Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Helping Hands

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Darren Nash

Sighing, Darren stands with a smile touching his face.

"Over here, Miss Claire. I was just waiting for the students; they thought they could play with me but the day isn't over yet."

Miss Claire continues to have the confused look on her face as she walks over to the shed and places the tray inside.

"The students have no returned from their classes yet. What do you mean playing with you?"
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Darren Nash

The smile drains slightly from his face as she tells Darren this.

"Are you sure, Miss Claire? Its just that someone keeps moving Mr Claire's tools everytime I move them."

Miss Claire looks puzzled. "Call me Brenda." She says absently, as she considers Darren's words.

"Well, that is just odd isn't it. You know, this neighborhood does have a number of stray cats. Maybe one of them has snuck into the shed and is miving things. You know how cats can be so sneaky and quiet. Let's have a look."

She enters the shed and begins moving things around, looking behind various equipment in the search for a cat.

After about fifteen minutes or so, the shed still comes up empty.

"Huh, I don't understand it. Something has to be messing with the tools if you say they are being moved."

Darren Nash

"As I said, Mis...er, Brenda, I thought it was the guys joking around. Now I think about it, after a while it felt as if someone was watching me, you know?"

Darren hopes she does know, 'cause this was beginning to get to him a bit.

"At first, I felt quite content, tidying out some of the tools, then I thought it was just yourself looking from the kitchen." He slows as he tries to recall. "I don't know, after a few hours it felt like someone was actually in the shed, watching me. Then," indicating to the tools, "as I moved the tools, someone kept moving them back."

He scratches his head, confused.

Brenda thinks about it and looks around. "Well, I have not really spent any time in here since Henry died. Maybe his presence still ingers here? I am sure it will pass. In any event, I brought you lunch. The boys will be home soon and I thought I would send them back here to help when they get in. Would that be ok?"

Darren Nash

Darren looks at her with his mouth hanging slightly open. His presence? a ghost! Darren wanted to laugh but looking at the shed made something inside him think that wouldn't go down very well.

"Er, yeah, lunch, sounds good." He walks up towards the house with Miss Claire glancing once over his shoulder and felt a shiver run down his spine.

Miss Claire picks up the tray and walks to the back porch and sets the tray down on the table.

"Well, I wasn't sure what you wanted really, but you looked like maybe you were getting hungry."

She sits and picks up a sandwitch.

Darren Nash

After washing his hands, Darren takes a seat next to Miss Claire and eats half of his sandwich in silence.

"So, do you really think your husband is still here, watching after you?"

Miss Claire shurgs. "Who knows? I do not discount it as a possibility. People really know very little about death and what comes after. It was more of a rhetorical statement anyway. I can't see why Henry would stick around when I am sure he has much better things to do with his time."

She chewed a bite of sandwitch thoughtfully, before asking. "Why? Do you think the shed is haunted Darren?"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last