Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Need a weapon made?

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

"Well, its a living," he shrugs, deleting the one that Mateo pointed out, a bit put out he hadn't got a better one.

"How long have you been doing this for?" indicating the various blades.

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

"Since I was about fifteen, so I guess eleven years now, but profesionally about seven. Worked out of a shop in Crestview for the S.C.A. back when I was in Florida, but then lost my pack and wandered around for a couple years, before moving here."

"Do you need any special license or anything? I would've thought the authorites frown on weapons being made like this?"

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

"Yeah, technically you do, but aslong as you sell them as "battle-ready" prop blades, or training weapons, it isn't any different from owning a gun shop, or a pawnshop. I just say they're for display or S.C.A. training and it lets me get away with it pretty easy. Every once in a while I get a cop or stuff like that asking questions, but usually they dont bother too much. Though Tito, a sheriff back in Ft. Walton, he bought a couples axes and swords from me, that was pretty cool."

Mateo takes up a small chisle and carves small runes into the blade of the longsword, on one side he carves "Seeker of knowledge, may I serve you well in Red Wolf's name." in the First Tongue. On the other, "Always embrace change, adapt and overcome your foe."

He blows lightly on the blade, removing the tiny filings of metal and hands it to Vincent. "This is yours now pup, use it wisely, and as for the not knowing how, dont worry, that can be worked on."

Vincent gingerly takes the sword in his hand and has an urge to start swinging like a child, his imagination running wild. Smiling, he nods.

"Cheers, bud, this is awesome. You got some cloth I could wrap it in? Not even sure I could talk my way out of being caught with it on display," he chuckles.

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

Mateo smiles at the look on Vincents face. He walks over to the back room and comes back with a large, embroidered black cloth. He hands the cloth to Vincent.

"That should do fine." Mateo says with a smile.

Carefully wrapping the sword in the black cloth, Vincent lays it beside his camera and smiles.

"You spoke to Gwen lately?"

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

"Haven't seen her since the Hospital, she's been a little scarce, but that is her way. She seems to have a habit of dissappearing for a little bit and popping back up." Mateo says with no worry in his voice.

"Fair enough, we all need our own lives beyond this madness."

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

"Thats why I do this work, I live my life one weapon at a time." Mateo says in a tone that says he actually meant it.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread