11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Bright Lights, Big City

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"You have to lean in close, maybe distort Space a bit," Vector shrugged.

Obviously this pencil pusher drew the short straw on mapping the city.

"I didn't make them, I'm trying to figure out what they do. I don't really want to find out the city is cursed or some shit like that after we go to the trouble of getting rid of all you Pentacles," he explained.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Despite a stated intent of what was most likely harm, Theo still felt unreasonably glad to have a plain speaking person to talk to.
    "Well like I said, there's a correlation in line location and power. Haven't noticed much beyond that. Of course, I noticed you before I had a chance to study them in depth. I'd offer to ask my Order about them, but I have a hard enough time getting the time of day out of them.
    Theo really wanted to ask who "we" was but he swallowed down the question and instead said. "If any were trying to get rid of me, I would guess have them first in fact. I hadn't thought I'd made a nuscance of myself to any outside my Order more severely than them." Theo gave a short laugh.
    Was he insane? Hysteric? A prick of disconnected panic was running up his spine. This guy could kill him and he was making jokes. Theo kept breathing, trying to remain calm. He should be looking for escape routes and cover but he didn't want to take his eyes off the asian man again. Instead he conjured up in his mind the city map he had been using to map the lines. He found the street he was on in the mental image and began look for paths he could take if he needed to run.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Wallflower looked at the man babbling in front of him. No wonder he was out tracking ley lines. Couldn't be the sigils, he hadn't looked at them closely yet.

"Ask your Order, then, Atlantean," he said. "Do you always walk around the city with a spear?" he asked.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

"It's getting to that point. I've insulted the head of my order to their face, there are people out there looking to "get rid" of Pentacles, and on top of that I've recently found out the city might be cursed by strange runes. I'm starting to feel just as justified in carrying a weapon as keeping a mage sight spell active."
    Theo kept talking as he looked for a good way to escape and familiarizing himself with which turns went into deadends. Of course, when looking to keep a conversation going Theo often slipped into his habit of asking questions. "I'm curious, who is your group and why are they after members of the Pentacle?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Wallflower looked at The as if he had just asked why the sky was blue.

"What's been happening to the Awakened?" he asked, changing the subject. "Calligan Wellmer, specifically."

Theo was pretty sure he had a good route he could take with plenty of options for change. Even so, out running a motorcycle wouldn't be easy. The path he'd figured went through several narrow streets before connecting to a more populated road. Maybe if he couldn't lose him, threat paradox would prevent some of the more deadly spells within the Forces arcana. That of course depended on traffic at this hour. Theo would have to hope and wait for an opening.
    The man was starting to ask questions Theo was pretty sure he didn't want to answer. It would only go downhill from here.
    "I don't recognize the name off hand. Can you describe him?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Wallflower cocked his head and looked at Theo. "I can't tell if you're the world's best liar, or the most ignorant bookkeeper Tyria could get her hands on." He looked at the alley exits. "Do you have anything to say before I have to find out which it is?"

The tension in Theo's body snapped. He didn't reply, he just suddenly found himself sprinting as fast as he could. Somewhere in the back of his mind something seemed off, but Theo didn't have time to think what it was.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Vector laughed to himself. It was oh so tempting to give the rabbit a little nudge to throw him out into the street at the end of the alley, but he just wouldn't have that good of a view if a car hit him.

Turning back to the wall, he studied the sigla a bit more before leaving.

Theo sprinted for near a minute it seemed. He reached the main street without sign of pursuit. He was shaky from the encounter and the hard running but he had to tell Tyria about it still. Should he call and risk a tune in or go to the museum and risk being followed?
    He weighed the options for a second and then got out his handy to call.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread