Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Empty Room 2

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew shrugs. "It's worth a try. To be honest, I don't think it's the room itself that's important, so much as the people in it. I can't help but wonder, is anyone in here merely human?"

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"Human, I take it neither of you are? By the fact that you blatantly say it in such a way? I myself am Kindred, vampire would be the term most would know us by. Yourselves?"

O-Yama was slightly stuned at the mentio of supernal beings, but seeing as they were being blunt in their knowledge, he figured the best policy to handle the situation would be to come forward with knowledge, and try to resolve what was going on.

PRE

Derek raises an eyebrow in reponse to Matthew's question, and arches it further at O-Yama's reply - "A vampire!?" - but he pointedly does not reply in any sort of direct manner. Not because he doesn't want to, at this point, but because he can't do so without violating his freehold pledge. Instead, he asks his own question.

"So, hypothetically, what might it mean if someone here was, how did you put it... 'merely human?" Versus what might it mean if - again, hypothetically - none of us was 'merely human?'"

Matthew's question does get Derek thinking, though. "This sleeping man, is he 'merely human' or something else, and is this the time to draw on the Wyrd to try to figure that out?" Last time he'd found himself here, afterward he'd appeared back where he'd been, with no time having notably passed. While there was no guarantee he might not need everything he could muster during this visit back, he decided it wasn't time yet to deplete himself. "If I do end up right back there like before, we might be going into the Hedge after those missing kids within a few hours time, and I'm going to need to put everything I can into that, and to uphold my end of the pledge we're entering into."

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew looks askance at Derek's question. "I see little chance in getting to the bottom of this while trying to hide our natures from everyone else. You heard what the girl said last time we were here." Matthew sighs. Pieces were starting to fall into place, but a few were still missing. He turns back to O-yama, on a hunch. "I'm a werewolf, one of the People. Do you, by any chance, know a man named Mars?"

PRE

Unable to state his nature - and unwilling to state why, as it is best that others, and especially other sorts of supernatural creatuers, not be given any information that would help them understand the way changeling pledges work - Derek turns away from the werewolf and the vampire ("They call themselves the People and the Kindred. Something else to report to Queen Rumiko should I ever get the chance" he thinks to himself) and very cautiously examines the sleeping man before attempting to awaken him.

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"I indeed know of Primogen Mars, I have served by his side in battle against a foe who commited crimes against the code of our people. Werewolf? I would have never believed they existed, but under the circumstances, I will. So, you two have been in this room before, maybe it is a testing ground? Or..." He says thinking on it for a moment. "It could possibly be something created by Bethem... though I know not if he has that sort of power to go about doing something such as this."

Firebringer

PRE

With this last piece, things were clicking into place. "I don't know what a Primogen is, but this rabbit-hole goes deeper than you know; probably deeper than any of us does. The last time we were here, after some time had past, all but four were whisked away. Those four were the girl, Ankh I believe she called herself, Derek, myself, and Mars. The girl announced that she was a mage, and somehow, she knew that in addition to mages, there are vampires, werewolves, and changelings in Sacramento. I find the match-up a little too perfect to be coincidence." Matthew leaves the implication unvoiced, instead turning to a new topic.

"Who is this Bethem you speak of?"

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"From what I understand he is a vampire of ancient age, though his actual age is not truly known to me or anyone that I know of. He is very powerful, and has slain many of our number, I believe his intentions are to take the entire, at a risk to anyone or anything that may stand in his way."

O-Yama thinks for a moment, before continuing.

"It is not for certain what his intentions are in the city though, that is just a personal belief."

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew thinks for a moment. "If he is as powerful as you say, perhaps he is the one who slew three of our own. We may have a mutual enemy."

As the conversation continues the room suddenly has the scent of old copper pennies and some of the stains on the wall begin to bleed the blook on the wall creates a perfect circle. In the middle of the room there is suddenly pot containing spring flower. The smell of the flowers mingles with the scent of copper in the air.

The sleeping man starts to stir a bit and rolls over his eyes never open he still appears to be sleeping soundly completely unaware of what is going on around him.

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread