11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Shadow Meeting

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Ishani stands, surprised, at Eric's entrance.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know there was a new face,"
    she offers, looking apologetic.

"Please, have a seat. I'm Ishani, and these are Erika Brady, Martha Villiers, Thomas O'Conner, and Conner Greyson," she continues, pointing at each as she does the introductions.

"Anyway, uh, yeah, sit down. We're trying to decide on a new Priscus."

So saying, she resumed her own seat, looking around.

OOC
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha sat in silence as Conner made his pitch. She's heard more than a few speeches in her time, but this...well: it was to the point...brief...but...stimulating? Did it inspire and persuade her to cast a vote? His calm monotone was reassuring in many ways and in many circumstance. Yet, for all this, her silence deepened, the arrival of Eric, however, brought about a visible change in her attitude.

A smile and she merrily patted the chair next to her with an excited glee, as if in invite to sit by her, all smiles and friendliness...her English accent chirps away; "Oh, you made it, sir! Goodness! Please....please do sit! You have just perhaps missed the speech of the main advocate for the role of Priscus...Mr Greyson here was just outlining his qualifications for the role! I say! Splendid you could make it! My name is Miss Villiers...Martha Villiers...I wonder: was anyone else offering a candidate for the role of Priscus? Or was Mr Greyson's advocacy that of the sole candidate?" she looks, smiling, about the room, another series of friendly hands gestures for Eric to sit.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Ishani and Erika both indicate they have no interest.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

Thomas sat in his chair, listening to Conner speak, his fellow Deputy and Coterie mate making an interesting case for Clan Priscus. While he might have reservations about how Greyson handled his feud with Von Schusten, his fellow Soldier's work as the Hound of Citrus Heights and his understanding of the nature of the Clan were points in the man's favor.

"I have no intention of seeking the position."

t
    templeten

"Thank you Miss Villers." Eric performs a mental snap shot of each of the gathered kindred applying the appropriate name to each one. Then quickly takes the offered seat next to the excitable and petite vampire.

As he listened to Conner give his speech he couldn't help but frown just a fraction. The man spoke well, but there was very little in the way of substance to his words. He raised his hand to indicate he wanted to speak. Staying silent until he had the floor then stands.

Seeing as it appears no one intends to challenge your nomination, and asking this may be moot but while you have described the roll of Priscus, very aptly, you have given us a lot of what but not any how. How do you intend to the job. Are you going to attempt to some how get the entire clan access to the Invictues Guild Meisters? Or maybe you plan to collectively gain the clan feeding and tenancy rights from one of the Regents? If so what kind of boons do you plan on offering on our behalf? Or are you going to start a half-way house for new Mekhet who have yet to establish a haven in the city? As he said each of these things he ticked them off his fingers like bullets on a list. His voice is nether condescending or rude. If anything he sounds like a teacher asking a student to please show your work. Or do you simply plan on being a mentor who any and all Mekhet can come to for guidance? Obviously some of those things are more attainable than others but my point is that you speak of guiding the clan but you haven't told us where you intend to lead us. Then again I am new to this city and may simply be speaking out of turn. With that he returns to his seat.

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner looks and listens to the newcomer speak and nods along with the words. Conner admires the mans polite tone of voice and words he is speaking. Conner stands as the words conclude, “Mr. Hastings, allow me to properly introduce myself. I am Soldier Conner Greyson of the First Estate. I am also Hound Conner Greyson, loyal servant and protector of the Domain or Citrus Heights, under the purview of Regent Erika Brady.”

Conner looks to the room, “I do not tell you these things to gloat or to impress, but merely to illustrate my position in the Domain of Our Most Honorable Prince Clarke.”

“Clan Mekhet has a long and Noble history in the domain and I will do my very best to continue that tradition. I will offer safe haven and assistance to any Mekhet if it is needed. I will assist with education and act as a mentor of our people who may require or request it. Will I offer up my clan with a boon, no I will not. I look around this room and I see people who do not need me to make their decisions for them. For example we have before us two of the most powerful and established Kindred in the city.” Conner says with deference to his elders.

“You ask me if I will work toward gaining our people collective feeding or tenancy rights? Regent Brady has given us feeding rites in her domain. For that we are grateful. Will I work toward gaining the Clan more power and prestige. Of course I will.” Conner said with confidence and a tone of honesty in his voice.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Ishani looked as if she were trying not to laugh as the newcomer spoke, finally settling into an amused expression.

As Conner finished, she swiveled her chair to face Eric.

"Well then, let's hear your pitch."

t
    templeten

It's amazing how quickly a your perception of a person can change. One minuet Ishani Naetesh had simply been a beautiful woman who had introduced herself and the others when he entered the Reverence, that quickly changed when Mr. Greyson referred to her as Herald. Now the woman Changed again. Why you contemptible hell spawned ogress. I just got here. I'm not ready for this yet. I still need months of intelligence gathering, time to get a feel for the political climate, to make allies, to earn a reputation for myself. I just questioned the man so that I could get a feel for the direction he aimed to take the clan. Not to challenge his claim. And yet your the Herald which means if you tell me to give a pitch I have to give one... this is so...so... ghaaa! Eric's face turns to stone for a brief second after being asked to make a claim for the Priscus seat.

Eric closed his eyes as he scrambled to form cohesive speech in his head A second later they opened, he stood, with strength and conviction in his voice, he addressed the room again. "It would appear that Hound Greyson holds me at a disadvantage." He bows respectfully to the man. "He is a recognized member of the local kindred community, holding both title and esteem. He understands the skein of the cities politics, and he has had the chance to know you all on a personal level. I on the other hand am a stranger, with only the sincerity of my voice to give weight to my words. I am also ignorant of cities power dynamics. As shown by my being unaware of Regent Bradys charity. However in spite of all these short comings, I still, for one reason, feel that I am the more qualified for the roll of Priscus. I have vision. Twice now Hound Greyson has spoken. Both times he failed to offer a sense of what direction he planes to lead the clan. Or more accurately his planes amount to I'll "work toward gaining the Clan more power and prestige."" Eric paused, when he begins again his voice is softer, still full of conviction and spirit just with all the rough edges taken out. "Sadly though I must admit to hypocrisy. For all I berate Hound Greysons for not having a plan for our future, I also do not. I am a stranger. I do not know any of you as you know each other. I do not know your individual strengths or weaknesses. I do not know your goals or ambitions. To claim that I know what would be the best path for our clan to take would be an unforgivable display of hubris. But given the chance I will get to know all of you. I will learn how to best allow ones strength to compensate for anothers weakness, and to best weave all our skills together to best achieve all our ambitions. If... you give me the chance." With that Eric returned to his seat.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha stopped fidgeting with her hat and watched, wide eyed, as this unfolded. Had she not seen this: had she had to rely only a second-hand account, she wondered if she'd have believed the anecdote.

Leaning forward in her seat she took a greater interest in Eric's words. He had asked the self same questions she had. Martha stole a look to the Regent...then Eric, then Conner...then to her hat.

Whatever was about to happen next...Martha understood that Eric was formidable and that, in the space of a few minutes, had changed things considerably. One thing, Martha told herself, in a vernacular phrase she'd come to enjoy, we'll all have to raise our game now...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

PRE

Thomas sat back in his chair content to watch as the new arrival challenged Conner on almost everything he himself would have called his Coterie mate on, allowing him to seek more of the answers he wished to hear without coming forward with a question. In truth Deputy O'Connor was glad the "kid" had stepped forward with his remarks since it would force Greyson to turn his words into something with real meaning. It was always nice when someone came forward to save him from directly clashing with a Coterie mate.

"Mr. Hasting, you accuse Mister Greyson of lacking vision and say that you possess that quality yet while he offers ideas that are within his ability to bring to pass, you ask for a chance to "get to know" all of us. Within a month Mister Greyson might very well have his own Domain within the city, an area were he could offer the Clan hunting rights and tenancy. He has patrolled the Domain of Regent Brady to keep the area where our clan current enjoys hunting privileges clear of problems." Thomas' tone is reasoned and calm.

"You have also asked those of us present here to for our support and yet offer us only your name. You said that Mister Greyson has not offered a direction for the clan and yet while he speaks about how his talents can be used for the benefit of the entire clan, you have not spoken a single word on your own qualifications for the role." The gentleman seemed alright and Thomas thought well of his ability to think on his feet after being put in a tough spot, however in the aftermath of Von Schusten he could not overlook Eric's lack of effort in putting his own skills forward. The last thing the clan needed was another Priscus who took the whole Mekhet in the Shadows stereotype a little too literally.

"That was not meant as an attack, our clan has had enough feuding lately, and I am sure that the ability to think on your feet that you've shown here will make you an asset to the Shadows of the Domain."

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread