(Grand Opening) Some steps aside
Feb 16, 2022 - Mar 8, 2022
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush!, 

NOS
    PRE

Helen's grin widens a little as Connor thanks her.

"Aw, you know I wouldn't miss it for the world, really." Her eyes shortly turn to the third man in their midst as Connor refers to him as Robert. "Alright, I'll do that !"

Ah, dammit, that old-fashioned-y hand-y thing-y... She's never really figured out how to properly react to it. So she just does what she does best waiting it out and hoping it doesn't get too awkward. Waaaay to go... Quartermain, hm ? Rings a bell... Anyway, is she acquainted with Connor ? Well, what a question.

"Well, yeah, you know how everyone seems to have this cousin in the boondocks you never really knew about until you meet 'em ? He's mine. Or I'm his, depends on who you ask about it, really." She chuckles. "So, where do you know Connor from ? And what do you drink ? Got a tip on some worthwhile stuffs ?"

Not that she doesn#t have some favourite drinking orders, but hey, why not see what else is there, right ? She gets a short glimpse on some guy in a pretty, well, creative costume at the bar as she looks towards the entrance, but that's about it.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Speed: 9
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

He rose from the gesture over Kingsley’s hand, letting her recover her hand after a single moment – clearly an intention to not ‘overstay a welcome’ of sorts as he listened to her reply and tried to not let the confusion about what a boondock might be show on his face.

” And what do you drink ? Got a tip on some worthwhile stuffs ?"
    Cigar smoke and the acrid tang of the scent of gin rolled into his memories from somewhere in the back like a physical thing, his expression distant for a single moment before a warm laugh bubbled out of him – almost as if a surprise to himself.

“You will forgive me, I hope, but I prefer an Old Fashioned, prepared… well, in the old fashion. Bourbon, granulated sugar, water, bitters, and a single orange peel.”
    His expression sobers a little, though the air of amusement on the topic, not amused at her, per se, but the slightly more relaxed atmosphere remains.

“We met at the… office,” he replies, glancing towards Connor, as if to check that is the publicly acceptable terminology. “I am… rather new in town.”

Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

(Blush; Consume Food/Drink)Vitae 2 Spent
    PRE

Conner had to hand to to O'Brien: the Haunt certainly knew how to make the classics work in the ultra-modern atmosphere of Sacramento.

He provides his VIP card to the bouncer, smiling warmly through his freshly Blushed face. He's dressed in a button-down and dress slacks; classy but still flexible. Shadows hate confinement; at least of movement. Who knows what we'll see in here.

Already it looks like the club has quite a crowd. Conner weaves carefully through with the practiced ease of an urbanite explorer and makes his way to the bar to order a drink. "Bourbon please, on the rocks." If 'Sofia' shows up, she'll get the joke. Conner takes stock of who stands out and who doesn't. He recognizes O'Brien, but he sees the Haunt in conversation with another patron; a short but hearty man. Conner raises his drink to the gracious host, but otherwise doesn't interrupt. He knows Helen, and recognizes Quartermain from last Court. The new Ventrue. There's a lanky, colorful man who hops up to the bar that Conner doesn't recognize. He's pretty sure he'd remember someone that noisy. Damn superhuman hearing!

Two more familiar faces enter, one of whom Conner recognizes from a particularly fun night at the Ten Ten Room last year. Chris? Was it? And...Priscus Hazleton? My my, what company we keep. Conner slides away from the bar and crosses towards the couple. "Hello, Chris. I'm Conner; we briefly met at the Ten Ten Room a few months back. How are you doing?" He looks over to Jennifer with a nod, though nowhere near as formal as it would normally be. "Hi, I'm Conner. I think we may have crossed paths before, what's your name?" He gives Jennifer the benefit of the doubt to answer or refuse as she sees fit. Though with his previous experience, Kindred could have any number of nicknames they used in social settings.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

5. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt smiles as Quartermain goes through his preferred drink order. There's a light air tonight as people filter in and begin enjoying themselves, and that's what he's in this for; that and the money. His gaze meets one of the unoccupied bartenders and he speaks with a jerk of the head to Quartermain. "Top shelf, on the house." As the bartender gets to work on Quartermain's drink, the haunt looks back over the crowd, noticing who all is filtering in.

He spots Jennifer but makes no move to interrupt her natural flow into the establishment; though there is a raise of the brow as he sees her company for the night. Fond memories of the night at the Ten Ten Room flood his mind, leaving behind a wistful smile; fitting for the emotions he's felt in the more recent nights between then and now. Such is the nature of near immortality, I suppose.

His eyes are torn away as a rather loud, in voice and dress, man enters the bar. To each their own, he supposes. Grey Goose, the vodka for those who want to believe they're high class; it works for the man to a degree.

Last to enter, for now, is the Priest. Bourbon on the Rocks. Maybe there is some class in the papal Mekhet after all. The Haunt returns the raised glass with a nod and turns back to the small fellow that had toasted him earlier.

Continued in (Grand Opening) at the bar...
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

7. Likes Ruach, Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

The little guy asks his name and Worm turns to him a with an easy smile, "Charlie Wiggles. You can call me Charlie. Mr. Wiggles. Or CW. Whatever you prefer..."

Continued in (Grand Opening) at the bar...

9. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

" Dangerous? Me?" A smile that had a touch of genuine amusement. Her supernatural Curse clung to the words.

A moment of decision. She lingered in it. Felt it. It came with the decision to accept someone as truly gone. She had been able to decide what to do about that later. Now later was here.
    "You may." Jennifer responded to Chris, studying him for a moment. A hand accepted with lady like grace.

"Good evening, Conner."

She has toyed with an alias around some friends of a dear friend. A delicious decision. Autumn eyes tick around the room, noting anything that would impede the answer.

She notes Matthew's gesture to Chris. She tilts her head in a small bod to him, acknowledging him. Connor was given a full nod. Helen and Quartermain were acknowledged with a slight nod.

"Jennifer." She replies with composure.

11. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

A shadow darkened the door of Nuit D'Encre. A figure draped head to toe in thick black veils of tulle like someone fresh from a gothic wedding. The form underneath was almost completely obscured from view. Yet a daunting aura of unease greeted all who gazed upon the haunting sight.

Bellemy could feel the pull of the beast as other predators metaphysically barked their claims. The ever present reflex to fight or flee was diminished today and the pressure to eviscerate the other Kindred was easy to overcome. The room was full with other creatures of the Danse but thankfully none who were not known. The whole clan had come in support of Conner's endeavor. so Bellemy could hardly afford to miss it.

Just coming out to this event, filled with all walks of people was dangerous for the Haunt and it took great effort to fight the urge to hide from the crowd, Bellemy resisted the natural instincts that came with years of being different from society and walked head high, albeit covered, through the room. Heedless of the inevitable sideways looks.

The haunt found Jennifer, who was speaking to someone Bellemy did not know. The nights sustenance perhaps? Connor was busy playing host which was fine. He had to know Bellemy had come in support and that was all that mattered. Helen was with him along with some other courtiers. I shouldn't cramp their style in public. Too many eyes with too many questions. Best to be the weird one all alone in a corner. came the thought.

Finding a spot in a quite section of the room, the haunt settled down and began to practice one of the more enjoyable pastimes. People watching.

Curse: See Minisheet

13. Likes Ruach, Origins, Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Was he used to Jennifer's voice by now? Yes, but he still almost flinched when he heard it for the first time this evening. He turned up the charm some more instead. "You honor me. Wanna see whether the VIP area is up to our standards?"
    Some more people poured in. Among them someone who definitely came.. fuck, was wearing a kimono being underdressed or overdressed for this event? Mis-dressed, maybe? Anyway, that guy seemed to be here to party.
    And beelined straight to Tiny . Who then smiled and cheered at Crystal. Huh. Yeah okay, the Warlock could see how that guy had his life all figured out and was a better match for Matthew. A 400 Watt smile was shone back at the bar.

Then another twink came and chatted him and Jennifer up. Claimed he knew them. "Yeah, I remember you." Ish. "Nice to meet you again, Conner. Jennifer and I were just heading to the VIP area - I don't know about you, but I am thirsty for some gin tonic. Dry as can be."
    Or was it bitter? Nah, Crystal was having a blast. If she didn't object he'd lead Jennifer towards the other bar to order a stiff drink, carefully navigating around that blotch of negative energy hidden by a veil. What the fuck. "So, Conner. Out to have some fun again? Where is that lady you hung out with last time?" Because one way or another, Crystal was going to find himself a consolation prize tonight.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

15. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush!, 

NOS
    PRE

Helen grins as Robert asks for her forgiveness, figure of speech or not.

"I can do that, it doesn't sound too horrible. I guess the name fits the bill." She turns a little to address the woman behind the bar. "An Old Fashioned without frills for him, a Salty Dog for me, please." That haveing been taken care of, she focuses on her new companion again. The office... true, true. Funny how that works she has almost asked him if he knows Connor from work. But then, they're not here to discuss work or who has the most uncomfortable-ness inducing department head, are they now ?

Because even if she had one ? No contest, he'd win.

"It takes a while to get settled in. I got here in May last year and am now at a point where I'm comfortably set up. Always a little much at the beginning, neh ? Have you already made a few plans what to do with that time off you get ? Or you're one of those folks who like their work so much that time off is anathema to them ?" She takes the sting of impending seriousness out with a little wink at the end to make sure he knows she's not being completely literal. "Most folks who do that are doctors and lawyers, you don't really look like one of those." she elaborates.

Sidethread ?

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn and Twist were fashionably late. Quinn had rented a vehicle that she was pretty sure most would never think she would drive, a truck. She was taking a nod from The Prince's advice on having a range of vehicles at her disposal for her duties as Reeve. It was a full size, fully loaded, beast and yet absolutely luxurious. They found parking, and walked the chilly night together to the bar. Breezing through the entrance with bells on. Quinn's hand was firmly on the small of Twist's back as they entered together.

Quinn was dressed conservatively, as she always did for dates. Her usually curly hair was flat ironed out to a high glossy shine, and her eye makeup was dramatic for evening, her full lips were supple but not painted, as Quinn wanted to tempt the gorgeous woman at her side to kiss her. A painted lip was a dressed lip, but a naked lip was a flat invitation.

She wore two pieces of Jewelry tonight, both in silver and deep blue. A tennis bracelet and ring on her right hand. The orientation of said ring was with the heart facing outward. Both honoring two individuals who were here this evening.

Quinn carried a gift for Mr. O'Brien tonight in her free hand. She would be deeply embarrassed if she didn't give him something to celebrate a successful opening! The small box was square and deep. Definitely something with the Haunt in mind! If he chose to open it there, it contained a beautiful pocket watch from a company in business making them since the early 1800's. It had an engraving on one of its sides. (yes it had two ways of opening it) The engraving said 'All things in their own time.'

The duo paused surveying the room to find their host first, and waited for Connor to finish any conversations before Quinn would congratulate him and present his gift.

Given permission from Deltadream to narrate that they arrive together!

19. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread