Doomsday Church

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx nods in agreement with his brother. "They probably should have brought more weapons but from the looks of it they only thought they were going to be facing a gunman at most. So it's somewhat understandable that they didn't deck themselves out."

Orphan

PRE

Orphan studies what happened carefully. It is almost painful to see the fates of three mages - one of them an Arrow brother - and how lack of coordination contributed to the disastrous outcome.

"I think the first mistake was for only two to be tackling this unknown situation in the first place, when there were others who could have been involved. Sometimes you have to go in without much in the way of backup because none is available, but that wasn't really the case here. If Ghoster, Logos, Guy, Ollie and Valkyrie had gone to the park together as a team, the outcome might have been vastly different. As is, by the time Ollie, Val and Guy arrived, Logos was already down and Ghoster was in bad shape."

Orphan looks at Tug and Falx, nodding. "The next big mistake, I agree with Tug and Falx. Ghoster and Logos shouldn't have been so split up that they couldn't really have each other's backs."

He shakes his head. "Really, it comes down to lack of teamwork and basic tactics until things were already too late."

Brutus remained quiet. Seeing the past here in the park scared him a little. This stuff was dangerous.
    There was no room for jokes, no room for mistakes. Could he trust these guys if they fell into a tight spot? Could he trust himself?[color=white:bamc0rav]
    I vow to never leave a man behind, on my honor.
    He promised himself. He wondered if these other wizards had done the same.[/color:bamc0rav]

PRE

Joshua listens to all of these points, and nods. "Ghoster and Logos shouldn't have split up, and on top of that they consistently let themselves be surrounded." He pauses, then adds, "If all five had worked together and moved the bleachers aside, they might have been able to get away. I wouldn't normally recommend a retreat, but as only one of them was an Arrow and two of them were completely inexperienced with magic, that would have been the best option.
    "If they had to stay and fight, the best thing to do would have been to keep moving, keep ahead of their opponents, and find a better place to fight. That building, for example," he says, pointing to the parkour practice area. "The rain was a huge detriment so getting inside would have been helpful. Create a bottleneck at the door so the zombies can't all get in at once."

Teegan watches the events at the park. When its her turn to speak she says, "It seemed like the two of them got surrounded. It didn't seem planned out very well. I don't know for sure but, it appeared they weren't aware of each other's capabilities and split apart. Seeing that they were completely outnumbered they could have avoided the whole situation with some better communication from the start." The whole story was just crazy, she'd never seen zombies before. The sight of them made her uncomfortable but not fearful.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West nodded. "All of those are good answers, and valid. Because we all have different abilities, we probably all prioritize the elements of a battle differently. I personally agree with First Talon Morris," West said, point at the Sentinel.

If the guy knows his stuff, what happened at Hostel HI?

"The terrain and environment were completely disregarded. Rather than using it to play to their advantages -- speed, mobility -- they ignored it, and ended up surrounded. The building stairwell, the fire escape, door -- all of these were choke points that would have negated the numbers advantage."

"We're going to go back to the Circle, and form two groups. You will all choose the groupings, not me. This will be who you work with, who you cover, who covers you, and who you will work with to become effective teams."

"Any questions about the park before we head back?" he asked.
    Nimbus

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx shrugs. "Not from me"

Orphan

PRE

"None from me," Orphan replies, happy to get down to some teamwork training.

Brutus shrugs his shoulders but says nothing. He had thought the meeting would be something more akin to a job application mixed with a research interview. What he got was the most freaked out social sciences lecture ever. Yet this West guy sounded like he knew his stuff.

He would hang on and see more of what what this group was planning. If only out of curiosity.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

~~Narration~~

The group heads back to the Circle of Creation
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread