Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 46
DISPLAYED
After the Obelisks

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

PRE

And there was that word again, coming from Armstrong's lips. Fate.
    Joshua listens to everyone, looking a bit puzzled at some of what Armstrong says, then frowning when Fiddler pipes up. "Are you sure? I mean..." He trails off, and tries again. "Well, like you say. You're a musician. Maybe this isn't the best path for you." He looks to Animus, whom he already considers the leader, to see what he has to say on the subject of Fiddler.
    To Armstrong he asks, "I'm sorry--Legacy?"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus turns to Fiddler. "This city is a dangerous place right now. If that's not an environment you're comfortable in, then I doubt anyone will question your decision to leave."

Armstrong
    Armstrong

PRE

"Legacies are the refinement of your soul. Once you get to a certain point in the development of your Gnosis, you can take a more direct hand in it's growth. You learn how to focus your vision of how magic works in a more specific manner than normally and your soul responds to it, Attaining new abilities that the Fallen World sees as natural. As you refine your soul and your vision in tandem, you gain further, more esoteric Attainments as side effects of your focus. While I can only currently focus my senses into a jargon jargon babble babble strange words chatter chatter jargon babble jargon to sense non-local events, more powerful members of my Legacy can use the same jargon babble strange words chatter to send themselves from one location to another without any degradation of the babble chatter polysyllabic jargon, or in layman's terms, instantaneously." It becomes obvious through the glossolalia of hyper technical jargon that Armstrong is a teacher of some kind, probably highly technical math somewhere. Or she's gone insane and has been building some kind of ramshackle particle accelerator somewhere that she shouldn't.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus looks startled. "We never did try to track down the guy who jumped Calligan. Any ideas on what happened to him?"

PRE

Joshua's eyes start to gloss over at the jargon, but he gets he gist easily enough. Magic without the magic. Sneaking ability into the Fallen world, without the Abyss tainting it. It sounds... promising.
    "I haven't heard anything about him," he says to Animus. "Could be he's left town, or maybe just lying low, but I wouldn't have the first idea about finding him." To Armstrong he says, "During our initial investigation of Discovery Park we stopped a mage from killing Calligan Wellmer. Unfortunately," he adds, eyes narrowing as he remembers that day, "he got away."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

~~Narration~~

Speculation on Vector continues for a bit, and then the remaining Mages talk some more about forming a Cabal. Fiddler bids them farewell, and exchanges phone numbers, before he leaves to being packing to leave.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread