Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Searching for Clues at the Park

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Ghoster declines Val's offer of a ride; he needed to bring Logos up to speed during the journey back to the park on everything Ollie had already discovered about the killings and the Sleepwalker, Ryan, and he didn't feel it necessary or prudent to share the morbid details with who he found himself referring to as 'Ollie's Kids.' Hell, he thought, I wish I didn't have to share the morbid details with myself.

They arrive back at Granite Park a couple of hours after leaving the museum. Ghoster pauses for a moment to consider the visible stars dancing in the vast, dark ocean above them, and exhales. "Let's head back down to the south end of the park, Logos; maybe we'll find something."

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

(I'm assuming Logos learned what you pm'd me during the care ride)

"Ok, which building was the sniper on?"

"Damn," he says, "I never got a chance to find out. Hold on, I'll call him while we walk that way." Ghoster dials Ollie and puts the phone to his ear and starts walking.
    "Ollie, Ghoster, what's up. Listen, I know we were gonna come down to the park tomorrow, but I had an idea that works better with fewer people around anyway, so can you tell me how to recognize the building the sniper was on?" They have a short conversation.

"Ok, thanks, man," he says, hanging up. He turns to Logos. "I've got an idea. I can show you which building it is, then you head up and check it out by yourself. I'm about the same age as the victims, so I'm going to stay down here alone and see if I can lure him out. Keep an eye out for me."

Ghoster reaches into his coat pocket and shows Logos his Glock. "If I see him first, you'll hear this. Sound like a plan?"

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

"Ya. Just make sure its running and shooting. That way there is less chance of getting hit by the guy." He looks to the building. "Would jumping off of that definitely break my legs or only possibly?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

(( It's four stories ))
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

"I don't know," he says, grinning, "Let's hope you don't have to find out. Alright, call me if you find anything up there, I'm going to pretend to be distracted by my phone anyway."

He focuses his will for a moment and dismisses his Mage Sight. Then he focuses his will on a new Imago, blue, translucent eyelids sleepily blooming all around the crown of his head, and releases it.

Ghoster walks off alone, careful to stay within view of the building. Once Logos is in place, he'll put his phone to his ear and fake half of a conversation, his voice loud, his words slurred, as though he were alone and drunk.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

"I need your phone number"

"Check your pocket," Ghoster says without turning around, though you can hear the smile in his voice. Ghoster had slipped Logos a business card while he was looking up at the building. He had to keep his sleight-of-hand skills sharp somehow.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Logos pulls the card out. "Haha nice. Please don't do that again either, well don't take anything at least." He turns and heads towards the building.

Ghoster sits at a bench a fair distance from the building and begins talking into his phone, describing his favorite scenes from his favorite movies in a conversational tone, laughing and adding single syllable affirmations intermittently. He'd done this before.

All the while, he waited for Logos' call that he had made it up to the roof, not daring to actually look up. He reasoned that if they hadn't been made entering the park, they didn't want to let on they were working together.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread