261 - 270
DISPLAYED
(1102) Red & White Court

Page 27 of 31 First ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

As the Dog latches onto Heathcliff, the Haunt falls, Torpid.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"I'd rather wait until such a meeting takes place," Asa replied, shaking his head slightly and glancing over at Max.

"Sometime within the next month, preferably," he qualified.

Ishani's lips thinned in disapproval of the whole spectacle. While she had no issue with steel being used to make the decision, having the most secretive of Clans forced out into the open for public scrutiny was intolerable. Wordlessly, she sat, her eyes flashing in anger.

Crossing her arms, Erika shook her head at the retreating form of Wilhelm, rolling her eyes slightly. What had the man expected, conducting a straw poll of strangers? Especially of her, after reviling her Hound?
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Noticing the new face standing and waiting on the Prince's pleasure, Argent eases over.

"It may be a while,"
    he offers, gesturing to all the dueling going on, including the impromptu Mekhet expose.

"So what's your story when you're not imitating furniture?"

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

QuoteQuote:
    Victoria had been standing nearby watching events of the evening while talking with one of the new arrivals. As Conner issued his challenge and turned the evening into a three ring circus Victoria stood silently, her face an impenetrable mask. She trusted that Wilhelm would quickly tidy things up and silence the upstart for disrupting events, however, she found that surprisingly her trust had been misplaced.

Disapproval grew on her face as her inner wasp ate away at her calm demeanor and for once the woman inside her was inline with the inner creature's whims. The ventrue held up a finger to the neonate asking for a momentary delay.

"Forgive me, it will be just a moment," she said her irritation level rising as max spoke. Max was not the source of her irritation, but the entire situation was.

"There will be silence!" The Seneschal commanded loudly and paused for a moment to make sure that no one decided to challenge her. She bowed her head briefly to the prince and the herald showing them that she was not speaking to them.

"My apologies Prince Clarke, Herald Naetesh," she said before raising her head.

"Regent Brady," Victoria said politely as her eyes passed over the woman showing her a measure of respect on her way to the focus of her anger. Then turning spoke with a calm controlled anger while focusing on both Conner and Wilhelm.

"Aparently Misterr Grayson feels that Mekhet family matters seem to take precedence over the events that his majesty himself is presiding over, while Priscus Von Schusten sees fit to extend and continue this disruption by turning this into a public debate. This is a royal court and you will both remember yourselves. This is not a Mekhet family meeting and you will not turn this into one by dragging your squabbling into a public forum.

Now a challenge has been made, and in the interests moving the evening forward and unless Mister Greyson has had a change of heart, is there an answer Priscus? Do we need to make a formal petition to the Prince for monomacy based on Mister Greyson's challenge for it if required?"

Victoria stood silently and expectantly waiting an answer to the questions she demanded. Despite how she might feel about those involved in the dispute, she was a Ventrue and the Seneschal so by God she was going to act like one.
    With Willhelm's departure, Victoria's face showed no emotion, no hint at what she might be feeling. She turned back to Alice and then slowly smiled pleasantly once again.

"My apologies Madam Brown. And like Mister O'Connor said it is Lady Seneschal, not Madam," The woman added helpfully. She wasn't sure if Alice had just not listened to the introduction given to her by Thomas, or if it was purposeful, but the ventrue was willing to overlook the first slip.

"Daeva? That would make the Good Judex Twist your clan head. That's her over there with the Prince," Victoria said indicating the woman in question. "I would wait for her to finish her conversation with him before approaching."

Victoria went on to describe all the laws of the domain word for word from memory as well as the elysium of the city.

"You will be expected to know all this as well as the various bounderies for the cities regencies if you do not wish to run afoul with them. As acknowledged you will have access to the Prince's public lands at his pleasure. If you want additional rights you will need to negotiate them with the regent in question. Any questions or concerns?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha stood watching things unfold. Rubbing at her leg and nodding to herself when hearing about the proposed meeting to decide the matter of the Priscus. Glancing over to Erika she gave the impressive lady some reflective thought; rubbed at her leg and quietly shuffled over to help remove the wounded from the catwalk space, and then tend to them.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Anton watched Staley fall and waited for the Bishop's dead flesh to curl into cinders; for his bones to crumble into dust. Drafts of speeches and sermons churned in his thoughts, fevered as they were by the things he'd seen in the sleep. Arrangements would need to be made, of course.

And then nothing.

The Haunt was visibly surprised when Staley remained intact. He stepped over to the Bishop and collected the carcass from the catwalk, the strangeness still flowing through ropey old muscles.

"Where can I set this body?" he asked the Keeper wearily.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

´No problem, I myself was a bit distracted by all the mekhet commotion, Lady Seneschal.´ Alice emphasized the ´lady´ but smiled friendly to show that she meant no offense.

Alice gave Twist a short look. ´Thank you, I´ll keep that in mind.´ Good to know that our Prince is a no-go area. It is not always like that.

Then she let the Seneschal waste her time by telling all the laws of the domain. It is not as if there were any strange things. Though Alice disliked the rule that she couldn't enslave a doctor to keep the rest of her herd alive. Time to search for an ex-doctor I guess. No matter how bored she was by Lady Stamford, she didn't show the boredom on her face.

Alice bowed her head when Victoria was finished.'I will remember the laws of the domain, thank you for informing me. Though I have one question. Are all the regents present this evening, or do they have wide known numbers everyone can call?' She wanted to settle down good, so the more Regents she knows the better.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

With the commotion of the Mekhet leadership over, Asa considered the two remaining contestants.

Finally, he stepped up onto the catwalk, taking car not to dirty his shoes on the red smears or gibbets that had been removed.

"We are left with the Hierophant Dirge and Mister Greyson,"
    Asa began, "And I thank everyone that participated."

"While the Hierophant has demonstrated the power of her Clan, I think it would be unsportsmanlike to ask her to continue against an opponent who has fought fewer rounds, and less... fearsome weapons."

There was every reason to continue, with the odds of bringing the Regency to the First Estate, and there being little or no benefit otherwise. Personally, he didn't care for such heavy-handed favoritism, nor would it be unreasonable for the entire Nosferatu clan to take offense at their champion being given the short shrift. Like the Mekhet, they had a distinguished history of standing when called upon for the Domain.

"I offer this compromise: both parties may agree to joint Regency, or we will re-schedule the final duel for one month from now," Asa concluded, but held up a finger.

"While you both consider that, I would like to make two more official appointments. Maximillian Heinz is now the Sheriff of the Domain, with full authority to enforce my Laws across the entire Domain. Know that hampering an investigation or failure to render aid to Sheriff can be construed as treason.

Secondly, that Mr. Giessen has left the Domain as well as Mr. Nagaraj. The Regency of Rosemont-Mather is bestowed upon my Seneschal, Lady Stamford."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was about to reply to Anton when the Prince made his announcements. Wide eyed she listened.

Curtseying: first to The Prince to acknowledge his proclamations and then to Max to acknowledge his promotion. Struggling with her curtsey, Martha nods again to Anton, smiling happily to him. Keeping her voice low, she makes careful hand gestures to the spaces close by, where she had earlier laid out the sheets for Kat to rest upon. "We can move him there, sir...thank you, sir. Very gentlemanly of you, sir!" she seems very pleased by this whole turn of events...the victories, the awarding of office and prestige...the help from Anton. Martha's brief smile lessens only when faced with the task of helping Anton gather the wreck of Staley.

Martha seemed to be about to help Anton lift the body up...but is surprised to see him heft the corpse himself. Visibly impressed by this sudden show of strength, she'll pause a moment to watch Anton...look at all the spattered blood and ragged flesh around...then, stepping around as much gore as possible, quietly hobble along, her leg dragging badly now, with Anton - to help clear a new space for the body to be laid down...with the intent to clean Staley up and dress his wounds soon enough. "I shall help Dirge, sir...I shall not neglect Mr Staley though and shall attend him shortly...I should, however, abide by time honoured tradition and help the victor first. Thank you very much for your help, sir!" Martha tried a meek smile to Anton and seems sincere in her thanks.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Player of the Month

Thomas O'Connor

Thomas took the news of the need for a Mekhet Family meeting stoically and with the knowledge that he'd suggested the idea to Von Schusten and the now former Priscus had thought it unnecessary. The Mekhet Whip hoped that there was not another interclan conflict brewing between the new Sheriff and Mister Greyson. He had a deep respect for both men, hell he'd almost been blown to bits with Max, and wished that his family could put the troubles of tonight behind them in order to stand tall to meet the standards set in past nights by Herald Naetesh and Regent Brady.

Thomas merely nods to Conner, his fellow Soldier of the First Estate, an acknowledgment of the man's victory in the tournament match and a slight smile over the successful challenge of the German. After that he offers a respectful nod to Max, the new Sheriff, and wondered if the man was in need of some Deputies. He offers a respectful nod to the Lady Seneschal and Regent. The Mekhet realizes that he still had more than a couple of Kindred to speak with tonight or during the coming evenings.

Page 27 of 31 First ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Last
Closed Thread