Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Going for a drive

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Venessa looks around as Joe talks on the phone wondering how good of friends he is with these people. She would hate to think his moment of weakness and hers would get back to his girlfriend and cause problems.

She smiles at him as he gives her the look and takes a sip of her coke.

If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Joe Connell
    Joe Connell

Joe sighs.
    "Sorry about that." He considers inviting Vanessa to help out, but that didn't really help last time. These guys just didn't care enough.

"So, where to begin. Do you think this goes all the way to the top?"

Venessa nods. "Yes, I think it very well might. I mean, think about it, how much do you think one has to go through to properly screw up a case bad enough so that a D.A. cannot prosecute? Or to hide or plant evidence? It's not as easy as they make it look on TV."

Joe Connell
    Joe Connell

Joe pulls out a sheet of paper, and a pen and does some writing.
    "Well. If thats the case, I suggest we start an anti-suspect list."
    he throws the pen down on the table.
    "We aren't secret police are we? Assuming everyone to be guilty, hiding our activites? Because thats not OK"

Venessa shrugs. "I don't know Joe, but look at it this way. Do you want to be part of the problem? Or part of the solution? If we don't do something about this, then who will? Besides, I think Sheriff Berk is one of the good guys, so you can write his name down on the trustworthy list."

Joe Connell
    Joe Connell

"Us vs. them. Yeah, we have to be careful. Honestly, we need someone to watch us. Because really, in the environment we are in we could do a lot of things that we would look back on poorly. I want to take these guys down. My soul isn't on the table, yet."
    Joe drinks some water.
    "So, why is Berk on the trustworthy list?" Joe hasn't picked up the pen yet.

"Because he's been here for twenty years and he is the only person I have ever heard speak out against the Sacramento PD, the Mayor and City Hall publicly. He's the only one I have ever heard of who has been on the watch list for over five years and has openly stated that Sacramento law enforcement is a lot more lax then it should be. Now, I realize this could mean he is in on it and just trying to look good for the PR, but I have talked to him and looked into his eyes when he says it. He means it Joe, he's as passionate as you are about it."

Joe Connell
    Joe Connell

Joe writes his name down.
    "Alright, we've got one. And we can put the entire Vice and Homicide on the definetly bad list. So lets start, department by department. Any place you'd like to start?"
    The woman brings their food:
    http://www.hmongcooking.com/recipes/bokchoy.jpg
    and a roasted chicken without any vegetables, but very aromatic.

Venessa shakes her head. "I don't know, his is the only head I've gone into. I would have to talk to each person individually to see if they're involved."

She is obvious flustered at this point.

Joe Connell
    Joe Connell

"What do you mean, by 'head you've gone into'?" Joe is obviously confused.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last