Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Eagleland has Landed

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Monday, December 6, 2010, 6:30am.> Matthew "Matt" Lucas walks into the Department of Homeland Security's, Geosciences division, it seems as if he's the first one to arrive which may be a good thing since he's a greenhorn in the DHS. His dad used to tell him to always try to make a good first impression.
    He walked in and turned on the lights, it was still dark out but you could see the dawn breaking over the foothills of the Rockies the were to the east of the city of Rivers. He looks at the view a few minutes, appreciating the calm before the storm. Eyes closed, brething steadily.
    He opened his eyes, and moved over to his desk to begin his day...

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Not much later Jessica bumped into the office. She stumbled in with both hands full. The first very fresh coffee of the day. We need to start a day with Starbucks of course. It's the only way to endure the office-coffee the rest of the day.

In her other hand was a purse. And under her arms were some papers and magazines. First, she didn't seem to notice Matt. And with a loud boom the magazines we're dumped somewhere around Jessica's desk. Normally she dumped them on her desk. But that's where the ICE documents were at the moment.

She mumbles something and then looks up. Someone forgot to put the lights of or something? Or ...

'Heeey! Matt darling, you're here early. I -' Jeesh awkward. People didn't belong to be here before she came in, with all her chaos. There is an obvious moment where Jessica thinks about something to say.

'I want to gather all our information and show it to Kate or Johnson. Unless there is some last thing that needs to be done. Because we did a great job yesterday, and it's not 100% clear how much we need to find out.' This all ended with a happy smile. My way of saying Good Morning Folks!
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

P
    Possible Autism

Ben is discovering that his rented Cobalt has a few quirks. The turn signal won't stay in place unless he holds it down, the gas gauge goes up and down regardless of how recently the tank was filled and the raido is stuck on one station where someone is having a conniption over the 49ers' season so far. Ben has never cared about the 49ers; he just likes having a radio on in his car and he wonders if he can sneak in some personal time today to find a reputable auto dealership.

He strolls into the office with a travel mug of strong coffee in one hand.

"Morning, Warren," he says, and after a moment trying to remember, he says, "Matt," with a nod in Matt's direction. "Are we still on that ICE project today?"

Matt stood up and walked over to Jessica's desk, he was carrying a file folder. He tapped her on the shoulder, while waving at Ben in greeting. "Before, I left last night I'd had my terminal comb though the DHS database for those applicants with a military, criminal, or intelligence background. Matt smiled, a triumphant grin.
    "There was only one hit; a man going by the name of Valon Behari. Behari is an Albanian citizen but has a US residence, and he switches between the two throughout the year. He's listed as a "security consultant"--which in most cases would mean "mercenary"--and works for a company called Eagleland International Security. Eagleland, and Behari's home, are both in... Sacramento. I suggest that bafore we take our results to the higher-ups we should pool what we've learned so far to see if it might fit with something else.

P
    Possible Autism

Ben takes a sip of his coffee and wonders, Why name a business Eagleland International... The thought fades away, replaced by a memory. He sets the coffee down and combs through what he found the other day.

"Check this out," he says to the others. "I found a guy named Joseph Lushi--ex-military, got involved with all kinds of bad things before he dropped off the radar: gun running, slave trade, so on. Nowadays he goes by Tonin Alia, a point man for a business called EIS that's trying to open a branch in the States."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'That's all great. It's a good idea to show our work to the, by you so called "higher ups".' And yes, she makes the matching gesture with her fingers. *hellooo, they have names you know!*

Realizing she might sound a bit more bitchy than she meant to, she adds lightly spoken: 'You've definetly found out more exciting things than I have. They'll be glad to here we've found so many things in one day, I hope.'

But then some thoughts go through her mind, and she sits at the frontside of her desk while she takes her mobile in her hand. 'You guys have two other colleagues in this team, who you haven't met yet. Maybe I'll make a call to know how their business goes.'

OOC

Jessica's just putting her phone to her ear when she sees gray hair bobbing beyond cubicle walls. Looks like Rizzo's at his desk, actually. Must just be getting a start on his day, too. No sign of Vince, though; he'd had to leave suddenly the day before--something about his grandmother being hurt--and whatever had happened, it looked like he wasn't coming in today.

"Well, EIS is obviously Eagleland International Security the question is why do they want to operate here in the U.S. when their main business is in other countries." Matt does somethinking, and remembers when he was a college student in Texas, one of the jobs he took to earn expense money was as a security guard, "I don't know about California laws but in Texas in order for a company to run its own domestic security force, it had to file for and receive a license in security from the Texas department of Public Safety. Does California have a Department of Public Safety?"

P
    Possible Autism

Ben shakes his head. "Not in the same way as Texas. Here, a private security company needs a license from the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services--BSIS. They regulate everything from security contractors to locksmiths."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Jessica halfly listens to the conversation that's going on between her two colleagues. She put the phone down when she saw Frank Rizzo.

Not giving any notion to Matt or Ben, she shuffles over to Frank. With her hands on her hips she says: 'Good morning Frank! You've mist a few things yesterday, but I hope you had a nice day. Went everything alright with Timothy?'

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last