WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Speed: 9
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

[A delivered letter, sealed with purple and gold wax. A monogrammed “Q” pressed into the wax. Sealed to the letter by said wax, a sprig of Box Tree (Stoicism), Red Clover (Industry), and Garden Sage (Esteem)

The letter inside is hand written in a smooth and flowing script.]

Unto Mister Milton Northbridge, Whip of the Ventrue

I send your greetings on this cold January evening in the hopes that it finds you well.

As a newcomer to the domain, and as one newly risen, I wished to open up avenues of discussion and conversation. I find my evenings willed with much idleness and empty walls make for poor company and poorer conversation.

It is my hope that we might become better acquainted over the course of these next few years, as much for profitable business results as political. If memory serves, the Northbridges of old Boston were often heavily tied into the financial institutions of yesterday and I find myself wondering if such a connection remains true in unlife as it did in life. If so, I am in need of rebuilding a financial realm left to rot with the passing of a former servitor.

I remain, your ob’dt,

R. Quartermain, Alder Soldier of the First Estate

2. Likes Endymion liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

An envelope is returned to Robert. Inscribed over its seal: the initials "MN" in neat script. The characters are whole, the message is undisturbed.

Inside, the letter is written in that same, precise manner. Blue ink. Also in the envelope is a single, dried clove. Dignity. It adds a pleasing fragrance to the paper inside. The missive reads as follows:

Alder Robert Quartermain, Soldier of the First Estate,

I write to return your greetings. I was happy to receive them, though the nights here are never so cold as a lifetime (and some years more) of New England winters have trained me to expect. It is at turns pleasant and bittersweet, the ever-present warmth of this region. I am sure you understand the sentiment.

I am flattered at your invitation to converse and am pleased to accept the offer. I am fairly certain I will prove better company than your walls. Your knowledge of my family is both correct and surprising. As you state, the Northbridge name has been present in the world of finance for many years. Likewise, it has been entangled with the blood of our Family for almost the same duration. At present, I carry on this tradition as best I am able.

Let us plan to discuss these, and other matters, in the near future. Just now my nights are very busy. For this, I apologize. At the first opportunity, I will contact you to arrange a meeting. In the meantime, should you urgently require assistance or counsel, you will find my card enclosed. Do not hesitate to contact me.

With Reciprocal Esteem,
    Mr. Milton Northbridge, Whip of the Ventrue

Milton is currently at the scene limit. As soon as a slot opens, he'll reach out to Robert for a meeting. Looking forward to it!
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

4. Likes liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

A few months after Milton's initial reply to Robert, another communication arrives in the same condition as the first.

Alder Robert Quartermain, Soldier of the First Estate,

Please excuse the brevity of this letter. I write only to tell you that, happily, I am now available to meet with you as initially discussed.

I have taken the liberty of securing us a room where we may enjoy a private conversation at the Sawyer Hotel, [address and room number], on the evening of [date]. A key card will be waiting for you at the front desk.

Should you need to reschedule, or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at [phone number]. Otherwise, I look forward to speaking with you.

In Anticipation,
    Mr. Milton Northbridge, Whip of the Ventrue

I'll get the scene up sometime today!
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

+ Reply to Thread