Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Discovery Park 3

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    K
    Kai

((Hold posts until I get Fiddler's and Joshua's Rolls))

K
    Kai

As they are getting ready to leave, everyone feels a tug at the core of their magical being, their awareness, and though most people are able to stave the initial tugging away, Animus loses 1 point of mana. (I couldn't believe how poorly I rolled and how well all of you did).
    It takes the stone a few seconds to pull the energy it needs from the world around it, but now you realize the stone has tapped into a source of energy.

PRE

Trying to herd Zero away from the others, Joshua lowers his voice to say, "It might be best if you watched what--" He stops as he feels something pulling at his insides, and looks towards the stones. "Shit. Did that thing just go online?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Piece of shit," Zero said, casting a dark glare at a stone. He looks around -- really looks -- and sees an area bled completely dry of ambient Mana.

"So, wait," he says, thinking out loud, and oblivious to the thought there might be another 'drain wave'. "Does this mean a Master Theurgist could shut this down? By 'turning off the power'? I've heard they can kill all Mana in an area..."

Suddenly, Zero started laughing. He couldn't help it.

From his life into his death, Blackfire had been a figurative Duracell.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus' attention instantly snaps across the gauntlet, studying the newly active stone so intently that he doesn't even notice when Zero breaks into laughter.

K
    Kai

They actively pulse now, and you can almost see the abyssal lines connecting them. The spirit realm is barren, even the slow speaking spirit of earth seems to have retreated away.

O
    Organiker

Fiddler feels the tug, and realizes the last subtle stone must be active. "We need to leave. each stone has an effect on its surroundings. Most of these stones have making or unmaking involved in them, which means there will be terrible consequences for people near the gross arcana stones when they activate. we should report back."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus is already briskly walking back toward the car. [color=#7fff3f]"It's worse than that. The other stones have started pulsing on their own and the whole thing is tied together by the Abyss. I don't think we have much time."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"All righty," said Zero, following the others. "Back to Cal's?"

All else aside, there was some serious shit going on. Was this tied to the disappearance of all the Sacramento Mages previously? Were they all getting ready to disappear again?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

K
    Kai

((
    On the way back in the car to the hostel, there is an accident that detours you, causing you to take an exceptionally long time to get back to the hostel. (you may post conversation after this post, but somewhere along the way, this article comes over the radio)
    "And in the news of the weird, it seems just like yesterday that people were complaining about the state of the flora and fauna at Discovery Park, but now...

"Once thought only indigenous to Tropical regions and swamps, an entire area of Discover Park has been covered in them. Scientists have not yet been able to get out there to observe these plants, but several people have called in to report these strange plants.
    'We've never seen anything like these before. They are much larger than the ones I've seen in the grocery store, and they are also quick growing, at least I think. I don't remember seeing them yesterday, but I could be wrong. Ah, my memory is a bit foggy anyway'

The university expects to send some scientists out tomorrow to collect samples and begin studying what might be a previously undiscovered plant!"

and in other news...

))

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread