DISPLAYED
Report on the lines

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

Val looks at the woman, and her aura gets fuzzy, mottled, the colors shifting around in confusion.

"I'd say whoever made the zombies, but I couldn't..."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Why did you leave, when Zilker asked you to stay?" Andrade asked. "Without someone to tell him exactly where you were attacked, it took much longer than it should have. Some of the fallen might still be alive, even."
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Starling watches Valkyrie, also curious for the answer, but not saying anything just yet because this is Andrade's show more than his, this time.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

A dozen more Hateful Black cracks wind their way through her aura, and more Bitter Brown starts dripping from them.

"I was scared. I had crashed and I wasn't sure how far away I had gotten and I thought... "

Afraid Orange literally explodes through her aura, wiping out everything else like an Etch-a-Sketch tossed in a dryer. Her head whips up and she looks at the woman, eyes wide with fear.

"What do you mean? Did more people die?"
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

S
    Sciurrus

Thankful that the doctor was tactful enough to be able to decline the handshake without making him look a fool, Vegas reaches into his messenger bag and pulls out an obscenely thick manilla envelope and holds it out to Dr. Primoria.

"Also... ummm now that I am done with the delivery I am supposed to stay in Sacramento and work for you." He blushes slightly at how awkwardly that came out. "Sorry. Normally not that blunt, but I couldn't think of a tactful way of saying it.

Orphan

PRE

Orphan looks back and forth between Starling and this woman whose name he did not know. He does not interrupt, but he does lift one hand, two fingers pointing upward, to let those questioning Valkyrie know he had something to add whenever they might wish him to speak.

Starling stretches out, looking about as casual as a person can be. "You wanted to say something?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Ah," Tyria said, taking the envelope. "What sort of work do you do? Or, rather, what sort are you good at?"

"No others besides your associates, but they may have not been dead when you left," Andrade said. "Many of us... yes?" she stopped as Orphan raised his hand.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Orphan

PRE

"Yes, thank you," he says, nodding respectfully to Starling and to the authoritative woman.

"First off, I go by Orphan. I'm with the Adamantine Arrow, a Disciple of the Demon Wind. I'm new in town, having just arrived yesterday, and I came across Valkyrie last night, having been directed there by Fate when I sought some guidance as to where I should be. From what I was able to put together later, she must have spoken to this individual you mentioned, Zilker, before I arrived. I didn't know about that until a bit later.

"All I could tell when I got there was that Valkyrie was very, very badly injured and extremely rattled - understandably so - and that she had a deceased companion with her. Before I could provide her any assistance, this other individual, Ollie, showed up, blubbering about abandoning her and so forth. She clearly didn't want to have anything to do with him and told him so, and I also told him he should back off, so he slunk away.

"When I arrived, I could hear sounds off in the distance that may have been the zombies that attacked Valkyrie and her companions. I didn't know much about the situation, but I'd discerned that Ollie was a mage and that Valkyrie had magic about her, so under the circumstances, I figured she was also a mage and felt it was my duty as an Arrow to protect and assist a badly injured mage. I helped load her stuff into my car, and I also took her deceased companion, not wanting to leave him for someone or something that utilized zombies. He's still in the trunk of my car, and I hope when this is all sorted out that we can take care of that and arrange an honorable burial for him."

Realizing he'd started rambling a bit, Orphan gets back on track. "Anyhow, we were ready to take off already before Valkyrie mentioned this Zelker and the Guardians. I mistakenly thought we might be able to contact him through Ghoster's phone, and like I said, I was mostly concerned at that point for her safety, so I thought it best to get her out of there and patched up and call him on the way. When it became clear we didn't actually have any way to contact Zelker, we went back to where I found her, but the car was already gone. Not knowing what else to do that time of night, I took her to her place for medical care and some rest, and we came here first thing after she woke up today.

"My point in mentioning all this right now is that I bear at least some of the responsibility for her not staying and waiting for the Guardian. The only defense I offer is that given what I could tell of the situation at the time - she had awakened only days ago, had bravely tried to save a fallen companion who had been mauled by zombies and seen others slain, and had been abandoned by her mentor - I felt my first duty, as an Arrow, was to make sure she was safe. I take full responsibility for that decision."

Finishing, he nods again to Starling and to the unknown woman.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"That's lovely," Andrade said. "Starling, would you have the Herald notify everyone that Orphan is taking full responsibility for Guardian actions in the city?" she asked with a mockingly serious voice.

Turning back to Valkyrie, she continued in a more serious tone. "I didn't think you were one to let others make excuses for you. However, in the future, keep in mind that Zilker doesn't make capricious requests. I greatly admire your actions, and suggest you speak to Magister West about your future as a Mage -- but I am also sorely displeased that you took the advice of a complete stranger over Zilker's."

Andrade looked at Starling, and spoke in a much more firm tone. "Please have the Herald let it be known that no Mage in this city is to Heal Valkyrie. She had that opportunity last night with the Epopt and declined it."

Having made her wishes known, Andrade left Starling's office.

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread