A package arrives, addressed to the Nox - specifically, the office where Alessandra Antinori spends her nights. In the package there's a notebook filled with text and a letter. It reads:

"Your Majesty,

I regret to inform you that important duties to my Covenant call me away to the other side of the country on a very short notice. I will rest a bit easier knowing I do not leave behind any vacant posts, other than that of the Hierophant, or urgent Domain responsibilities, but there is one thing I would like to address.

Attached to this letter, you will find my notes on the Malocusian bloodline, a member of which has taken residence in the Folsom Prison. It accounts for the powers, habits, weaknesses and any other traits of these strange vampires. Hopefully, it'll prove useful in devising a plan and dealing with that threat to the Domain.

I certainly hope to return one night, but if I do not, then please know my stay here was pleasant and productive. Few cities are as accepting to new arrivals, other Covenants and other ideas as Sacramento is.

Respectfully yours,
Thomas Boyle

The contents of the notebook are essentially what can be found on the Malocusian bloodline and their Discipline of Domus on pp. 168-169 and 192-196 of the Invictus sourcebook. It is discussed in some detail in this scene