Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
It Really Happened

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

~~Narration~~

Orphan watches the phone through the eye of his spell, as it is transferred from Valkyrie to himself, and then it slowly disappears as it ceases to exist in it's current location.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

PRE

Val feels him do Something and tries to follow along. She tries pulling up a Sight spell, and is suprised that it works. Then she tries scrutinizing him to see what's going on.

Spoiler

Noting that he has some spells active, she tries to figure them out, with an amount of success that she has no real way to measure.

Not knowing what you were doing sucked.
    Spoiler

Orphan

PRE

Orphan's eyes widen in surprise.

"Well, that was not quite what I expected... though I suppose I probably should have expected it when a Guardian of the Veil is part of the mix. If nothing else, maybe I got his attention." He shrugs to Val. "First lesson of magic: Anything can happen, so you have to watch out for anything, and be ready to roll with it. [/color]

Orphan thinks for just a moment about looking back in time to when the phone blinked out, to try to read the resonance of that, but he figured either it would be cloaked to hell or that he might just annoy the Guardian, so instead he asks Val,
    "I was looking through time at the time... Did you see or feel anything weird happening when the phone faded out?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

~~Narration~~

Valkyrie examines the first spell, which seems to be one that lasts an hour or so, and makes her think of the future, and how things are intertwined. It's clean edges let her know that Orphan is well versed at this type of spell.

The second spell of Orphan's seems to pulse with the energy of healthiness, but oddly mixed with longevity. It likewise has clean, efficient lines to it's weave that let her know that he is similarly proficient in this area as well.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

You did something and I tried to Look, but I was Looking at you instead of what you were doing, then I was Looking at the two spells you have going.
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Orphan

PRE

Orphan nods, not really disappointed. He had been caught off guard by what had happened, so there was no reason whatsoever to be disappointed in this novice's not catching something like that.

"No, that's good, that's good." Orphan shifts his car out of park, looks around and then starts back down the road.[/color]

Stopping at a stop sign, Orphan takes a moment to glance around for anything magical or just unusual - or, via Omnivision, for anyone that might be following them - before continuing on his way.
    Spoiler

"Really, Val, you did good. Knowing what spells a person has in effect on them can tell you something about what they can do in general, and especially what tricks they've got going on right at that moment. That's useful to know, especially if you have to fight someone. But by the same token, if you try to Look at every mage you meet, you'll piss some of them off, because they don't want everyone knowing what they've got up their sleeves, and because reading someone can be a preparation for an attack. So, it's considered bad manners in a lot of circumstances. I'm cool with it, though, because I invited you to look at what I had going on.

"So, I expect we're going to be interrupted any minute now by a Guardian, but while we wait, I'd like to hear what you noticed about the spells on me."

(( I'd like to clarify -- the phone is still there. It disappeared from Orphan's vision as it left the current location (lack of Space 2) ))

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

"Well, when I Saw you, I picked up the the, I have no idea what it's called, but it was like the you-ness of you. One of the spells was kinda like knitting, clocks, and microscopes all mixed up together, if that makes any sense at all. The other one was like the opposite of what the zombies smelled like and an egg timer or stapwatch, somehow. They kinda felt like a Ford Thunderbird restored by someone who knows what they're doing."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Orphan

PRE

"That's good, that's very good." Orphan smiles and nods. "Over time, you'll learn to associate those impressions with different sorts of magic, and in fact, your reads are really good even right now. The second one, for example... that's Life magic, and that is pretty much the opposite of the Death spells that create zombiens, and you picked up the Time magic mixed in there. I've got a spell prepared on me so that if I get badly injured, it heals some of my wounds automatically, but until then, the spell hangs in stasis."

Orphan drives for a couple blocks, then pulls into a parking lot and parks the car again. "Alright, the first spell I tried didn't work out as hoped, so now first let's just try the simple thing. We might not need a spell at all." Orphan dials 911 on Ghoster's phone, wondering if it will go to 911 this time, or put them back in touch with the Guardian Val had talked with earlier, and ready to hang up immediately should he get a 911 operator.

"911 Emergency, who am I speaking with?" answers a woman's voice.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread