Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Need a weapon made?

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

"You in a hurry? It shouldn't take but an hour or so, I got a selection of punching spikes you can choose from in the back, usually I use them for handguards of swords or axes but they'll work in a pinch. If you wanna stay and watch me do it I'll understand, some people see their 'tools' as an extension of who they are, so I wont be bothered by the company."

"Sounds good to me," Tug nods. "I'll wait, if it's all the same to you. And if you've got a selection, ideally I'd like some that are short, simple, sharp, nothing too obvious or 'goth' or 'punk,' y'know?" he asks. He wonders if he's getting his point across adequately.

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

Mateo smiles at the broken explanation. "I know exactly what you mean, c'mon round back." He starts rooting around the shelfs until he sees a label that says 'make them bleeders' and pulls a large, rolled bundle.

He walks over to a table motioning for Tug to come look and unrolls the bundle. Within are about fifty different types of punching spikes, everything from half-inch non-descript peg-spikes, to four in long serrated, skull engraved deathdealers. He smiles at Tug and looks down at them. "Take your pick, doesn't matter which ones, I've obviously got plenty, so they'll be free of charge, only the labor fee for you, my friend. Only under one condition though, you tell your friends about me" Mateo says with a smile and a wink.

PRE

"Holy crap, man!" Tug exclaims, "I oughtta take the big ones just to shock the hell out of people. I appreciate the hook-up, man, and I do have some friends that would be interested in checking this place out." He laughs loudly and moves closer to examine his choices. In the end, he picks out a short, unadorned half-inch peg spike. "This one will do fine, though. I figure one for each finger? How much are we looking at?" He pulls the other knuckle out of his pocket and places it on the table, making it clear that the cost isn't an issue, but a formality.

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

Mateo laughs at Tug's comment on the shock factor. At his question of price, he picks the brass knuckles up and puts them both on, looking at Tug to make sure the man is okay with it. He tests the balance and weight of them on the hand before looking at the peg spikes. After a moment of mumbling to himself for a moment, mentally calculating the price in his head, he set them down and pulls eight of the spikes out, four for each knuckler. "I'd say for drilling the steel, reinforcing the spike brace, and installation, we'll go with seventy-five even, no tax."

As Tug arrives, Vincent finishes his cigarette, crushing the stub under his sneaker. He stays quiet during the exchange of Mateo and the big guy. Well, actually, they were both big guys, and the customer seemed familiar to Vincent from somewhere.

Heading inside, but to the front of the workshop and out of the way, Vincent goes to where his camera rests and begins to snap a few more shots of the building's interior, making sure he does not catch the brass knuckles being modified.

He had a certain feeling brass knuckles were not used in the 1700s, and nullifying Mateo's 'props' cover.

PRE

"Sounds fine," Tug agrees. "Oh, the name's Tug, by the way," he says, and offers Mateo a handshake. He hears the other man snapping pictures behind him, and for a moment he's worried that he's been recognized and the guy is trying to make a quick buck off of some photos of him. Then he remembers he's not that famous, and he can see that the guy isn't taking pictures of him.

"How's it goin, man?" he says with a nod in the shutterbug's direction.

Vincent lowers his camera and extends his hand, smiling.

"Vincent, nice to meet you."

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

"Buddy of mine." Mateo says to Tug before he gets a chance to ask. "Alright I'll leave you two to it, dont mind me." He says picking up a large hand drill made for use on metal.

He sits down on a bench and with a chalk pencil marks four evenly spaceed dots on each knuckler. He then starts drilling slowly, metal shavings falling to the floor as he does his craft.

Tug gives Vincent a hearty handshake. "Likewise, Vincent. So are you a partner in this venture, or a buddy of Mateo's?" He leans against a wall so he can watch Mateo do his thing and chat at the same time.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread