Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
The Katzenjammer Kids live!

The dialect of the lizard critters slays me! Props to Benji for his new NP characters from the "Underworld" Changeling thread:

QUOTE: John is, if not exactly enjoying the evening, at least enjoying the burn of the whiskey as it crawls down his throat. He's the only changeling in the room, and nobody seems to pay him any attention. The bar is fairly crowded with regulars and the lights are down low.

There is a slight but definite tugging on his jacket. "Eksuse me Sir, but are hyu in charge uf dis estableeshment ?" The hand tugging on his jacket is taloned and scaly and bright pink. It's owner is very small, looks like nothing more that a lizard standing upright in a brown suit right out of the 1950s. It's even wearing a tiny brown bowler hat. It is smiling a very wide smile at you.

It might be meant as something reassuring, except for the fact that it's full of very sharp teeth, all needle thin, and the smallest ones at least three inches long.

There's an identical one a step behind it and to the left. The only difference with this one is that it's red and not pink. It's carrying a big stack of fliers in it's arms. It lowers the papers and smiles an identical smile at you.
    Red whishpers into Pinkie's... well the side of Pinkie's head. It must have an ear there somewhere. "Hy told hyu dat he vas too shebby!" Pinky elbows Red and hisses back at it "Schut up, schut up, schut up!" Red staggers, but keeps the papers in one pile.

Pinky faces John andis again all smiles. Giant toothy maw smiles. "Hy apologize for my sister's manners sir. Dis iz vy she iz doink de karryink und Hy em doink de foldink." Pinkie's hand moves towards the stack of papers with lightning speed and it folds one sheet into a little origami box. Then with another hand it takes out a scroll and a quill. "As an apology for my sister's rudeness, Hy vould like to ekstend a formal invitation to de festivities. May Hy hef you name?"

I have been very impressed with Benji's oddball npcs so far, these guys and the rainbow-clockwork birds

Benji, hyu reads da Gurl Genius I tinks. Da Jagers, dey talks so goot!

+ Reply to Thread