Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
We're off to see the Wizards

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Orphan

PRE

"Finally, some good news," Orphan thinks to himself. "And real good news," thinking both of the assignment and being able to stay somewhere much better than the crappy motel room he'd rented upon arrival in Sacramento. Having access to a hollow and to training facilities was a boon he'd not experienced much in the recent past.

"I thank you for your offer of hospitality, sir, and gladly accept. I'm glad to look into these events at Granite Park and will put my full attention into figuring out what is happening." He nods to Valkyrie while saying this last bit, then turns to West to continue. "Thinking about Valkyrie's account of what happened there, it occurs to me that there may be some ways to use Time to gather some information about last night's events, and perhaps the earlier ones which prompted Ghoster and his companion to those events.

"I do ask first for some assistance in caring for one other matter. Last night, we took Ghoster's body with us. I thought it unwise to leave his body, especially since someone or something was animating zombies, but at this point the more pressing concern would seem to be making sure it is put to rest properly. Also, well, the body is still in the trunk of my car, and I think it best to take care of that before we go back to the Park."

At first Teegan is pleased she's been assigned to something. She coolly informs West that she appreciates his offer and, despite having her own housing, she chooses to stay closer to the group. Then, as Orphan speaks, her eyes narrow at him expressing her growing confusion. "Excuse me, sir, I haven't been informed on the problems at Granite Park." She says as her eyes switch back to West. and I really don't want to end up in the trunk of someone's car... She thinks, wondering what exactly happened to make these two apparently capable individuals need to retreat.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

"Thank you." Val says to West.

Then Val looks at Teegan, trying to figure out the quickest way to explain what happened. "Last night I went with a few others to help two people being chased by zombies at the park. I was only able to get Ghoster into my car, but I spun out while trying to get him to a hospital and I wasn't able to keep him from bleeding out. I wanted to go back and investigat, but I thought I was going to have to do it on my own."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Orphan

PRE

"I'm with you, Valkyrie," Orphan says. "Whatever is happening there needs to be put to an end. What happend to Ghoster and the others shows that we have to be more careful and take some time to scope things out, gather some intelligence, so we can be more prepared for whatever is going on at the Park. Plus, we need to be careful about engagement right now, with you hurt as you are."

He then looks to Teegan, to see if she has any other questions, and how she's taking what Val told her.

Teegan moves to sit on the bench she leaning on, putting her elbows down on her knees heavily. Looking down at the ground as Val speaks, the short woman's violent report of what happened at the park brings back bloody memories of Teegan's own experiences in battle."It must have been hard for you." She states grimly.

Looking back up at Orphan and Val she speaks again with her cool confidence restored, "You won't be alone this time."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"OK," West said, after the Hallmark moment was over. "Maybe the Libertines will want Ghoster's body, or whomever Valkyrie spoke to," he mused. "If not, we'll figure something out. I'll keep it in a Temporal Pocket so that corruption won't set in, and I'm sure we can get a Materiamancer to restore it for a burial.

As far as Postcog'ing the park, sounds like a good idea," he continued, "but it might be more time-consuming than it's worth. Y'all's call. Anything else?"
    Nimbus

"Sir, you mentioned the presence of Banishers. Could you brief us regarding their activities to date, what is known about their methods of operation or any patterns in their actions that we should be especially alert for?"

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Well, we took out a few that were basically using Sac U as a shooting range -- prior to that, they were just pulling hit and runs on Apostates. We know for certain, from what we saw at Sac U, that there is at least one Adept of Spatiomancy and one Adept of Visamancy still out there," West said, remembering the sniper and the one that disappeared immediately.

"Since then, they've been pretty quiet, but that also may have been a byproduct of of the Consilium's presence."
    Nimbus

Orphan

PRE

Orphan listens carefully, taking in and filing away the requested information. Orphan knew that an Adept in any Arcanum was a force to be reckoned with, but through his training and his observations of his own mentor, he knew very well how potent advanced ability with Space could be.

Orphan nods in response to West finishing his briefing. "Thank you, sir."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

~~Narration~~

West shows them the living quarters in the Arrow tower, and then follows them to Orphan's truck where they unload the body.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread