DISPLAYED
We're off to see the Wizards

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

"Holy shit. When did they build this!"

Val had some vague recollection of the Circle of Creation as some kind of cathedralish place of worship, but this was a freakin replica of Westminster Abbey sitting in the middle of the suburbs of Sacramento. She knew there wasn't anything like this when she was growing up, but people just walked by like it's been here for years.

"Did you know about this?" Val asks Orphan as she finishes her Chai.
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Orphan

PRE

"No, not a clue," Orphan says, pretty amazed at the place as they approach. "I just got into town yesterday. I'm impressed, though. Cleveland and Omaha sure didn't have anyplace like this."

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

Val gets out of the car once Orphan parks it. "Okay, lets see how bad this is going to get."

She waits for Orphan and goes inside.
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Orphan

PRE

Orphan grabs his duffel bag and heads in with Val. "Hard to tell how things will be with the Guardians and the Arrow sharing a place, but I'd hope to be able to bear the daisho of my Legacy when reporting in to the ranking Arrow." On the way in, he is watchful for metal detectors or any hint of wards that might react to unknown individuals bearing weapons.

Teegan arrives shortly after Orphan and Val, parking her Ford Explorer outside the building. She heard from her mentor in the army that the Arrow had established a meeting place here but she didn't expect this extravagant facility. She looks over her plain black cargo pants and gray tank top with a sigh, maybe I should have come in uniform. She slides an mp5 out from under her camo jacket that was on the passenger seat and quickly locks it into a black case under her seat. She glances at her rear view mirror as she steps out of the Explorer catching sight of her guitar. She wonders if she'll get to play tonight or if this might actually be the start of something more important. When she enters the building she takes a moment to look around and get her bearings in the unfamiliar place.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

~~Narration~~

As Valkyrie and Orphan begin to ascend the steps, it becomes increasingly difficult for Val, until she feels as if she's hit an invisible wall.

Teegan follows the pair up, noticing the small young woman stop for no apparent reason.

Teegan and Orphan both notice Supernal Script on the sides of the tower as they near; one denotes the Adamantine Arrow, the other the Guardians of the Veil.

(( Need Wits+Composure -5 from all 3, any success reveals spoiler: ))
    Spoiler
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Teegan steps around Val and continues up the stairs. She takes note of the Supernal Scripts on the towers but seems oblivious to any sounds ahead.

Spoiler

Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

PRE

Before she says anything, Val tries taking a step backwards.

Spoiler

Orphan

PRE

Spoiler

Orphan notes Val can't move, and notices the Supernal Script and the unknown woman who is walking up the stairs without a problem. "Poor Valkyrie," he thinks. "Last thing she needs is something else getting in her way. She might hate me for this, but..."

"Excuse me," Orphan says to the unkown woman. "I'm Orphan. My friend here... well, she's not with the listed organizations," he indicates the Supernal Script, " but she's really got what it takes, and she was told to come here. If you'd be so kind, would you be willing to help me see if we can carry her through whatever ward has stopped her cold? We have to be careful, though, as she's badly injured."

Teegan turns back at the sound of his voice, she looks Val over for a moment then looks back to Orphan, dubiously raising an eyebrow"I don't really have the authority to be bringing strangers into my Order's private sanctum. I think we should go inside and inform them of her situation. I'm sure they'll take her in and heal her once they hear that she's hurt."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread