Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Calling the Prince

Finishing the entry in the House diary, Zoe pulls Lioni's phone out of her pocket and once again goes through the numbers. Finding the one for Asa, she hits the call button and waits.

If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa looked at his phone, and did a double take.

What had Lioni's phone?

Cozette had never mentioned it, but perhaps she or Scotts had picked it up.

Or Bethem.

"Hello?" he answered.

Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

"Good evening Alder Lord Prince Clarke, this is Alder Lady Soldier Zoe Miller esteemed member of the House Millarr. It is my understanding that all other members of my house are now deceased. I would like to have a meeting with you at your earliest convenience to discuss the fate of the Invictus and the House Millarr."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nonplussed.

That was a good word, to describe his reaction to what he heard.

How extraordinary.

It was wholly incredible, and thoughts of his conversation with Ishani flitted across his mind.

"Alder Lady Soldier Miller," he replied, after a few moments of silence, "I would be delighted to meet you. I'm sure you can appreciate that this is quite a surprise."

Asa remembered a room at the Museum of Aquatic Nuances, a lifetime ago.

"I'm loathe to offend," he continued, "But I'll hope you can understand my need for reassurance -- could you perhaps tell me something that would substantiate your words? For example, Alder Lady Dupree had an interesting family..."

It was a conundrum; possibly offending this woman, or possibly getting assassinated immediately after Ishani had impressed upon him the need for security.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Zoe pulls the phone away from her ear and looks at it as if it had sprouted arms and legs and started walking across the room.

"I assume there is good reason to doubt my word and I will obligue you. Alder Lady Au Pair Dupree was the child of the Mistress, a very well known Malkovian who was entirely insane and I believe Alder Lady Au Pair Dupree was rewarded greatly after consuming her sire's soul and her sister's as well. That is also how she acquired Cozette. Although, I seriously doubt you had the extent of that information."

She pauses, calming her voice from it's irritated tone. "I am also aware that Alder Lady Au Pair Dupree invited you to join the House. I will decide if that offer still stands, if you are still willing to accept it and we will discuss your induction if necessary. Now, about that meeting, Prince Clarke?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wonderful.

Just the way you'd want to start something.

Maybe he could talk Ishani into just running off somewhere with him.

"Of course, Alder Lady Soldier Miller," he replied, keeping an even tone. "I'm at Avalon, in the former office of the former Alder Viscount Soldier Brandon Davis, Esteemed Member of House Millarr, and will await your arrival."

"Excellent. I look forward to our coversation and I will be there shortly. Thank you for your time and patience Alder Lord Prince Clarke. It is very appreciated."

With that, Zoe hangs up and gathers the diary in her hands. Sliding the phone back into her pocket, she leaves the haven and exits the club once again, making the very short walk to Avalon.

Closed Thread