. Especially in her position. “I’d be curious if your leads were fruitful, especially given how new you say you are to the city.” Did he have connections outside Sacramento he was using? She had some connections back home. Chuckling, “Ah, wet work, something I still enjoy doing with my own hands when I can.” But it was harder, and that was disappointing.

The Savage catches what could be a nickname, or not, and then the crack of the glass. The reaction. An inked hand was raised, and another drink was brought as well as a napkin. But nothing was said from her, she was well trained in this world, she grew up in it, she lived in and she ran it. Somethings were better off noted and remembered for a later time.

A sly smile as she speaks, “That is the smart way to go about it, a rare sight sometimes. Most want to climb the ladder as quickly as they can, make a name for themselves. But your way is the best, and if done right, will produce good results.” With enough time, anything was possible.

“I used to be known for my guns, and the skill I have with them. The skill has not gone away mind you. But I have found I don’t need them as much. They are always with me, but they are not there for image, they are there for a purpose.” She was still a damn fine shot.

Raising an eyebrow to Mary, “As easy as those are to get, they’re not smart to use. I have more,” pausing, “personal ways to handle slights if I desired.” Not a joke in there.

“I have been gifted some decorative guns, but I have them in cases on display. I like the plain old look of my Desert Eagles, simple design that works. I’m not a engraving and coloring type girl.” No.

“If I have to use my gun, you are not getting up, that’s the long and short of it. They only serve one purpose. Which is why I don’t always have them holstered on me, it’s a situation-by-situation basis. A gun doesn’t make someone tough, and some of the youth would do good to learn that.”

10. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 3
    Public works 2
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead
    Kray Scenes
      Wyrd Stone requirement

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

The glass wrapped in a jacket is used to dab a few more wet patches before he leaves to rest on the table, no doubt the staff would sort it. "Hm. Yeah got to know where to start, not that I reckon I can tell you anything you don't already know Sophia." Certainly no need to presume the queen of crime didn't have ways and means to know, even if his circles moved well outside of organised crime as well as through them. "Huh. I guess the truest test of how well they work out for me." Would he continue to slowly and steadily spread his influence, build up networks and authority in her city? "Un. Unless that is there is something you are curious to know?" Not one to pass up the chance of course, he's crazy he's not insane. "Hm." She seemed more like the type who had people for that kind of work for her. Well not the first time I've been wrong on that. "Ah. It's something I try to avoid these days. Still can if needed, but yes. Not the game I am looking to play." If he ever had underlings and they were dumb enough to invoke his cruelty they would be just as likely to end up on the missing persons report. Mary Maloney style.

Mary's talk of contract labour is given thought looking for hidden meaning there. "Uh. Thank you Mary." A little luck never hurt of course. "Oh. Don't worry I always respect my deals, pay what I owe. They do right by me and they get what I promise." Transactions were a two way street after all and a reputation for going back on those was a quick ticket to never working on the scene again. Not addressing the idea of bets because to his knowledge Mary had never lost to him. But she did owe him for that one. "Huh. I didn't think they made much Kevlar in my size." That would need to be custom made for sure, it wasn't exactly hanging on the shelf and the big and tall store. "Hm. But we can table that talk for another night. No need to fill up your plate with that tonight." If the summer sovereign was willing to custom make him an apology he sees no reason not to go right for it but time and place for such talks. "Eh. No glass is fine just got quite the grip, sometimes I think the world wasn't made me, well I think that shortly after each time I smack my head on a door frame." The shifting mass of the giant causes complaints from the chair which seems to moan in agreement that he was never meant to sit on something to small for him.

The new drink is brought and he looks to Sophia not having caught her muttering across the bar to pay for his drinks. "Uh. Thanks." However hesitant to accept gifts without knowing the cost it remains on the table for now. It does serve if any such demonstration was needed of her pull and sway in the place.

His methods receiving appreciation from both powerful ladies, gets a slow nod. "No. I get it Mary Tortoise and Hare. Go slow, steady and pay attention, race to fast and your heart explodes." Perhaps a little to literal himself there on the metaphors. "But. yes so many think just because they beat a few guys up and have a gun at their waist it makes them powerful." No real power happened around tables folk like that would never even see.

He sits back to listen, its not a bad skill to cultivate, and the chance to refocus himself on the parts of his experienced reality that matter right now. "Ah. But now you say Sofia you were known for your guns, plain, old and functional." Listing her own words off on his fingers. "Hm. It is not all that different right, it sends a message, direct, no nonsense gets stuff done. The way things looks, what we choose to adorn ourselves with conveys messages." Why so many lost adorned hedgespun raiments to major celebrations after all. Flashy or straightforward the way they choose to present tells you who your dealing with, and how seriously they need to be taken. Nodding to Mary. "Yeah. Some try for fear." The jug jaw splits into that grin giving view of the unfortunate situation inside once more."Hm. Others try for status." Got a rare or custom piece. "Ah. Yet others try for authority." Sometime a bared blade was all it took. Speaking of. "Uh. Mary. You got shot?" The deep voice of the giant dead pans.

12. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

Spdr
    Patrl
    SumCor
    Mask

Circe Scenes
     Son of the Herath, 

Hardened Mask, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, I've a question John?" She asks as he and Sofia talk about his information gathering. "Do you want a custom security OS for any laptop you use? Might be mostly hobby, but I am good with computer code." It wasn't bragging, she just wasn't as obsessed with it as she was with guns.

At least John didn't seem to pissed about the slip up. "John, don't be cray-cray. Hidden body armor is available in as many sizes as there are sizes of celebrity or dictator. The less blatant stuff is harder to come by or make. Well," she thinks and taps her chin. "Trench coats or skin suits are things I could make with the right materials." Which was not just Hedgespun. Her silicon skin suits had always been mundane. It just took her a while to get enough aramid to make a suit that would resist gun fire. A trench coat? That should be a lot easier. "The work would be a fun challenge. And I'm happy to add that to the plate John, if it removes a lost bet from my plate. Which it totally would."

Though Hedgespun could work as well if she got something good. Like dragon scales or spider silk.

Circe nods, "Showpieces are for show," when Sofia mentions her Desert Eagles, "Though I can't say ANYTHING wrong with a Desert Eagle," Circe wholly approves, "But Sofia, have you chromed the internals? Well, it isn't chrome these days, but it makes cleaning easier." Albeit it was a pain to do.

"Right," she nods as she remembers that. Maybe. "Though didn't the tortoise have a jet engine? Wait, no no no," Circe shakes her head, "That's Chuck Jones, not Aesop. Oh ho ho, ignore that. Waist band holster," she makes finger quotes, "Is so stupid. Even had a couple of those ask if a football cup would stop a misfire," she shakes her head in exasperation. They think of that but don't move the gun.

When Sofia reprimands her for the rocket launcher, Circe goes full drama queen. She lets out a sigh and sags her shoulders, "I know. I know," Circe shakes her head, "But it would be so therapeutic to do. Impractical, reckless, dangerous, and guaranteed too much trouble, but fun. There are times I hate not being as reckless as those young, future corpses." She shrugs, "I mean, a few seconds, but a moment is a moment."

She smirks as Sofia brags about the Eagle's lethality. "Oh ho ho ho, so long as it isn't frangible, I agree. Someone John's size in riot gear?" She points at Kray, "Probably get back up from a frangible 50." She sips her drink. She was lying as Kray probably wouldn't even get staggered. "And whilst the bambini maledetti should know better, oh ho ho." She smiles, "As a merchant who sells to them, I fully endorse a fool and their money being swiftly parted oh ho ho." Circe smiles. "I am happy to sell them a gold painted 22 pistol, marked way up, because they think it's cool." Circe sighs, "I have seen dumber purhcases," Circe shakes her head in disgust. Though it was hard to get worst then some of the purchases from a Goblin Market.

When Kray asks about her getting shot, she has to only nod over a sip of her drink. Almost empty. "A few times, different calibers, mostly intentional. Hence why I adore kevlar," Circe spreads her arms wide as she says that, "Stops stuff great. Ice packs also helpful, though dodging works better." Which was something the Fairest Contract let her do quite easily. She looks at Sofia, "I have probably disposed of hot items for your employees and sold them across the border a few times. Good tequila and guacamole," she shrugs, "But not always good customers."

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Formidable)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound

+1
    SL
    PRE

A light shrug as she listened, “Hard to say. I have ears all over this city, and a few others. Some in other countries as well. But, information does manage to slip by those I have on the pay roll here and there unfortunately, it happens. So knowing what you can do is a good help, and if you are willing, I’ll gladly take your number and offer you work for information if the need arises.” She offers, “If you don’t want to offer the number, no worries, I can’t make people work for me.” Not the headache she wanted. “At this moment? No, things have been fairly quiet on that front, summer tends to be a slower time for my business. Then again, people are always surprising me.” Kine and Kindred alike. “Oh, well it’s not something one goes and looks for every night.” Chuckling as she took a sip from her glass, “But my men know I won’t bat an eye if it needs to be done.” Kine went missing all the time, especially when they were into crime.

A hint of a smirk touches her lips, “Ah, not a stupid man I see. Good.” Not paying what was owed or delivering on what was promised was a good way to meet a quick end. Well, if you were lucky, it would be quick. “With the right connections and enough money, you can get anything in any size.” Sounding nonchalant about it, because she was.

She was used to people being hesitant in here when a drink was bought, so an inked hand waves the hesitation off, “Relax, it’s just a drink.” The Savage could actually do nice things, despite her reputation and appearance.

Laughing, “Ah yes, those ones are my favorites. Fun to play with and bring back to decent level.” Usually, she didn’t have to kill them, just beat their ass. “You’d be surprised at how much their ego takes a blow when a woman kicks their ass.” A quick chukle, always a good time.

“I did say that, yes. When I first arrived here, in this country. They were all I had to my name, and they kept me safe as I worked my way up. The Family name will only carry you so far in life after all. Once I had my feet settled, they were an afterthought. No one remembers my guns anymore, they remember my name and who I am, and just what I can and will do. That is more powerful than my guns.” So yah, she had been known for them, and still loved them. But didn’t rely on them anymore.

Shaking her head, “I leave my guns as is. I have no problems cleaning them how they were delivered to me, so why mess with it? Plus, cleaning them, as is, is quite relaxing after a stressful day, I enjoy the long process.” Which wasn’t that long to her.

There was a sigh, and a shake, “I will never understand you sometimes Mary.”

A glance to John, then a shrug, “Depends on where I place the shots. If you cannot get a clear one shot down, you have to find other ways to take the target down in as few shots as possible. Pretty simple.” While head shots were preferred, if you are adding riot gear, you needed to know riot gear and its weak points.

“Ah, but Kevlar is only bullet resistant, not bullet proof.” There were rounds that would tear through that shit.

16. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Resources 3
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance
    City Hall
    Unions
    Public works

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 2
    City Hall 1
    Unions 3
    Public works 2
    Mein

Kray Scenes
      Wyrd Stone requirement

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Looking to Mary as she prepares the field for a question. "Ah. No I'm good thanks. I know how computers work and all but." He mimes typing with his over large fingers. "Same problem I got with phones, just takes so long to get anything done trying to hit the right buttons." Being larger then life was made for, had some quality of life drawbacks. "Just find it easier to stick to hand written." No need to defend a computer he did not have. And you can't hack paper. Well mortals can't.

A fool he was not, well he does not like to think so. But jumping in the pocket of the queen of crime the first chance he got, unproven, largely unknown, and cautious of doing deals with those who wielded more power them him, all told him to stick to his plan. "Uh. That's mighty kind of you Sofia and many might call me a fool for turning down your generous offer." Many had not be taken for jumping at deals to go to the big leagues. I won't be tricked again, I won't be taken again. "I mean no disrespect, but slow and steady it will be for me. No big splashes, no jumping the que." Because that was a sure a fire away to make a quiet enemy or two for each time he got a job over them. "Uh. I reckon just being seen with you will have plenty curiously come sniffing to see what's what and that's more then good enough for me tonight." Listening to her speak, she speaks a good game. Tattoos or trophies I wonder. She would not be the first to practice such a habit. "Hm. Well not a bad reputation to have." But he would rather something a little different.

The comment about his intelligence is met with what can actually be discerned as a wry smile. Being able to close his mouth offers a wider ranger of facial expressions. "Ah. Depends who you ask on that I reckon. Maybe a little more traditional then many these days. Some things you just do proper." And meeting your end of a pledge, deal or promise was one such. Along with shining your shoes by hand. Seeing as Mary seemed up for it. "Hm. Well looks like I got the right connections." Playing off Sophia's helpful input. "So. sure Mary I'll take you up on that." He did like a good long coat after all, but was now curious to what the fairest crimson queen would rustle up. She was something of an inventive creator to say the least.

Now it balanced on would it appear rude if he just left it. Would it seem like he did not trust her. Everyone in here was shady by the laws standard but found ways to work together ... more or less by some of Mary's burning looks ... without screwing each other over. He tunnel visions on the new glass in his mind it looms a lot bigger and a lot darker then it is, the smoke curling from it, insidious in its motion. To him in this moment it represents a terrible risk he just can't fathom if drinking or refusing carries the retribution... And no it's just to ingrained into him. "Ah. I will have to refuse you twice in one night Sophia. Old habits, old life saving habits, die hard and all that." It was rare he took things even from other lost for free, for his own use anyway. Nothing comes free its all clauses, contracts, costs and catches right. As was the nature of the dark and wonderful magic of faerie. Now had it been her house and she was hosting that would be another matter.

Now back to Mary. "Uh. I, I don't know that one Mary." Tortoise with a what now? Yep the summer sovereign had lost him completely with her all to modern memes and stories. So will do as asked and after that ignore it.

But the talk of hanging up your guns. "Hm. Well your reputation is no joke, none in here can compete that goes with questioning Sophia. But the guns still were a part of that when you needed them to be, to send the message you wanted to be sent till it could be done otherwise." In short she sounded like she was admitting to what the kids they were criticising do, used the guns to gain reputation early on. Only she had done what most did and moved past it. "Ah. Well I would be mighty curious if you made use them even once, stories would come running back. Things are rarely so forgotten as they would appear." A fact in time this city would learn.

The talk of shooting him armoured or no is far from a topic he wants in encourage. And the squint not directed at anyone does convey a certain violent and predatory message. "Ah. Now. All of this depends on whoever decides to pull a gun on me still having arms capable of holding it up." The threat general and meant for all who might be listening to hear, don't want a bunch of underworld thugs getting the wrong idea fifty or so feet down the road, it came as natural as breathing it rolled of the tongue and carried a lot more weight then his pleasantries or manners, it spoke to the nature of the man. Something he had done and carried through countless times. "They would not be the first try." And as he was still going whoever had been first clearly had not succeeded.

18. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

Spdr
    Patrl
    SumCor
    Mask

Circe Scenes
     Son of the Herath, 

Hardened Mask, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe nods, "Fair enough John. I recommend cursive if you know it, since a lot of younger folks don't know it anymore." Ignorance was useful. When Sofia mentions beating sense or fear into folks, she laughs. It was a good way to vent.

Circe salutes to Kray when he agrees to getting custom made armor from her, "Ya got it John. Just need to get your sizes and I'll be good to go."

The smile Circe has been sporting turns a little smarmy as her antics get the mafia queen to sigh. Circe does that to fae Queens too! "I am a easily summed up Sofia," she bows lightly, "Coffee, computers, and guns. Maybe throw in tools too, since I like working on the last one. Fun hobby. Premptively state I don't overdue it. Plus I believe changing the barrels is, uh, useful for forensic purposes." That and the Hedge. Circe was paranoid that it would mess with her guns to be honest. Why she preferred reliability over performance and sought to maximize it. But a mortal like Sofia need not know that.

"Don't worry about the Chuck Jones version John," she waves her free hand in the negative. She'd said to ignore it.

"I agree with John on that Sofia," she nods as he speaks of reputation and the guns. "Reminds me of something. Legends never die, they become a part of you. Pretty sure I'm quoting something." Circe doesn't recall all pop culture. "But you reputation never goes away," she points to herself, "I'm known as a crazily, trigger happy lunatic. Despite no law enforcement being able to link me to any shootings. Reputation."

When Sofia denigrates the armor, she gets an amused snort, "Hence why I mentioned frangible. It is meant to NOT penetrate. If you really want to get past everything, you could just go for a shotty with Dragon's Breath shells," she empties her drink, "Penetrate or fried, either way the target has died."

Then Kray objects to being held up as an example of a durable target. She raises her hand finger up, mouth open. Then tilts her head. "Right, I know this. I know," she nods sagely. The Ogre certainly could follow throw on going full Wookie on somebody that pissed him off. Oh, that was the quote. "Ms De Luca, I recommend we follow the classic holo-chess strategy in this debate. Let the wookie win." Then she turns to Kray, "Poor example. I know I get knocked on my ass from a 44 HP, so a 50 frang would do me too."

20. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread