41 - 50
DISPLAYED
We're off to see the Wizards

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West listened to each as he took his pen back and put it back into the pocket of his sweat pants.

"I'd actually like to know why you fight, how you fight, and what you want your role in Sacramento to be," West said, looking at each. "Aside from the Granite Park problem, we have a significant Banisher problem, so I'd like to know what I'm working with."

He paused, then added, "I'd also like to know if either of you has any baggage I need to know about, and what your deficiencies are."
    Nimbus

"I fight because its what I'm good at, Sir. I'm an expert in firearms with exemplary marks in sub machine guns. Also, I'm trained in demolitions. I am a Disciple in Forces and Prime and an Apprentice in Space." She states, her eyes never wavering from West. Her stance remains tense or ready even though she's no longer at attention.

"I heard that there were some problems in Sacramento, and it being my home town, I came back to see if I could help. My parents still live in town. I guess they're my baggage but we're not exactly close. My mother taught me Spanish at a young age so I can translate if needed. I'm not really sure what my deficiencies are though, its been awhile since I've been put to the test. As for my role in Sacramento, I would like to be placed as effectively as possible. You've been in town longer than I have, Sir, so I feel that you might know where that is." She finishes off with a respectful nod to West.

Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

PRE

Valkyrie visibly winces when West brings up the "Granite Park problem", but she waits.

Orphan

PRE

Orphan looks directly at West as he replies. "I fight for honor and because someone has to, because there are things that must be fought, and things worth fighting for, sir. My father was also an Arrow and a Brother of the Demon Wind, and I see myself as carrying on his legacy while also finding my own path. I specialize in up-close fighting and have trained extensively with the daisho and in grappling techniques, but I'm comfortable with a pretty wide array of weapons. I'm not as proficient with firearms as I am most other sorts of weapons, but I have had some training with firearms and recognize that as an area of weakness which I intend to improve upon. In combat, I use spells primarily to enhance my fighting ability and that of my companions, and generally favor the Fate Arcanum for that.

'I haven't been in Sacramento long enough, and don't know the local situation well enough, to have an idea yet what I'd like my role here to be, other than to serve as ordered and with honor, and hopefully join or help establish a cabal in which I can fight as part of a team. I believe Fate guided me here for a reason, though, so I trust a greater purpose will become clear with time.

"As to deficiencies... Well, other than needing to improve my skill with firearms, I know that I haven't yet developed any leadership skills. When I was younger, I was sort of a loner, not really a team player, got in trouble, all that. I'm past all that now and have learned teamwork, but I know that my growth as a warrior will require me to learn how to lead when the situation demands."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West listened to each of them speak and studying their Resonance and spells as they did so.

"If you're going to stay, you need to answer the questions as well," he said to Valkyrie, holding out his hand for the phone. "Otherwise I'd like you to wait in the reception area."

Neither of them is capable of casting a Shield over their thoughts, yet neither of them consider that a deficiency. Interesting.

Spoiler
    Nimbus

Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

PRE

Valkyrie looks a little surprised when she hands him the phone, and she answers without thinking about it. "It's the right thing to do. If you have some skill that you can use to protect someone that can't then it's your job to help them. If you can't do it in a way that you thought you could, then you need to find another way to do it. My father's always taught us that. I've been working as a paramedic for a couple of years now as a stepping stone into law enforcement. As to what I can do, like I said, I work for the city as a paramedic,"

BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Screams her conscience, but she doesn't say anything about that.

"And I've grown up around cops my entire life, so I know some of the older ones that are here, as well as a lot of the Hospital staff here. I can also speak Spanish, since it's pretty much a required skill in California. I'm a good driver and I have an excellent sense of direction, and I know how to manage my time really well. I know how to shoot a gun, and I have a sandan ranking in judo. I've picked up a lot of police training from the rest of my family. I help teach a self defense class on Thursdays, actually. I'm new at all this," she says, referring to the magic thing, "and I'm not very good at it, I think."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

West looked at Orphan and Teegan. "Could each of you, in your own words, explain to Valkyrie what the difference is between a protector, and a warrior?" he asked. He was tempted to ask the young man to try to keep it short, but just because he wasn't a talker meant it was a bad thing.

I should ask her if Andrade or Tyria was the one who sent her to me.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Teegan thinks for a moment, why do commanding officers always have questions like this? Then she said the first thing that came to mind, "A protector will die to defend whatever it is they have sworn to protect and a warrior, to me, might be anyone that defines battle as their chosen profession."

Orphan

PRE

Orphan says, "A protector is mostly reactive, and his concern is more limited in scope than that of a warrior. If something doesn't concern whatever he or she is trying to protect, then it isn't relevant. Being a protector is an honorable thing, and protection is one of a warrior's many duties, but a warrior must also be active in seeking out threats and problems before they arise, and know when to use his or her skills and might to advance a goal, achieve an objective or promote a cause, rather than just defending it."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Beginning to learn something is very different than not being good at it," West turned back to Valkyrie, satisfied with the others' answers. It wasn't so much a right or wrong question, as much as further insight into how they thought.

Whether or not this one is an Arrow or Guardian remains to be seen, though... and she probably needs some resolution, beyond dropping off a phone, first.

"If Valkyrie wants to return to Granite Park, I'd like both of you to go with her. The Guardians and Arrows are both in agreement that this is a priority, since the Banishers have been laying low. Rooms are available here, if either of you need a place to stay," West said.

It was selfish as hell to not invite them to stay with him, considering the huge house had easily accommodated Azrael, Circe, and Kai in the past along with Ankh and him, but the past few weeks had been... great..
    Nimbus

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread