Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
At the Museum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Apotheosis sat at the front desk of the Museum. He was rereading one of the art history books he had needed to carry around in college. He flipped through the pages in his mind, seeing each exactly as it had been, memorized with all the detail he could see, hear, touch and smell. He needed brushing up on the section on the fertile cresent. A tour would be coming in about an hour and he wanted to have the inforamtion at the front of his mind.
    But the memory kept switching to the Consilium meeting. Something was bothering him. The more he had thought about, the more he was pretty sure Dr. Primordia's comment about the seventh generation was deliberate rather the a mistake as he had assumed. He had done a little research and found some information about an ecological concept held by the Iroquois, a proposed amendment to the United States Constitution, and a generation period for video games. None of these seemed to make sense in the context of the conversation, at least to his mind.
    Of course, he wouldn't be able to just forget it, he never could. Having perfect memory tended to be annoying that way. You always recalled loose ends. He kept his talent hidden so far from the community. It wasn't so much an issue of being viewed as freakish, it was just a matter of habit. People tended to be wierded out when you could remember everything they had said, during all previous conversations, and what they wore, and what they ate, and how many bites it took them to finish, and how many chews, and how many times they blinked when he was looking at them. It was kinda creepy he had to admit. So he had learned to immitate forgetfullness and he was very good at it. Sometimes he could even fool himself.
    But the memory kept switching to the Consilium meeting. Something was bothering him. The more he had thought about, the more he was pretty sure Dr. Primordia's comment about the seventh generation was deliberate rather the a mistake as he had assumed.
    Theo sighed and put down the notebook he had been jotting down high points of the tour on. He needed to understand what she had meant.
    Getting up he heads to the Curator's office and knocks on the door. "Dr. Primordia, it's Theo. I was wondering if I could talk to you?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Tyria looked up at the knock. Wondering why he had come to her, instead of Starling or Phyrmides, she set her pen down. She picked up the name plate on her desk -- one should never make assumptions, and mistakes happened. Satisfied, she set it back down.

"Come in," she said. "Sit," she directed him. "Theo, my information on you suggests that you have what a layman might call a 'photographic memory'. Is this information faulty?"

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Theo was suprised at her question at it put him a little off guard. "Uhh... ya das ist... I mean, yes that's correct." He shook himself mentally, trying to recover.
    "I uh, came to ask you about something you said last night. I think I may have misunderstood your meaning." His accent is more noticable as speaks, still a little shaken by how much Tyria knew.

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Striking Looks •• (Elegant)
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria
    Status (Consilium) •••Status (Mysterium) •••••

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Tyria smiled patiently; she wasn't finished. "May I assume your mispronunciation of my name is a speech impediment, then? I was under the impression that other than v's, w's, the umlaut, and the scharfes s, German phonetics were similar to English."

"The pronouciation of solitary e's sounds like a to most Americans and z's are different as well being similar to zt's in English." He almost cursed himself. Sometimes he couldn't help but correct what he thought was wrong.
    "I apologize." How was he supposed to explain this. "I misspoke your name on purpose." Well that didn't mustn't sound good. He hadn't even really meant to it. How could he phrase this well. He shifted uncomfortably "I have made it a habit to...be fallible in my memory.
    I've found it puts people more at their ease. Most are uncomfortable with the idea of perfect memory,"
    Theo hesitated. "It has helped me feel more accepted during my life."

Phrymides sticks her head into Tyria's office to drop off a couple of files and a heavy bound grimoire.

"Tyria here's the..." She stops dead in her tracks when she spots Theo, her face screwing up in alarm. Looking at Tyria she shuffles her burden under one arm and motions her thumb questioningly. You didn't send for him, did you Tyria? She wonders.

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Tyria suppressed a sigh. Apparently this one couldn't help himself -- bait the hook, reel 'em in.

"Forget to button a button. Leave the oven on. Or, even, forget to correct someone. Forgetting your boss' name? That's just silly. No one does that." Tyria's innate sense of time told her that this was taking far longer than it should.

Just then, Phrymides arrived. As tempting as it was, it was never instructive to leave a student on a bad note. She nodded at Phrymides to sit down as well, hoping she wouldn't drop anything.

"So, Theo," she continued, "What was it I said last night that brings you here?"

Theo is glad to be off that topic "You mentioned "the seventh generation", when we were talking about Nile's son. I'm pretty sure now that I was mistaken when I assumed it was a reference to a biblical verse. But looking into it I haven't been able to find how it correlates. I wanted to know the meaning behind what you said."

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Tyria finally did sigh. "Theo, this is the Mysterium. I know that you're a Theurgist, but force is not the path to knowledge. As you prove yourself, through deeds and self-education, I will evaluate your readiness to be inducted into Mysteries."

She backtracked to address his assumption, "And, no, of course I wasn't referring to scripture -- why would I? You were also not the only one I was speaking to when I addressed your statement."

Turning to Phrymides, she spoke. "Phrym? Would you give Theo directions to Carson City? Send him with a note for Ruby; that when she's finished showing the trio I sent there the sights, I'd like her and Theo to begin mapping the city's ley lines."

Starling peeks his head in not long after Phrym, "Tyria darling, I've got some errands to run, was there anything you needed while I'm out?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread