(Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Jasper tucks his cap away into his coat pocket as he gives a nod over to Al when the older gentleman answers. "Ah. Either o' 'em your team?" He's not terribly invested in either of those teams, but a game's a game. He doesn't get to watch them all too often anymore.

He notices the younger Englishman staring at him, but he doesn't comment. Not the first time his mug's been stared it. He smirks ever so slightly as he thinks the man would be right frightened if he knew what Jasper really looked like. When the pint of dark stout gets pushed his way, he perks an eyebrow over at Chambers and isn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. "Cheers, sasanach," he says, licking his lips as he lifts the glass and takes a good sip of the beer. He closes his eyes for a moment, enjoying the taste with a grin. "Mighty nice of ya," he says and then responds to the question with a nod. "North County, but haven't watched a game of theirs in years."
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

2. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

On the question of the newcomer concerning teams Al nodded.

"Yes, Todmorden."

Thinking a while on the question, he shrugged.

"You might like Vancouver, though I found it to be too big and too crowded for my liking. If you like lots of concrete, noise and people, Victoria might be something for you as well, though for personal reasons I can't exactly recommend it. Both actually do have nice places and good parks if that's more for you but overall, I would rather go to the smaller towns but that is my preferrence."

He nodded when Chambers spoke about the ambivalence of travelling.

"Sure, you can experience and learn a lot on travels but home is home and always stays home. It has memories that can't be replicated elsewhere."

A nod was the only answer to the quip about his team.

"Better times will come again."

He thought about the question and shooed away the mental image of Dr. Rawleigh with The List of Forbidden Things.

"Same for me, please."

4. Likes , liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Sipping his beer. ''If you want crowded you should try urban India. I've never known anything like the cities over there.'' Every street and road just packed. Thinking. ''There are some nice country towns in Greece if that's your thing.'' Egypt has just ben hot, unbearably hot so does not get a mention for this conversation despite being quite busy yet also having some quaint rural areas. ''But Concreate as unavoidable as it is, not really an factor that draws me in.'' That is probabaly not surprising. At the drink request the scruffy scholar just pushes the waiting pint across to the older man, he can order another when he needs it. ''There you go.''

It seems I've found where the unofficial representatives of the British isles gatherer. Nice. ''No worries buddy.'' A drink or three was not going to break his bank account. ''Can't say I know much of them. Which league do they play?'' Gesturing to the tv screen. ''And how would you say they stack up?''
    Health
    Mana

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

He nods to Al's response, looking at the screen for a few moments as he sips on his stout and munches on some bar snacks. He half-listens to the conversation that the two English are having. He hasn't done a lot of traveling himself so he doesn't feel the need to impose himself on that conversation at the moment.

He grins toothily as Chambers admits that he hasn't heard much about Jasper's preferred team. "That don't surprise me. They're in Leinster Senior," he says with a sharp sniff before he takes another slow sip of his stout. "They're quality. Won the All-Ireland title five times."
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

8. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

​Al raised an eyebrow as there seemed to be a misunderstanding.

"I don't like crowded cities and I have been in urban India, Calcutta, Poona and Hansi."

Taking a while to revel in memories he provided his opinion on nice locations for travel.

"Cyprus is worth a travel, if you like marvellous landscapes. South Africa as well."

Nodding he took a sip of the beer.

"Thank you."

He thought for a while whether he knew anything about that team, but didn't.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He wasn't kidding another student of the road then. ''You've gotten about it seems, the best I can say for Africa is I was in Egypt for half a year. I hear mixed things about South Africa, all in all would you recommend it?'' Careful no need to give away to much. ''Of all of them I enjoyed India the most by far.'' Trying to include the Irishman. ''What of you friend you much of a traveller?'' I mean from Ireland to here at least so maybe its more common in those who leave home to see a little more of it all.

The team gets half a nod. ''Sounds like a decent team. From what we were just saying more then either of us can boast.'' Pausing to drink. ''Ireland put anyone towards the International teams at all?''
    Health
    Mana

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien

Mantle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

He listens to the older man's tales of travel, trying to imagine all the places he's spoken about. He's heard the names of some of them, but not others.

On the question on whether or not he's done travelling, he pauses for a moment in thought, trying to recall if he really remembers seeing any places. "A bit, yeah. Started out just outside of Dublin but went travelling for a bit. Saw a few places over the years. A couple spots in Europe, I think Spain and France for a bit. Germany.." he says with a nod. "I remember a bit of time up in the Ural Mountains. Mostly I remember the cold.." he says with a laugh. "Been in the States for the last few years. Travelled about here some, yeah, mostly West Coast but some down South too. Spent some time down in Mexico."

"Ireland's got an international team. I haven't followed them in years though so I don't know how well they're doing. Kinda got too wrapped up in day to day life."

14. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al thought about the question a bit before shrugging. When he was there it had been a different time with dfferent problems.

"I can't say for certain to be honest. I could tell you of my travel there, but that was in my youth and things have changed quite a lot since then, I believe. So I'm sorry."

He nodded to the point about India.

"India can be quite pleasant, if you know where to go and where not to go. But that can be said for many countries."

Listening to Jaspers words he nodded in agreement.

"Ireland is said to be a nice country as well. I always wanted to see Dublin, but as there were people there who didn't like the English, I never actually went further than Belfast."

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Keeping one eye on the game, it had been a while after all. ''Changed or no I would still be more then happy to listen to your stories if your willing to tell them.'' Not one to turn down a fresh perspective. ''I'll keep getting the beers in if helps.'' A little gentle bribery never hurt after all.

A small chuckle. ''I think that can be true of any place, period.'' Everywhere has its good and bad sides. ''Not just countries. Take Sacramento for example.'' Some areas perfectly lovely. Others should be avoided like the plague.

Turning to listen to the Irishman's tale. Finishing his pint as he does so. ''So yeah just around the block then.'' With a grin. ''All in all quite the list. Do you have a favourite?'' A pause while he orders more drinks for whoever needs them, himself included. ''I hear good things about Ireland but yes have never been on account of.'' Indicating the older gentlemen as he gives his own reasons for never seeing Dublin. ''That.'' And I wasn't alive for the worst of it. ''Love the national anthem though.'' An English patriot it seems he is not.

The comment gets a half nod and a look of understanding. ''Oh I know that. It can be so easy to fall out of touch with the things you used to value when things get busy or change.'' And for some of us more of a requirement.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien

Mantle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Jasper chuckles softly after setting his glass down again, "Aye. Most of my kin would be right cross with me if they knew I was chattin' with a couple of sasanach, much less sharing a pint with them.." he comments. "They ain't here though and I do what I want these days. If I wants to talk to some Englishfolk, I'm gonna do it, besides my Pa also taught me never to be cross with a man who buys ya a beer."

He laughs and nods to the younger man's comment. "I've been around the block a bit, aye. A favourite?" he asks, humming softly to himself. "Not counting home, cause you don't, I'd probably have to say Mexico. Spent some time in the capital there and also at the coast. Beautiful folks there. Would go back if I could."

He nods to the comment about the Irish anthem, "She's a beautiful song, she is.. Surprised you like her though," he says, grabbing another mouthful of bar snacks. He seems to be occasionally pocketing a handful when he thinks noone is looking.

He nods his agreement. "Mighty easy to get lost in this world and forget yourself if you aren't careful," he says but there's no smile to go with that particular comment, just another swig of his drink, finishing off the beer he had managed to pay for before Chambers had bought him the stout.

19. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
+ Reply to Thread