1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Museum of Anthropology and Antiquity

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Yes, please," West replied as they followed Tyria back to her office. "We were wondering if you knew of anyone in particular who was well-versed in these things, or had been researching them lately."

This isn't Baltimore.

"We think there might be a link to Peter Cartright's death," he reluctantly added.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

K
    Kai

She arches an eyebrow and takes a deep breath.
    "We saw them in our observations. They aren't like anything we've ever seen before. They have magical capabilities, and really that's unheard of, even in our 'legends' and 'lores'. As far as I know, even our order heads aren't remotely capable of creating sustainable automaton, much less one that's awakened."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh frowns. "So, what you are saying is, these constructs are alive, awakened, and walking around the city right now? If they are indeed constructs, can they be controlled? Or do they have a mind of their own if they are awakened as you suspect?"

K
    Kai

"Well, most constructs have some sort of self awareness or "A mind of their own", the degree just varies. Most mages wouldn't bother putting the effort into something that can't think for itself, at least on some level. We have to assume that they were being issued commands by the perpetrator, and they probably at least look on them favorably, usually because some sort of carrot is being held in their faces by their creator."

She ponders for a minute.

"Whoever it is, they knew the person most likely to be able to hunt them down would have been Peter. It doesn't matter now. Between this, the banishers, and the stones, I'm not sure how long we can hold out. And I'm not entirely sure this isn't connected with banishers."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh gives Tyria a sharp looks, then glances at West. "Stones? What stones?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"And what made Mr. Cartright the most able to hunt them down?" West wasn't taking undue offense, he was honestly curious.

What specializations did Cartright have that made him the most dangerous opponent to 'Ed'? Other than knowing him, of course -- but does Tyria know that? Probably.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

K
    Kai

"Simply put, he had a pulse on just about everything. He must have gotten cocky, or there's someone better. I don't know. He had multiple masteries, not the least of which included space and prime."

A light bulb goes off in her head "Everyone liked Peter, but gave him a healthy dose of fear and respect. Even Wells, and Wells was a bastard to everyone. No one knows where he went either."

"As for the stones, we have two groups of people working on them. Listen, I don't want you to worry about those, as Undrichmann and I believe this is just as important as those, if not more so, and Undrichmann seems to have faith that your cabal will make leaps and bounds dealing with this."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Can you tell us anything useful about Wells, or something else that you think might be relevant?" West asked, glancing at Ankh.

Another dead end? Maybe it was time to see what Kai had dug up on the church.

K
    Kai

"Since the last incident of Wells acting crazy, he hasn't shown up. Peter was trying to keep tabs on all the mages and their whereabouts, and the only time I ever heard him get frustrated was trying to keep up with Wells. I don't know how much of a history they had, but they knew each other before Sacramento."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh nods. "Ok. So, in other words, you think Wells had something to do with this?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread