Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Musing Gavin Delaney...

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Pryderi takes a seat nearby and hooks his left foot over his right thigh, resting back. "Just about you, Gavin," he replies. "Like, where did you learn to play so extraordinarily?"

Gavin thinks back to when he first picked up the violin his eyes get a reminiscent look to them "My mother taught me before she passed away I was about seven when she first handed me a violin it seemed like it was something I was born to do." Gavin puts the violin back to his shoulder and pulls the bow across the strings and plays a haunting tuned with a single tear escaping his eye before he lays it back across his lap and continues to clean it "That is the beginning of something I have been working on but just can't figure out the rest."

"Play it again, if you don't mind," Pryderi asks, leaning closer to grip the sound with his ears.

Gavin lifts the violin once more and begins to replay the haunting tune. He seems to get lost in the music and plays it over and over about 4 times the same tune but it never seems to be finished.

As Gaving plays, Pryderi fills the room with the ambience of brilliliance, directed at the young violinist so it enters both his heart and mind, inspiring his performance further.

Spoiler

Gavin continues to play his song and each time he gets to the end it is different as though he can't decide which one sounds the best. In the back of his mind he is still very indecisive on exactly how the piece should finish but everything that comes out of the violin is very beautiful. The haunting sounds emanating from the room as Gavin looses himself to the music after the fifth different ending he again puts the violin down and looks at Pyderi "See I am just not happy with anything that comes at the end of that piece maybe I'm just too picky but nothing seems to do it justice in the back of my mind."

Pryderi nods and leans back again, completely at an understanding with Gavin. "I understand your trouble, Gavin, and I'd like to help you, if you let me."

Gavin considers his offer as he finally puts the violin away and starts to lean and check over his bow "And how would you be helping me sir I barely know you?" he looks quizzically at the man and then adds "It has been very interesting speaking with you sir and if you would like to talk more please feel free to stop by anytime and we can discuss music or what ever tickles your fancy." Gavins reaches into his bag and pulls out a card that has his name and numbers on it and on the back an address to the local elementary school "I teach the music class at that school stop by any time."

"Just to have someone to bounce ideas off would be cool," Pryderi states, taking the card. "I play and teach guitar but prefer to sing." He takes out one of his own cards and hands it to Gavin, standing to shake his hand as he does.

"Its been a pleasure, Gavin. You have a natural talent."

Gavin stands and takes the mans extended hand smiling broadly at him "I look forward to seeing you again."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2