Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    (Autumn: Illusory Candle flames)
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●
    Source less, sorcerous candle flames flicker in and out.

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3
    Fighting style: Brute Force 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

For all good intentions, not having somewhere to practice safely meant waiting for folk to clear out of the park. Which coincidently would also be Kray’s first visit beyond fleeting walk throughs to have a gander at Autumns hollow.

And so a beaten up Ford Vedette With dented body work and mismatched tyres pulls in and parks. The engine cutting out sounds almost relived as does the suspension as Kray heaves himself from the driver’s seat. He’s wearing Very casual attire with the exception of his hat. Heading to the boot of his car he pulls out his long coat but not to wear today it is stuffed with bedsheets and belted tight with two coat hangers sticking out the top facing in opposite directions. An improvised punching bag. Slung over a shoulder from a distance it kind of looks like a body.

Finding his way he will wonder slowly around looking for the spring sovereign whom he had said he would teach to fight
    Ogre:GristleGrinder/Troll Preadators Gaze

2. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Was Sera excited to be learning to fight, again? Yes, she was. Others had helped her in the past learn to throw a punch and take one. But while some teachings had stuck, she still struggled, but refused to give up. Sure, she could talk her way out of most situations, charm people and render them utterly useless under her beauty. But she wanted more, she wanted to be able to fight, with her fists.

The dark Tahoe pulls in, and the Nix hops out, dressed in gym clothes, her long hair in twin French braids down her back. The question is…was there anything she couldn’t look good in? Answer? No, she looked good in everything and anything she wore, joys of being a Fairest.

It was hard to miss Kray, he was huge and stood out. A translucent hand is held up in greeting, “Sorry, hope I’m not late.” A gym bag slung over her shoulder as she walked over to him. “What’s that?” pointing to the thing over his shoulder.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes liked this post
    New Identity:● ● John Donoghue
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    A giant of a man (7ft 6'), broad as a barn (300lb) his muscles are not things curated for gym selfies but thick from use and abuse. The jug jaw can be said to be his most flattering feature, after the badly broken nose, limp locks of hair and sharp shattered teeth. He wears a long poorly made overcoat, suspenders keep trousers up over a ill fitting white work shirt. A battered fedora is his only accessory.
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mask: a battered brown moth eaten fedora, the hat band looks like a band of sackcloth has been wound around it.

Mein: made of stitched red and brown leaves, 2 holes for his horn nubbins -- the scarecrows I pictured to be in place of the hat band, just a jumbled array of tiny standing and suspended sackcloth and straw people ringing the main body of the hat.
    Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

Standing an inch or so taller and broader than its already giant mask the blubbery ashen skin, splotched with chitinous scabs and bulbous fleshy worts look almost diseased. Wild and matted lichens and moss form a tangled mane of hair and beard. Thick trunk like, twisted, arms of exaggerated length, end in vast hands with dark chipped nails. The pillar like legs bow slightly. A barrel chest and obese gut only add to the immensity of the creature. A broad jaw houses a chaotic array of sharp and curving teeth resembling shards of stone that prevent complete mouth closure ensuring they are always on display. The flat squashed nose leads to the sickly yellow sclera of the vast bulbous eyes and pupils more akin to fragments of flint, in turn overshadowed by nubbin horns protruding from a wide forehead

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

The angelic voice catches his attention easily. An he will wave back. 'No. Not at all. Your in good time.' Tied her hair back. Sensible. Even in sports gear the spring sovereign took the idea of fairest to a whole new level and Kray loses focus for just a moment. It doesn't make him look less predatory, just a little vacant. 'Ah. You been keeping well.' Recovering himself enough for pleasantries.

'Hm. Oh this.' He easily hefts the makeshift thing so he can hold it up. It being about as long as he is tall so closer to eight feet then seven. 'Uh. I figured learning the way I did was not a good idea.' The best way but to be avoided. Bulbous eyes narrow and toothy maw scowls as the half remembered events push against his train of thought. 'And I don't own a punching bag so I improvised one.' It was not a long term solution but should do for the evening. 'There a good place to hang this where it shouldn't swing loose?'

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“Great!” she always worried she was running late at times. Her mind one easy to distract. The vacant look was noted, but she doesn’t say anything. For all she knows, he could have a lot on his mind. Even with his imposing height and size, his deep voice commanded attention. “As well as I can. How about you?” more curious about him.

Sapphires watch as he holds it up, taking it in. “The way you learned?” but between his eyes and tooth scowl, she quickly nods, “Ah, ok.” Shifting her bag, “Oh, I have one, I could have brought it.” It hadn’t seen much use in a couple months, close to a year. “After my, uh, last practice session, it was recommended I get one, so I did.” Had built a herself a home gym and everything. “But, I think there are some secure beams over one of the picnic areas. The tables are easy enough to move. Would that work?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

As I can. They had only met a handful of times but her answer was both comforting and a cause for mild concern. That he was already so invested in her wellbeing as much a surprise as anything to the Ogre. 'Uh. Well that's good. Still if you need anything don't hesitate to reach out.' What are you doing moron she has friends and courtiers for that. 'Me. I've doing been doing well thanks for asking.' He could stop there but doesn't. 'Been getting out and about. Doing this and that. Started looking in those stores you mentioned for books.' I mean I wanted to look for books, it was just taking the advise of someone who knows the city.

He grunts. But Sarah is so easy to talk does relent and answer. The question seemed so innocent after all. And it's only fair she knows what she's learning from. 'Life or death combat. Loser got eaten.' He didn't recall specifics or nuances but the general premise was ingrained deep. Or starved to death to be eaten themselves.

'Oh. Would have been smarter to ask I guess. Ah. well next time.' He'll head over to the indicated picnic area. 'Yup. This'll do just fine.' And grab a table with his free hand pulling it across the ground with ease, if creating an nasty noise as it grated against whatever surface was beneath.

9. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The smile she offers was one of warmth, “Thank you for the offer! That’s really nice of you, and I’ll let you know.” From her tone, it was clear she would, in fact, let him know. Sapphires widen in excitement, “You have? And? Find anything worthwhile? Or well, more importantly, been enjoying them? Personally, I could spend hours in those stores. Reading has always been a passion, and finding a book that has been forgotten is amazing.” Finding something with a bit of magic to it was difficult, but not unheard of.

Her golden, gilded face loses a shade or two, but she doesn’t back away. “I’ve heard those are some of the real tests, the ones you truly learn from. Not that I would be eager to be in one, but I’m glad you survived yours.” It had to have been horrendous for him, but, here he was. And that said a lot of his strength and character to her.

“I’ll just bring it next time. Or maybe Funderland needs an employee gym or something.” She guessed Summer had one, but it felt rude to ask to use their area. Following, she drops her bag and proceeds to try and move a picnic table as well. Obviously not with as much ease and success as Kray, but the Nix was trying, and it moved a bit. Not pulling it with one hand, or two, but more pushing it. It was kind of comical actually, sure, she was tall, but not strong, but her determination was there.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Once again struck by how genuine and caring the Fairest comes across, is. Kray is almost angry at himself for doubting she would respond any other way. He just nods once. A simple movement to say he had heard, appreciates, and the offer stands should she ever need to call on it.

'Uh. No. Not yet. But I've only recently got started. I wasn't expecting to be tripping over tomes of interest.' Especially on this side of things. 'Kids books mostly. Stories I know already. Not what I'm looking for.' Not the commonly told versions anyway. 'Something will turn up I reckon.' Perseverance would be key. 'And if not. Well I'll have a very good idea where to find a bedtime story should I ever need one.' Unusually light hearted for him. But Sarah was very good company, not dark, or dangerous seeming like most he had known.

Well she's got the sense to fear, and the bravery to face it. Good. He grunts. 'Surviving them.' Plural. 'Is a better way to think of it then tests.' He could not recall how many times his keeper had thrown him and another into those situations, they blurred in his head. 'That's part of what will help you fight. A will to survive.' Realising how that could sound coming from him. 'Don't worry we won't be doing either today.' Death matches and cannibalism were not on the lesson plan.

He will watch her push for a few moments. So this might be harder then I thought. He will not move to help but does offer some advise. 'Uh. bend your knees more and push from the ground, use it as an anchor.' Then pulling the coat hangers apart enough to get them round a beam he will reach up making use of his great height and hang the makeshift punching bag. 'Ah. Okay lets see what you can do.' He had never taught before but this had the airs of a good idea to the Ogre.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A quick nod, “It can be hard to find treasures, but I’m glad you’re not giving up! I’m sure something will make itself known and be just what you’re looking for. Personally, I haven’t had any luck, but I’ve known others who have.” Sometimes you were lucky, sometimes you weren’t. Laughing, light and musical, “A good way to look at it. Never know when one of those will come in handy.” Some were good for trading, “I’ve seen some use them to trade with.” But, like with most things, it was finding the right hob.

The word struck her…them. She notes it, files it away and just offers a shallow nod. But didn’t they all have tests at some point? “Oh, I have that, never doubt that. Been many times I should have died and kept fighting.” It was what made her, well, her. “Not saying it’s the same though.” Different circumstances, and in no way diminishing what he went through. A small smirk, “Oh good, I wasn’t mentally prepared for either.” Nope.

Looking up at the advice, she then looks to her knees and nods. Thing with Sera, she can take advice and will do what he recommends, finding it easier to get the table moving. “Much easier.” But being strong wasn’t her thing. She didn’t even have Contracts to make herself stronger.

That done, she opens her bag and takes out the boxing tape she trains with, carefully, and expertly, wrapping her hands. Walking to the make shift bag, she stretches her arms before lining herself up as she had previously been taught. And that had been jabs, basic ones, done with counting in her head. Plus, she even remembered to throw her hip into each jab. The first few weren’t the best, she was out of practice, but she soon found her footing.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Just.One.Bite.)
    Hidden Life
    Distinctive Voice
    (Baritone)
    Giant
    Mantle
    Kray

Mask
    Hedgespun

Hedgespun

Fedora 0 Dot

Mantle

Mantle (Autumn) ●

Other merits of note:
    Iron Stomach
    Strong Back
    Pledge Smith 3

Contacts:
    Criminals
    Finance

Allies:
    Criminals 2
    Finance 1
    Mein

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gristlegrinder Troll

Her praise, the same as any other, wasn't the same was it, not when it was said in the voice of angel, with all the warmth and sincerity of one. If angels were either warm or sincere, and if they weren't they could talk a lesson from the fairest. 'Uh. I will or I won't. But definitely won't if I don't try.' Magic wasn't abundant here. The awe muted by mortal colours. He needed to look for it. 'Ah. Either way I don't like dealing with the hobs.' He waves his big hands dismissively. 'Not their fault I know. But still.' Voice lowers to something of a grumble. 'Always trying to rip me off.' Its not how I learnt to do business.

That. That surprised him. 'Huh. Well Erm. I'm glad you did.' Or else we wouldn't have met. 'Survived I mean.' Come on think your sharper then this big guy. He distracts himself by making sure the ground is clear. Wouldn't want a stray bit of rubbish to cut or trip.

Mentally prepared! I know she said try everything once but come on. That has him looking up again. 'If you have the choice fight to the death or option B. Option B is better in most cases.' Autumn had taught him that. Fight smarter as well as harder. 'And Um. I'm going to tell you what I tell myself every day just encase you ever are mentally ready for it.' Pause. 'Don't. Eat. People.' That's it. But he says with a stern conviction, and a hint of self loathing.

He watches for a little while. Someone taught her fancy footwork and how to jab. 'So. Not a novice then.' But I don't think she's just humouring me either. He stills the makeshift bag with one hand and leans down. Casting his shadow long in the evening light. 'Stop hitting the bag.' For a moment hats all the advise she gets.

But it soon becomes clear he's winding up to demonstrate. Rotating shoulders and for the first time taking his hat to keep it off he hangs it off the end of one of the tables allowing the lichens that dangle en mass from his head to hang freely easily caught in a light breeze. The ogre doesn't wind up, his approach is as causal as any walk. But ...

Demo punch 6 successes

The blow is explosive and sudden. He drives his fist into the bag. buries it deep, aiming at something behind. He to has twisted his body into the blow but unlike a boxer or marital artist not to dodge but to sacrifice all defence and put his full and considerable weight behind the blow. Little more then the quietest grunts come from the Ogre as the bag can't take the force and is torn from the beam to be sent flying away.

Kray has str 4, brawl 4 and 3 dots in Fighting style: Brute Force He is trying to demonstrate the 2nd and first dot abilities.

'The bag is not the target, the bag is the obstacle. The thing between you and survival. Remove the obstacle. Hit so hard it can't hit back. And reach your goal. Survival.' That was the problem with jabs. All well and good in a ring but if they didn't stop something nastier it just got a chance to try and kill you.

16. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was the hint of a smirk, “I’ve always loved trading with them, but I deal with them quite a bit for Hedgespinning materials.” Could they be ripping her off? It was possible. But it was still fun for her. “But sorry they’re always trying to rip you off, that’s annoying.” It did suck, but Hobs were, well, Hobs.

“Surviving is the best revenge in my opinion. Well, there’s a few other good ones, but surviving is right at the top.” For her anyways.

“Oh, I agree one hundred percent. I’m no warrior.” She accepted that about herself. “If I can talk my way out of a situation, I would much rather do that.” Every time. But she knew she would not always be able to do that and would have to defend herself. Sapphires blink a few times, “Uh, noted.” The thought had never crossed her mind.

A bob of her head, “Not a complete novice. I’ve had a few people try and teach me some of the basics. How to safely throw a punch and not break my hand, how to lean into it, those types of things. Last guy I sparred with outside the gym didn’t go so well, so I’m slowly getting back into it.” But maybe there would come a day when she would throw in the towel and admit she’d never be a fighter again.

As he stilled the bag and told her to stop hitting it, she did as he directed.

But as he hits, well, destroys, the bag with his punch, the Nix instinctively steps back. Sure, she’d seen some powerful hits before, been on the receiving end of one even, but such raw strength was, well, terrifying. For her, it was more terrifying than his appearance.

Eyes slowly move from the bag, now no longer attached to the pole, and back to Kray, a mixture of wonder and fear in her sapphires. “Well, I would love to hit hard. But I lack the strength to hit that hard.” She could admit it, “But if you want me to try, you might need to reattach it.” The corners of her lips pulling into a small smile.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

18. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread