Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Art Gallery

Page 4 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
    S
    Soul

He always got a little vibe of disrespect when someone didn't call him by his proper title, Primogen, especially on official gatherings, but perhaps he was just old fashioned.
    "Agreed, but please, call me Marius." he said with an inviting smile. His own politeness would stay intact however.

"I haven't seen you since the last Daeva meeting. How have you been?" Marius asked pleasantly, as they started making their rounds.

She looks just a little flattered and flustered by the handsome Mr. Noble, biting her lip for a moment.

"Oh no, not locally, I just moved here a month or so ago..."

d
    dinale

Reed returned a polite smile, "I believe I would be overstepping if I went by first name basis."

Of course, this place wasn't an official gathering and it had mortal within their mist - it was a reason why he kept the titles simple. As they walk, Reed turn in his own power, keeping a mind's eye on his surrounding while taking a moment to study a couple of paintings, keeping his voice low so other people couldn't listen in, "I been investigating the recent disturbance that is plaguing us. Of course, the disturbance leaves very like to go on.. but I found some small clues.. but I'm sure that other probably have covered what it was."

**Narration**

As people are looking around the gallery they will also notice some of the following paintings.

PRE

"In that case, then, welcome to Sacramento. I hope to see more of your works in the future."

Derek reaches into his suitjacket and hands her one of his business cards, which reads:
    Derek Noble
    Instructor and Drama Department Chair
    Wagner Institute of Visual and Performance Arts

The card also lists his phone number.

Derek presses the card into Eva's hand, then releases her hand, sliding his fingers lightly along hers as he does so.

"I'll be watching for any upcoming shows, but much as I try to keep up with such things, I have to admit that sometimes I get too involved with my work to keep track, so I'd very much appreciate a call when you've next got an exhibit."

He waves a hand around the gallery area. "I'm going to continue checking out the works of the other artists. Meanwhile, it was nice to meet your acquaintance, and I wish you an excellent evening."

She bites her lip, those amber eyes glowing in the dim light.

"I... Thank you so much, yes I believe my dear friend Mrs. Scotts will be hosting another show for me very soon, I would be glad to call you and inform you when... If there are any pieces that interest you for purchase you can also set up a meeting at my studio," she smiles gently, and takes the card, the piece of cardstock dissappearing into her hoodie pocket.

PRE

Derek notices Eva's shyness, and while he finds it - and her - charming, he doesn't want to cause her any discomfort, especially not on the night of her local debut. He smiles and says, "I'd be honored to receive that invite."

He holds up the exhibit pamphlet. "Perhaps I missed it earlier, focusing on the work itself ... is the phone number or address for your gallery listed on this?" He punctuates the question with a slightly-raised left eyebrow.

"Ah no, I recently moved to a larger studio space, here," she says, pulling two cards out of her back pocket and handing one to her friend Jayant with a smile and then to Derek with another lovely smile.

"That is my current location, I am there every night, you can feel free to visit," she says to Derek and then smiles to Jayant and says "and you and Valencia are of course still welcome, now go enjoy yourself Jayant," she smiles.

She then looks back to Derek, her gaze holding a lingering interest there, right beside the haunting sadness and intelligence.

PRE

Derek smiles warmly as he accepts Eva's card. He thanks her, studies the card for a moment, then meets her eyes again. "I like tonight's selections, but I was wondering if you currently have other finished works at your studio, or any works in progress that you would be willing to let another view? I have to admit, I'm at least as interested in the creative process as I am in finished results. Naturally enough, given what I do for a living, I suppose. I also love seeing an artist's workspace."

Noticing the interest in Eva's eyes, Derek decides to try to find out a bit more about that.

Spoiler

d
    dinale

Reed pauses as a couple of painting catches his eyes - he turns to look at them for a moment - like there could be something there.

Spoiler

Page 4 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread